• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Essentials Tutorial] Dynamax tutorial

Years
  • Does this work for v17.2...
    Last time I checked this i couldnt find some things and messaged u as pfrompallet...

I created the script based on version 17, so probably some methods are different, just rename them if applicable. I don't usually look at my personal messages often.

#Not Important

All hail the wishmaker
    Years
  • Ok, I copied the scripts the way you said but I am getting this error:
    Code:
    --------------------------------------
    Script Pokebattle_Battler line 3535: SyntaxError occured
    --------------------------------------
    Please help...

Years
  • I couldn't give my script cuz I made a lot of changes for my personal game, what say in your line 3535?

Years
    • Seen Sep 19, 2023
    I couldn't give my script cuz I made a lot of changes for my personal game, what say in your line 3535?

Hi the hpbar doesnt work, because normally the color is green but now is grey, the points of the evs works

Years
  • Code:
    if pbBelongsToPlayer?(index) || @battlers[index].pbPartner && !pbIsOpposing?(index)
          @scene.pbSendOut index,@battlers[index].pokemon)
        elsif pbIsOpposing?(index)
          @scene.pbTrainerSendOut (index,@battlers[index].pokemon)
        end

This code above (present in the step which starts with "Dyanamax Battler") can be edited to:

Code:
    if pbBelongsToPlayer?(index) || @battlers[index].pbPartner && !pbIsOpposing?(index)
          pbCommonAnimation("DynaBallPlayer",@battlers[index],nil)
          pbCommonAnimation("DynaBallEnemy",@battlers[index],nil)
        end

Where DynaBallPlayer and DynaBallEnemy are 2 common animations that need to be defined by you in the Animation Editor.

Years
  • Code:
          @scene.pbSendOut index,@battlers[index].pokemon)
          @scene.pbTrainerSendOut (index,@battlers[index].pokemon)
        end

This code above (present in the step which starts with "Dyanamax Battler") can be edited to:

Code:
          pbCommonAnimation("DynaBallPlayer",@battlers[index],nil)
          pbCommonAnimation("DynaBallEnemy",@battlers[index],nil)
        end

Where DynaBallPlayer and DynaBallEnemy are 2 common animations that need to be defined by you in the Animation Editor.

I think is have another way to make a special ball animation for Dynamax. If I found, I'll post here!

Years
    • Seen Feb 29, 2020
    Weird, I tried my hand on this but for some reason when I activate dynamax the move didn't change into their max moves. I placed the def pbmaxmove in Pokebattle_battler, below def isairborne?. I've also added the battler.pbmaxmove to pokebattle_scene.
    Ok, found out the the reason why the move didn't change. Anyway, great tutorial! Thanks for taking your time to write this.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2020
    Fauno I can't open the script files its decrypted. Can u send me the file which has addition of gen 8 mons with new moves and abilities

Years
  • Fauno I can't open the script files its decrypted. Can u send me the file which has addition of gen 8 mons with new moves and abilities

You need to open the scripts file through the Script Editor in RPG Maker XP. Then you need to make the additions, mentioned in the Original Post, to add the Dynamax System to your game.

If you need to add Gen 8 Moves and Abilities then check here:
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=422817

And if you need to add Gen 8 Pokémon Data then
    check here and add them to your PBS Files:
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=426248

Make sure to credit the creators of the resources.

Years
  • why not make a new project insert your dynamax script
    and then give us the script to that!

I think the tutorial is pretty clear. fauno has explained where to put what step-by-step and has done it very well so that people inexperienced with RPGXP Scripts can also follow. The Z-Move System was inserted in scripts like you said, and people like me, who were midway with their projects, had to go through the pain of extracting the scripts through the painful process of comparing every battle-related script of the scripts.rxdata in the project and that of fresh essentials. The way fauno has shared the script allows anyone to add Dynamax to the any project be it fresh or WIP.

Years
  • why not make a new project insert your dynamax script
    and then give us the script to that!

The reason why I don't put Dynamax in a clean version of essentials?
    Simple! I said in the tutorial that I made Dynamax based on my game that is in development, so with the hype of generation 8, I chose to release my version of Dynamax, it is not official, but it works exactly as in the original games. I am still implementing several features and releasing a clean version of essentials with something incomplete will not help at all, as you will need to change everything again when the system is really functional.

Back