• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dubbed opening theme BATTLE ROYALE!

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years

• The above clip is contains all of the openings to the English-language dub of the Pokemon anime that have been released so far (as well as something called Pokemon Chronicles, which Wikipedia assures me is a spin-off).

Which of these is your favourite opening and why?

I'm really interested to see how well the new ones hold up against all the nostalgia that's probably going to seep through. So... go nuts! :D

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • I pretty much like all themes not AG and DP. If I had to go with one probably Pokemon Theme (Indigo League) and closely followed by Born to Be a Winner (Johto League Champions). Vocally speaking though I thought Rival Destinies was the best. Although I still prefer the First two gens themes to it.

And Wikipedia is correct Chronicles is indeed a spin off.

Years
  • My faves were Pokemon Theme (Indigo League) for its nostalgia and Black & White for its music style. Rival Destinies comes a close second.

Yeah, the Unova themes had great vocals and they finally have a duet singing them as opposed to a solo singer in the Kanto-Sinnoh theme songs.

But yeah, I love all the themes anyway.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • My top favorite themes are Pokemon Theme (Indigo League) and Pokemon Johto (Johto Journeys obviously) .

The Pokemon Theme because nothing beats the originals, it takes me back to the good days of watching the anime as a 6 year old and I find it hard for me to not scream the lyrics at the top of my lungs.

Pokemon Johto just for the sheer catchiness of it. Especially the "do do do do do do do,do do do do do do" part. (I bet you're singing it now)

Honorable mentions go to "I Wanna Be a Hero" (Pokemon Advanced/season 6) and "Battle Cry- (Stand Up!)" (Galactic Battles). The first time I heard "I Wanna Be a Hero", was at the Pokemon Rocks America event/convention in St.Louis back in 2003 when they showed the first two episodes of season 6 and I fell in love with the theme. My brothers and I song all the time even before the season premiered. Sing it out loud on Halloween(day before the season aired in America.) and even recorded ourselves singing it one day.

As for "Battle Cry - (Stand Up!)":
    In my opinion the DP theme seemed to lack quality and "Battle Cry" is the only one that seems to stand out for me. Another one where I find myself shouting the lyrics to.

Charicific

PkMn Trainer
    Years
  • I love most of AG's themes. "I Wanna Be a Hero" and "I'm Unbeatable" ...man those are a pleasure to the ears. Above all of that are some of Johto's mesmerizing themes (all of them I guess..). Out of the DP gen I only liked the last one, Sinnoh League Victors.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I like the Advanced and Diamond/Pearl themes because of their rhythms and lyrics. I find the Black/White themes meh, however.

atmmachine11

Jumping portals since 1997.
    Years
  • Opening 4, Opening 3, Opening 1 is not a favorite but it brings the most nostalgia. I like them because overall the johto openings just make my ears feel happy, if that makes sense. I also really like opening 6, it was cool to be going into something new, and the song just felt really nice. I don't care for the diamond and pearl openings or the black and white ones. They just do not appeal to me .

Back