• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

DS games to have DSi exclusivity features.

Glaceon_

Here today, [i]gone tomorrow...?[/i]
Years
  • I mean, DSi itself is just a mix between DS and PSP.

This is how I view the DSi, as well... and I have a perfectly fine PSP already. Not to mention I only replaced my DS in January...

As for the explained content that the games would have... I'm not overly impressed, to be honest. At the moment, the only explained enhancement mentioned is the texture creation with photos. Not an earth-breaking development, but I suppose I'll give them the fact that it is somewhat of an advancement, nonetheless...

But with that, I'm still not moved to actually purchase a DSi for a feature I'll very likely never use, because of the fact that it isn't good enough to bother with or the fact that I don't even have the game the enhancement is for. Not to mention the lack of a GBA slot shifted my thoughts on the console a great deal.

At the moment, it just looks like Nintendo trying the bigger straw to suck more of us in... but we all owe it to Nintendo to see what other enhancements they have in mind for future updates on this feature...
    I'm on the fence overall, though; the DSi just doesn't impress me enough for me to get one.

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • I'll have to agree with that. Personally, I'm going to hold out on getting a DSi until I see for myself what kind of launch titles the DSi is going to have, what kind of features they've got planned for it and what capabilities it has over the DS besides two silly cameras and an SD card slot to ensure storage for your photos.

Now I wouldn't mind a virtual console thing on the DSi but, I'm not that much into the old school games to want to take them with me. Honestly, I don't even get to have enough face time with my Wii because I prefer being online anyhow. (Not that I can't do that on the wii, but I think I've properly explored it's potential as a system. It's certainly nice but, playing the thing is a bit tiring, which is a bit of a putoff because I'm a marathon gamer, I'll sit down and try to complete a game over a 2-14 day period, and with the wii that just isn't possible with all the arm waving and remote wielding involved. >_>)

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • I say that we can welcome a VC for gb titles that has connectivity features hopefully that trick the game and system into that. If not then meh whatever im still getting one cause i just want one. I say be on top while you can. And I will cause im not missing out on any features if gsds comes along with any or even Spirit tracks. Hopefully spirit tracks has something i like to call internal saving. Just cause i want to download a 100% save file with everything. Also it seems that it will most likely will be as its much more smoother and a bit faster then PH cause of the probable ram boost for the game. YES!

Bulletproof

This time baby I'll be...
    Years
  • *Sigh* Just another cheap, heartless attempt for Nintendo to make even more money than it's already making. Man, sometimes these game companies really disappoint me...
    just admit it. you want one and you live in the 1990s. here is 2009. here is the future.

nice idea to me. once I buy a dsi then I shall be having more fun than the gba players who cannot use the amazing features of the little handheld dream.

anyone who is saying 'oh I'll keep my ds lite/ds because I want to keep my old gba games because they're cool' wake up. it's called a DS not a GBA.

;).

Years
  • just admit it. you want one and you live in the 1990s. here is 2009. here is the future.

Dude, he's probably refering to the fact Nintendo made millions upon millions of dollars with DS sales alone, and then released this with DSi ONLY games, which may (I pray to god it doesn't) mean we'll NEED DSi's in the future.

Neko

PC's Traveling Artist
    Years
  • just admit it. you want one and you live in the 1990s. here is 2009. here is the future.

nice idea to me. once I buy a dsi then I shall be having more fun than the gba players who cannot use the amazing features of the little handheld dream.

anyone who is saying 'oh I'll keep my ds lite/ds because I want to keep my old gba games because they're cool' wake up. it's called a DS not a GBA.

;).

And who says I never wanted one, hm? Sure, if I could have everything I ever wanted, why wouldn't I choose a dsi? It may not have a gba port, but it has pros to weigh out the cons.

But you say "this is 2009" like everyone is gonna go jump out their homes and rush out and buy a dsi, just because it has these "little amazing features" that the ds and ds lite didn't have. Well, you know what? This is 2009. This year is an economic downturn, and in the town where I live it happens to be one of the highest percentages of lay offs, with more than 11% of all people getting laid off here.

So you can go ahead and buy you're little dsi. Have a blast. And I'll save up my money for more practical things. Hell, I'm perfectly happy with my ds. It's in decent condition, and there is no really good reason for me to go out and spend 170 plus dollars on one right this second.

So as you can see, this is why it would tick me, and probably quite a few others, off if Nintendo had decided to go and do something stupid like make dsi-only game (which they probably will go and do). Because right now the only reason to buy one is to have a ds that looks pretty and has internet features.

Though even if there is a dsi-only game I'm still gonna wait until my ds finally dies, or at least until I save up a decent amount of cash (which could take years, mind you). I'm thinking maybe by then the price will drop, not to mention it's internet browser would probably be improved by then as well. :)

EDIT: By the way Leon K. Fox, I'm a girl. ;)

And yes that's one of the things I was referring too. How cheap these game companies can be sometimes and some of the things they do so that you are practically FORCED to buy their new systems. They don't care if everyone's getting laid off and has a shortage of cash. All they care about is making as much money as they possibly can and milking a single system for way too much than it's actually worth, until they move on to the next system. It can get very annoying. ;/

Last edited:

Miyukii

ShweetyパイPopzz♥
    Years
  • Well, above all this, the DSi does have a good: WarioWare game coming out, where you have to use the camera to do certain minigames. It does look good...but um...

I for myself, am not buying a DSi. Why? It's the selling way. Haha. But I have to say, we CAN'T get those games now, 'cuz of the bloody DSi.

Aww, I'm getting confused now. Lol.

Back