• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dual types you consider blasphemy in Pokemon

PumpJack

Gentleman Thug
    Years
    However, I see no reason why Gyarados was given the Flying type and we all have experienced the crippling state he has to face against Electric types. I feel he would be overall better as pure Water, or maybe Dragon if it comes to that. Not a bad option either, Outrage is a physical Dragon type move enough for Gyarados.

From what I hear, Gyarados wasn't made Water/Dragon because it would have made him insanely overpowered back in Gen 1. I suppose the Flying type was assigned as both a way to nerf him as well as having some semblance of similarity to Dragon by pure aesthetics (wind/storm/cyclones are often associated with deities/mythical creatures in ancient cultures).

Years
    I think the flying part is just there to have an immunity to ground type moves, especially earthquake

Dialga was one of my top fav legendaries, then I found out that its a "Water-Dragon". Dont get me wrong I love water types and all but for some reason water-dragon just didnt click for me. To me its a no no:-/... On the other hand I hate the thought of fire-water, dark-fairy and please for the love of Arceas NO fighting-fairy!!! Its like picturing a buff Tinkerbell>:-(

Last edited:

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
    Ground/Rock - y so many weakness..?

Dark/Ghost - get m0ar weakness plis

And until now, that's basically the only thing I'm thinking of :P

Turnip

Magnificent Turnip
    Years
    I'm surprised that Dark/Fairy is a difficult combo - aren't loads of fairies in folklore generally mischievous little things? Some of them are just downright evil, evil pixie Pokémon thing wouldn't be a difficult concept, for me at least.

Personally, I don't really see many type combos that don't make sense, considering the versatility of the types' meanings. I think... maybe... nope! There's not a single type combo I can think of that seems entirely outlandish. I mean, it's Pokémon logic, here, pretty much anything is reasonable.

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
    Years
    Personally, I don't really see many type combos that don't make sense, considering the versatility of the types' meanings. I think... maybe... nope! There's not a single type combo I can think of that seems entirely outlandish. I mean, it's Pokémon logic, here, pretty much anything is reasonable.

Well, I think Bug/Ice would certainly be fake, because no bugs have ever lived in the Arctic. Rock/Psychic is also a strange typing, but that is apparantly a combo introduced a long time ago. Fighting/Fairy is also fake, because you're mixing two personalities into one Pokemon. Charm Punch? I think that's too ridiculous.

Back