• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Dumbest/Weirdest Thing You Did In R/B/Y

ZINK3.0

Hacker Beginner
Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2009
    I was really young but I did this
    Dumbest thing was using a Masterball on Raticate
    Weirdest thing I did was name myself LMNQUOS

pandapanda

> 9000
    Years
  • Everything from my "early days" of pokemon are VERY foggy, seeing as I was what... seven at the time? Anyway. Dumbest was the truck, definitely. I actually traded in a pokemon with cut and everything.

Pissed me off to no end when I didn't get a mew D:

I honestly can't even remember if there even IS a truck.

Jamie006

Old School Pokémaster
    Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2008
    There is a truck, but it doesn't do anything.

Anyhow, I didn't know anything about the Legendary Birds the first time I ran into one (Articuno), so I wound up either killing it or possibly even running away from it and then saving afterward.

Years
    • NA
    • Seen Jan 12, 2008
    I don't see what's so bad about catching it. It's NOT a virus.

I caught somewhere near ten of them in my Red version yet it's still running fine. In fact it's the only one I have that still works.

Yeah, I've got lots and lots of Missingnos and Ms in my Blue, nothing bad really happened.

Dumbest thing I ever did was when I first got the game (I was three or four and this was my first video game ever) I stayed in the same room for 10 hours or something. Sadly, my little mind was entertained and I stared at the screen while walking around the same place over and over. It was until later I got out, and then I got upset because I liked inside the house better. And don't ask me how many hours it took for me to get to the grass (I didn't know how to read English that well at that age anyways). Also, I didn't know how to save until someone showed me. Now that I look back on it, it's pretty funny.

Weirdest thing was that I battled a Lass in Blue. Twice. This was before I used Mew glitch or Missingo or any glitches for that matter and I never use gameshark or cheat devices, and I never heard it happening before. I just beat up this weak Lass's last pidgey with my pikachu, Avenged. Avenged gained exp points, and then the battle music started playing over again. Before I knew it, I had to battle her again, and her pokemon had full HP. What did she do, run to the pokemon center? Avenged killed her pokemon a second time. I checked everything and talked to the Lass a lot but nothing was weird.

Obi-Wan Jerkobi

Great Party!
    Years
  • Dumbest: When I was 3 I only had Red. I did not no how to get through rock tunnel so I just hung out near vermillion and fought wild pokemon. When I found out where flash was and how to use it, it had been six months since I had been stuck. My charizard, Bunny, was at level 67 yet it still listened to me. The rest of the gyms were one flamethrower per pokemon.

Weirdest: Surfed up and down Cinnabar trying to copy my master balls and I get into a battle, the screen stayed black.... then a messed up Blaine sprite took place of a M%*# (no cuss intended) sprite. It was level 255 but used the same move set as M'. It was named, M' But it looked like Blaine! Seriously, a wild Blaine appeared!!! LOL!

kchrules

GSC=fav poke generation
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2010
    Dumbest thing I ever did was catch articuno with my master ball :(

Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2007
    The weirdest thing that happened to me was my brother left out his gameboy with pokemon yellow in it and my other brother who was like 2 at the time took it and somehow managed to catch zapdos with a pokeball. Its weird cause my brother who's game it was had been trying to catch it for ages then a 2 year old comes along and catches it for him.

Ripper

The Dark Knight
    Years
  • I vaguely remember my older brother playing his (and our) first game... It was Yellow I believe... We had to check on the net to find out how to get out of your house :P

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    dumbest thing I ever did? I tried running into Brock wondering why the "!" would'nt come up, thinking that he'll battle me if I came to him. I did this for around an hour before pressing the b button. then doing that for another hour before pressing the A button XD. kinda embarresing.

OH LMAO. That actually made me laugh xD

The dumbest thing I did was when I battled my friend with a Link Cable, when we pulled the cable out in battle, a level 100 charizard called AAAAA would start battling. We did it over and over again =D

The weirdest thing that happened was that I wanted a Kangaskan, so I did it the Missingo way. :3

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
  • One time, i tried to clone my strong furret. Almost all the times i tried to get into bills pc to withdraw it, my game crashed. I once got it out and when i sent it out to battle, it turned into a Kingdra... And i did it with lugia-he just disappeared into cyberspace...

Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2008
    I didn't save before I battled moltres (or maybe it was zapdos) and I made it faint so I didn't get to catch it. The coolest thing about playing the games was when one of my pokemon reached level 100. I think Charizard was my first pokemon on level 100 and I also had a raichu, ninetales, articuno, mew, mewtwo, flareon, omastar, and maybe some others I can't remember that well. Blue version has been my favorite game so far!

Orochi

Orochi - ShimaKage
    Years
  • The Dumbest thing i did

The dumbest thing i did was catching a missingo or something like tht with a masterball,saved it and went to glitch city which was ugly.(i didnt know how to clone items that time)

Years
  • The dumbest thing I have done is catch a Pidgeotto in Pokémon Yellow only train it used it on every trainer and Gym Leader got it up to Level 63 and all my other Pokémon were around Level 20-30 which sucked but hey always look on the bright side of life because I cained the Elite Four with it!

DarkLugiaMaster Gir

TMNT Fanboy
    Years
  • Dumbest thing:nothing this game was perfect except for me battling MissingNo. and let my friend play,his brother taught me and not him the trick for a good reason he never listened,so i went to the bathroom and told him not to capture him and guess what he does
    Weirdest:Every thing,i mean i caught 2 of the starters in the wild with no cheats,got the three birds with just one like great ball,beat the elite four on the 3rd try with like with no items,and a missno. destroyed my memory file and the save drive on it,soon i will try the 100 hour charge like my online friend,it worked for him,Oh and this was all on my blue,i love this game,oh and now if the cartriged gets poked in play it buzzes,freezes,and messes up graphic,the poor medapod being choped into a ton of pecies,oh shoot i did to ack...(never used no cheat but missingno.,the one in my neiborhood was weird,my friend's brother who taught me the trick it switched his Laprases name to Starmie and his Starmies to Laprass)

Last edited:
    Back