• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

During what Generation did you start playing/liking Pokemon

During what Generation did you start playing/liking Pokemon

• Generation I (Red, Blue, and Yellow era)

Votes: 105 70.9%
  • Generation II (Gold, Silver, and Crystal era)

Votes: 20 13.5%
  • Generation III (Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald era)

Votes: 16 10.8%
  • Generation IV (Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum era)

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Generation V (Black and White era)(I won't play/like Pokemon until B&W are out)

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I don't like/watch Pokemon

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Bonzai-Cat

The Best Around
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2011
    1st generation for me as well and in my opinion the 2nd generation was the peak of Pokemon awesomeness.

Last edited:

Numbers

Say my name
    Years
    For me it was 1st Gen, my 1st game was Pokemon Red.
    Ahh those were the days, when everyone in my area would be out in the streets trading cards and doing battles. Nowadays if you even think of liking Pokmone then you're "gay"

I was going to put "I don't like/watch pokemon" for a laugh. But seriously, why is that even an option? lol

Silver

Kyle
    Years
    This makes me feel old. I was around 7 years old when generation one came out. And that'd be when I started playing. Still playing as I head to college in a few months.

RedJoker™

Beginning Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Jul 29, 2010
    for me it would have to be gen 1 when i first played yellow
    gen 1 all the way

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
    Generation I for me. My first game was Yellow, but I was involved in the other mediums for a while before that too.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    Generation 1.

I was really into it season 1 but then i randomly stopped watching after the Indigo Plateau. Perhaps it changed channel to one i didn't have?

Then started from the beginning again in 2009 and now i'm up to speed. So Gen 1 for me as well.

EDIT - My first game was a Rom of Fire Red. I never liked the games as a kid, i preferred Zelda lol. I think my first brought game will be SS as i think i will need something to play as i'm actually starting to look forward for B/W :L

Years
    • Seen Oct 28, 2012
    Generation IIII. I'm a pretty late Pokefan. My first game was Shadows of Almia, then Platinum, Diamond, Pearl, HeartGold and SoulSilver. My first deck of cards was Diamond and Pearl: Legends Awakened Bombardment deck. I became a fan in the first half of 2009. Late, huh?

Ruin Maniac

Booshka
    Years
    I got pokemon Silver the day it came out, and that's when I started playing. I did go back and buy the generation 1 games though. Since then, I've owned every pokemon game going. Even pokemon Snap!

Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2023
    I don't remember when I started liking Pokemon. It seemed like it was always there...

But I remember I started playing during the Generation II days. However, my first game was a Gen I game, and I didn't get a Gen II game until 3 months before the release of Ruby/Sapphire. So, physically, I've been playing since the Gen II days, but technically I've been playing since the Gen I days. If that makes sense.

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
    Years
    First generation, RBY, I was in first grade when I first encountered it. I think it was just a little while until the second generation would come out, as I remember playing Gold and Silver just the next year.

ArcanineOod

DESU.
    Years
    I got Pokemon Yellow pretty soon after it came out, I believe. I was completely hooked right from the off. We were staying in this hotel for Christmas, and I just spent the whole time just sitting on the hotel stairs playing. Or so my Mother tells me; I was so young I don't remember very much apart from riding the bike along the paths surrounding the daycare below Cerulean City. XD

Agent Clank

Bye PC
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2011
    Generation 1.
    Ive been a Pokefan from the begining!
    and I will never stop...ever.

GoldvsRed

Geodude is a pretty cool guy.
    Years
    I watched the anime and played the card game during Gen. I, and then stopped liking it until late Gen. II/early Gen. III, when my GBA came packaged with a copy of Crystal. It was the first of the games that I played, and now the only things I like are the games and the TCG.

Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2010
    1st generation, watching pokemon at 7:00am in the morning before going to school in the morning for the first season.

I also have a preference for 1st generation pokemon, as each generation seems to be a morph of its predecessor.

I'm attempting to play III generation as I've had a hard time to get into the swing of it.

Back