• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Dreams (Completed) - Version 1.5.1 now available

Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024
    Don't know if it is a known bug, but playing on My Boy! I'm unable to get a porygon because the coin count seems to overflow instead of capping at 9999 and the game crashes.

Edit: was able to hit exactly 9999 through savestates after another 7 or so crashes, but the crash is bad enough to make the emulator need a force stop to get it going again.

Last edited:
    Years
    • She/her/hers
    • Seen Oct 26, 2023
    My game doesn't progress past looking at your eevee on the train

I've seen quite a few people mention having trouble with getting stuck before the game really begins. I've had the same issue. It happens once the train stops in Centralis City and the other passengers all leave.

I'm going to try to use a different FireRed gba file, but I know for a fact mine was clean. Will update if something happens to work.

Use a different emulator. There's a list of working emulators in the faq in the discord.

Game runs fine on official hardware so the problem is definitely emulator accuracy and not the ROM

I really enjoyed this game, about to start a new playthrough and I thought I'd ask on here, where would I find rockruff and noibat?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1oQpMAweBilvqnmKDFWiDlo98ZfXZZ5Jl8t6oz09gYZc/edit?usp=sharing

Please tell me how to get Lunar Wing

Catch Cresselia in Lunar Cave and it'll be holding the Lunar Wing

Years
    • She/her/hers
    • Seen Oct 26, 2023
    Version 1.3 is out!

Inverse Battle Mode has been added, Game Corner prizes have been changed, Youngster Edd in Pokemon Ranch has Audino now so you can get it in your DexNav early, Shiny Charm exists now, and some bugs have been fixed, among other things.

There are probably new bugs knowing me, so let me know what you find

Old saves are compatible. Before switching over, save in a location that is not Solda Station, the Game Corner, or the Battle Bar.

Years
    • She/her/hers
    • Seen Oct 26, 2023
    Don't know if it is a known bug, but playing on My Boy! I'm unable to get a porygon because the coin count seems to overflow instead of capping at 9999 and the game crashes.

Edit: was able to hit exactly 9999 through savestates after another 7 or so crashes, but the crash is bad enough to make the emulator need a force stop to get it going again.

Fixed this in 1.3. Thanks!

Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024
    Glad I could help, liking the hack so far, still have a long way to go though since I'm playing so many other things at the moment.

Years
    • Seen Sep 13, 2023
    Hey, nice looking hack. My first try I ran into a bug where I was on a bike after the train scene, and when I pressed start my name was garbled text in the menu. Selecting it crashed the game

I can't get it to happen again
    Edit: This was on VBA

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2022
    I'm unsure what the NTSC 1.0 Version of Fire Red is. I'm usually used to using the Squirrels Fire Red when it comes to patching.

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2021
    I'm unsure what the NTSC 1.0 Version of Fire Red is. I'm usually used to using the Squirrels Fire Red when it comes to patching.

Here's how I patched it. I changed the extension of the bin file to .ups and patched it with a squirrels Fire Red through NUPS and it worked like a charm.

Years
    • She/her/hers
    • Seen Oct 26, 2023
    Version 1.4 is out!

This update is only bug fixes. Check the OP for the changelog. Old saves are compatible.

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
    Years
    I was wondering if this ROM hack has the Amulet Coin and if so, where is it? Fighting the Colosseum over and over again is getting a bit dull and I could really use the extra money for a Scyther from the Game Corner (I suck at the Slot Machine).

Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2023
    I was wondering if this ROM hack has the Amulet Coin and if so, where is it? Fighting the Colosseum over and over again is getting a bit dull and I could really use the extra money for a Scyther from the Game Corner (I suck at the Slot Machine).
    You can get one in Eccoh City (from someone in the lab, I think).

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
    Years
    OK, so I got as far as the Emerald Tower, and I just couldnt do it. Not in the 'I dont know how to do it' way, but the 'I cant be bothered' way. I was just bored of things at that point. The hack's good. I just wasn't interested in all the backtracking I had to do.

Years
    Though it's a fire red hack, a lot of fire codes aren't working, like TM codes, learning moves, the money cheat, and items in your PC.

Years
    • She/her/hers
    • Seen Oct 26, 2023
    Version 1.5 is out!

Badge designs were customized and more bugs have been fixed. Old saves are compatible.

Back