• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

DSi LL

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Battery life is roughly the same as the DS Lite. :/ Unless you play on the highest brightness setting, you probably wouldn't notice any difference.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Battery life is roughly the same as the DS Lite. :/ Unless you play on the highest brightness setting, you probably wouldn't notice any difference.

That sounds much better, but they still lack a GBA slot :[
    I think Nintendo just wants to finish those games once and for all, pulling the plug on them in a way.
    It would be better if they had a real stylus and not a pen though :\

Great Mazinger

nope.avi
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2013
    It seems nobody is willing to let this generation of consoles or handhelds be superseded any time soon.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    I wish everyone who posted about Nintendo being greedy or saying it's pointless would shut up and think for a minute, please. Every business wants more cash flow, so why is that bad? Is Nintendo the only company doing that? Have you looked at the US banks lately? And if Nintendo wants to shove off something just to make money, they have the right to do that. If it'll make more money, why not sell it?

To those who say it's pointless: You don't know how it's going to affect the consumers. Old people who like video games would probably love that bigger stylus (as a smaller one may fall out of their hand, since they can't grip it as well as you younger people can). And a lot of older people have bad eyesight, so a bigger screen would be helpful to them. Just because it's not made just for you does not make it a pointless piece of crap.
    Indeed.

We are consumers in an expanding market. And like every other market in the world, not everything is geared at everyone. I like movies. Do I run to theatre and watch every movie that's released just because I like movies? No. I don't understand why "gamers" feel compelled to play and buy almost everything that comes out.

The existence of things like Wii Music or the DSi LL - which clearly aren't intended for them - drives them nuts. And then, they execute their right as consumers to not purchase it. (Although rather loudly over the Internet as if someone cares.) Which is how it's supposed to work. You buy what you want. Nobody is telling you to buy it, or forcing you to buy it. You have choices.

The DSi LL is geared toward older players. Nintendo wants them to buy it, they don't really care that a 13 year old who already has a DS or several won't buy it - that's not the market that the device is intended for.

Halcyon

peace and serenity
    Years
    I bought the DSi two days ago ...even though I read this news.

I knew at this age I wouldn't want to buy the DSi LL because the screen and stylus is too big. Why make both of them bigger, when we can see the screen very well, and it is harder to fit into the pouch (or whatever it is kept in), thank you.

Not going to regret it though. :D

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2024
    so if its that huge, whats their excuse for not being able to play GBA games now?

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
    Years
    I'm getting 2 DS LL, one for my dad since he's been interested in the DS, but has a hard time with seeing what's on the screen, and the other...for me, sweeties. =p

And as for you, BlooMilk C. I believe, they just removed the GBA hardware/emulation entirely from the DSi's hardware.

WiiMann

I gots Heart Gold!! ^_^
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 29, 2012
    Eh

I mmean as long as they don't go changing the games for them im fine but if thts the case i'd be one angry customer

Years
    Well, besides having the bigger screens, the DSi XL screens also have better viewing angles.

Anyway, it really shouldn't be a slap in the face to us who already bought regular DSi's. As mentioned, this is for the older demographic. More specifically, this is a response to the older demographic in Japan complaining that the DS(i) screens were too small to read. As usual, Nintendo is caring for it's homeland and sharing it with the rest of the world (Game Boy Light excluded).

This is in no way a fail, but a solution to a common problem where their strongest market is. Of course, if you completely misunderstand the point of the console, it's easy to call it a fail. It might flop in overseas markets, but in Japan, it will probably sell pretty well.

As for me, my DSi just broke. I won't be getting a DSi XL, or even a new DSi. My candy-blue DSi is just going to be sent in for repair, or replacement.

The Darkest Gale

Welcome to my life
    Years
    I guess all those easily breaking DSi models (or so I've heard)

I know its a guess you made but it was wrong (sorry for being picky)
    the ds lite could take a couple of falls and stumbles but it would pack in at one point 9hence me having 5 protective cases for it lol) but the DSi is surprising stronger O_o. it will look a hell lot worse after the falls (at least the whits one would) but it could withstand a beating better than the lite
    and the old chunky wasn't too reliable when it came to sturdiness

EDIT:and as stated above and in my last post the DSi XL was made for adults because the screens and everything was to small

Back