• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Drake VS lance!

Lance VS Drake

• Drake

Votes: 34 28.3%
  • Lance

Votes: 86 71.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

okjoek

Hoenn champ
    Years
    who would win in a pokemon battle? drake of the hoenn elite four or lance of the kanto elite four?

I think it would be pretty close... They both have ups and downs. Drake has some prety nice divercity while lance has 2 pokemon that arent even fully evolved.

But lance has some pokemon that arent dragon type which could be really good or really bad... Areodactyl might have an edge with its rock type moves. and gyarados could know ice fang (only in the newer versions though =/, so i guess thats not a factor)

I personaly pick drake, but I think lance has the looks with the cape and whatnot, drake just looks like one of those corrupt pirates.

Years
    Coming from a completely unbiased opinion, I would say... Lance.

Lance is an uber plus, he's the Champion for a reason. It'd be, personally, very close but Lance could pull it off. Normally, I'd say those with a Kingdra would have the edge, but, Lance's cousin IS Claire. I'm sure they've trained together and he could probably sweep a Kingdra. Drake and Lance.. that is a hearty challenge and to be honest, I'd love to see it happen.

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    Well I think this is only fair using E4 teams from Emerald and FRLG, so this is how it would go down. Using movesets from the actual gen 3 games.

Drake VS lance!
    VS.
    Drake VS lance!

Since Gyarados isn't a dragon type Shelgon can't do too much. Gyarados destroys it with dragon rage and hyper beam and is left at yellow health.

Drake VS lance!
    VS.
    Drake VS lance!

Altaria gets a free turn to dragon dance after hyper beam and finishes off Gyarados using A DDSTAB boosted Aerial Ace.

Drake VS lance!
    VS.
    Drake VS lance!

Altaria manages two get a couple dragonbreath attacks in before Outrage finishes it off.

Drake VS lance!
    VS.
    Drake VS lance!

Drake's Kingdra doesn't know any dragon type "attacks", but Dragonair is confused from outrage and Kingdra uses Dragon Dance and follows up with a body slam to KO Dragonair.

Drake VS lance!
    VS.
    Drake VS lance!
    (2)
    The Second Dragonair easily disposes of Kingdra.

Drake VS lance!
    VS.
    Drake VS lance!

Drake's Flygon uses Dragonbreath to defeat Dragonair although its health is at yellow from Dragonair's outrage.

Drake VS lance!
    VS.
    Drake VS lance!

Aerodactyl fires off a desperate hyper beam but Flygon barely survives. It gets two attacks in but it still isn't enough. Flygon faints from Wing Attack on the next turn.

Drake VS lance!
    VS.
    Drake VS lance!

Salamence defeats Aerodactyl but takes an Ancientpower attack.

Drake VS lance!
    VS.
    Drake VS lance!

Salamence's Dragon claw hits hard but Dragonite uses Outrage which adds on to the damage Salamence has already taken to knock it out.
    Drake VS lance!
    THE WINNER IS LANCE!

jjnerdful

Never post
    Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2011
    Hold on... the whole thing depends on which generation's Lance we're talking about here. You seem to be comparing Gen I's Lance to Drake, which doesn't even work because in Gen I Drake didn't even exist.

EDIT: Never mind that. I forgot about the first battle with Lance in FRLG when he has two Dragonairs. I was only thinking the rematch part.

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    ^ I used the Lance and Drake from the 3rd gen. So the pokemon movesets are third gen.

jjnerdful

Never post
    Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2011
    No no no not you Ace. I was talking about OP's post. Your post wasn't even there while I was typing, it just popped up right after I clicked post quick reply.

Years
    Lance vs Drake? More like Lance vs Pirate Lance!

On a more serious note, I don't know who would win. One might try to simulate a battle between them in shoddy though.

Jung

Sica please.
    Years
    Lance is epic. The power to control dragons? Being a champion and all. :o Not to mention he's heir to the blackthorn city Dragon cave thing. c: (Manga) And did you see that cape of his? :O

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2016
    lance easilly takes it maybe only losing one pokemon

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Lance whoops my ass half the time and Drake can never muster a thing. Lance takes the vote for me.

Ctrl.Alt.Geak

Swords Master
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2017
    Lance. I hold no logic behind why, he is just fantastic! He's far more involved in the in-game events than Drake, plus he's a champ!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Going with Lance here. Even though Drake has a Salamence, Lance has 3 Dragonite (in G/S/C/HG/SS). Lance also has 3 dragon-like Pokemon that aren't Dragon type (Charizard, Aerodactyl, Gyarados), giving his team a bit of variety (but giving his team a huge Rock weakness at the same time).

okjoek

Hoenn champ
    Years
    Yea lance Is my inspiration for making a team exactly like his.

I basically stole all his pokemon and gave them better moves and better stats. not to mension I replaced the 2 dragonair or whatever with a salamence and kingdra. So the type variety does ultimatly win with lance.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Going with Lance on this one, being the master of a clan devoted to dragons and all. Plus he uses some non-Dragons that Drake doesn't really have an effective way of countering.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back