• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

DSi LL

Ponyta

Diamond Hooves
    Years
    lol, wow. I was thinking about getting a DSi, good thing I've been waiting XD *huggles DS Lite*

Niprop

The Fighting Porygon Team
    Years
    ... ... ...

Time to save money yet again, cause I lost my own DSi. Besides, with for DS(is?), I can play on long trips for longer. If one runs out of power, I'll simply change to the next, a sort of back-up, if you will.

Oh well, at least they're selling at the same price as the regular DSi, unlike another hand-held console we all know of...

(Yes, I know I'm an idiot sucker when it comes to this sort of thing.)

yaminokaitou

りゅうのマスター
    Years
    Hm. Well, it depends on the features. I'm not too into having a big DSi, though having a bigger screen might be nice. But what concerns me is battery life and the image quality. If there's a noticeable difference I'll stick to getting a normal DSi. If not, I might think about getting the DSi XL. I need to see one in person before I can really choose.

I don't see why people are making a big deal out of this. Even if you already have a DSi, the "upgrades" aren't enough to make it worth getting upset. This is probably to help support Nintendo's older fans who might have problems with the current DS's screen size.

Game Over1375

Hito-Shura is awesome
    Years
    *Looks at DSi LL while my jaws drop*

Oh...my...friggin'...god...

Okay Nintendo, stop rereleasing new versions of the DS, especially when the DSi hasn't been out that long. Still though, that doesn't mean I am not going to get it. I've been wanting a bigger DSi for a while now, due to my hands(they are very manly).

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Same resolution, bigger size... does that mean everything's gonna look pixelated?

I like the DS Lite for its ability to fit in my pocket and enabling me to take it to the student union, class, the bus, wherever. This thing might just be too big for that, which would not make me happy. Really, the only thing that would convince me to buy this would be a decent camera (4-6 megapixel at bare minimum). But since that appears to be out of the question, I'll pass just like I passed on the DSi.

Maybe when my DS Lite dies... or maybe I'll get another DS Lite. Depends on whether they've improved battery life and whether I still have the need for a GBA slot by then.

Gunn

horror resident
    Years
    Eh, well, I was already planning to not invest into buying a DSi of my own. It didn't gain enough of my appeal, besides the gimmicky camera thing, so I just stuck with my ol' pal DS Lite and even the old chunky platinum DS. Buuuut... this one I think I'm actually going to look into to. I really like the stylus since the teeeeny tiny previous ones I was not a fan of and I even alternated to using my tablet stylus instead. xD

I'm not really sure on how I feel about the enlarged structure, though; maybe if it was just instead wider I think I would be completely satisfied with it, otherwise, I'm feeling indifferent. I've never had a problem with bigger sizes, but as others have had mentioned, the whole magnification scenario doesn't seem to be playing out well. Stretched pixels are ugly. >_<

The Darkest Gale

Welcome to my life
    Years
    I think they might have made for a reason probably stated about a thousand times before me
    adult gamers have bigger hands and maybe its more like the adult version in a way I guess. I know that my gran has a ds lite and her fingers always get sore because of the actual size
    its pointless to some I guess (especially me I spent 3 months saving up for frigging DSi) but maybe to adults its possibly a relief? my opinion but the colours cool

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    I don't see why people are making a big deal out of this. Even if you already have a DSi, the "upgrades" aren't enough to make it worth getting upset. This is probably to help support Nintendo's older fans who might have problems with the current DS's screen size.
    Indeed. It's just an option for those who want or need it. Just because it exists doesn't mean you're obligated to buy it. Look at clothing... if you take a Small don't buy XXL and expect it to be snug.

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2016
    Ah yes, the dsi ll. Its just the same thing as the dsi only bigger. Its really weird that nintendo would make a new dsi thats bigger like they did to the ds to ds lite. I recommend not getting it because if you have a dsi already, there really is no reason why you should get the same thing but bigger. Plus, the stylus is like the one connected to the leapster only wider and not connected to it. So the the stylus might be uncomfortable unless you own a kind of leapster. Thats what I think about it.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I actually want this. Its different and cute, I want it in that exact rose color. Big is bold, and I have been on a bold streak lately.

A Pixy

Cruel?
    Years
    Nintendo, your greed DISGUSTS ME!! I guess all those easily breaking DSi models (or so I've heard) and want something more heavy duty. I've got my DS Lite, I'm happy, I'm not buying this even if I had the money to begin with.

.Seth

.explorer.
    Years
    I wish everyone who posted about Nintendo being greedy or saying it's pointless would shut up and think for a minute, please. Every business wants more cash flow, so why is that bad? Is Nintendo the only company doing that? Have you looked at the US banks lately? And if Nintendo wants to shove off something just to make money, they have the right to do that. If it'll make more money, why not sell it?

To those who say it's pointless: You don't know how it's going to affect the consumers. Old people who like video games would probably love that bigger stylus (as a smaller one may fall out of their hand, since they can't grip it as well as you younger people can). And a lot of older people have bad eyesight, so a bigger screen would be helpful to them. Just because it's not made just for you does not make it a pointless piece of crap.

Last edited:
    Back