• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen E4 - what level was your team?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vagrantwanderer

Saturated Sarcasm
Years
  • I don't have a huge problem with any of the elite 4 but Lance is KILLING me. My entire team is level 42, but Outrage still takes me out over and over again.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • In both HG/SS, my starter was level 57 while the rest were at level 55, making the Johto E4 the easiest Pokemon League I ever challenged.

Porygon Z

721 and counting!
    Years
  • I'm playing my new Heart Gold copy, right now I'm about to challenge the Blackthorn Gym and my team is all around Lv. 35... Maybe I can grind to Lv. 40 before the Pokèmon League. And, I'm doing lots of Bug Catching contest, hoping to win a Shiny Stone for my Togetic.

EDIT: I've reached the Pokèmon League, and I'm in the 39s. I'll grind to 40 and then I'll try. No Togekiss :(

Last edited:

Seeds Horizon

Gotta love that feeling~
    Years
  • Lets see..My Typhlosion was around 55, and my Lugia around 55 by the time I figured out a strategy to own the E4 and Lance easily. The rest of my team was in the 30s, mainly because they were HM Slaves pretty much XD. I only really used Typhlosion and Lugia for attacking, Lugia takes out first elite, then Ty burns his way through the second, then Lugia Pyschics the thirds Pokes into faintness, and Ty rollouts his way to the finish~ with the fourth. The only E4 I had problems with was the Last one, cute but deadly..Stupid Umbreon >:O.Lance was a huge pain. Took me until my third try of him to finally beat him. His Lv. 49 Dragonites werent too much of a problem, but it took me awhile to develop a strategy to take out his RAGING Lv. 50. Finally figured out Lugia has the ability Pressure, and Extrasensory and Psychic can hurt Dragonites pretty badly. My strategy is as follows: Send out Lugia, since its Speed is greater than Dragonites, it attacks first, which pretty much is the core of my strategy. Let Outrage take about 40% of my HP max, then use Psychic/Extrasensory again, hopefully bringing his Dragonite down to about 30-40% Hp with the second attack. Heal up using a Hyper Potion or Full Restore if Lugia was paralyzed or some other status thing, let Outrage hit me yet again, hopefully I have above half HP, and Psychic my way to victory~! Aerodactly was also a problem, since its speed was greater than any of my Pokes, it always attacked first, usually dealing out A LOT of damage. *shrugs* ive actually beat Lance about 20 times...Before I owned Kanto region. Now his Pokes are in the 70s..And im still training for Red D:. Oh well...

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    All of mine were in their 50s, so I didn't really have a problem beating the E-4.

Molts

Novice Breeder
    Years
  • I had a team in the mid 40's, and I only beat it out of sheer luck and way to many revives and hyper potions. I beat it on my second try, though my first try didn't really count since I was just trying to figure out what types they were. XD

Needless ot say the lvl 60 post game stuff was harsh on my lvl 45-48ish team.

Jesspke

Passerby~
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2016
    My starter was over used, as always, so she was at like lvl 50-60, but no luck, so I traded my team over to my hacked game, trained my team there, and crushed the Elite 4 like 5 bugs >:D

Years
  • mine was around 40-50 and I asked for an tm ice beam in the trade corner for my quassire. After I got the ice beam killed them like a piece of cake. I had typholsion, quassire, crobat I think this was it. lol Oh and I had a shiny gamestop from raikou.

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
    Years
    • WI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    I play through my SS a lot of times. My Pokemon end up being levels 46-52 and I have a total of 6 Pokemon on my team. The game is very fun!

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • I really can't recall all of the members that were on my team but I do remember that 4 of them were Lugia, Meganium, Feraligatr and Typhlosion. Feraligatr was in level 56 while the other 5 were at level 51 when I finally reached the Elite four

:t354:TG

Arcaray

Tetris God.
    Years
  • The first time I beat the Four, my team consisted of:
    Feraligatr, Lv.41
    Typhlosion, Lv. 41
    Ampharos, Lv. 41
    Meganium, Lv. 40
    Lugia, Lv. 47
    Onix, Lv. 41.

If I'm honest, I impressed myself with that.

Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2022
    Have to go look, assuming it will have been underleveled since I beat diamond e4 first time with highest lvl being 58 or 55, forget which, and for white strongest being 50.

Ah here we are:
    Ampharos lvl 39
    Typhlosion lvl 38
    Lugia lvl 52
    Gyarados lvl 39
    Graveler lvl 36
    Quagsire lvl 26

Seeds Horizon

Gotta love that feeling~
    Years
  • Have to go look, assuming it will have been underleveled since I beat diamond e4 first time with highest lvl being 58 or 55, forget which, and for white strongest being 50.

Ah here we are:
    Ampharos lvl 39
    Typhlosion lvl 38
    Lugia lvl 52
    Gyarados lvl 39
    Graveler lvl 36
    Quagsire lvl 26

Thats a pretty good team, but if I were you I would level up at least Typhlosion to Lv. 45 or so, since he will be a major player in your team. I pretty much duoed with Lugia and Typhlosion, Typhlosion takes out first two, and the last one, while Lugia takes out third and last with Psychic type moves ^_^. So goodluck!

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I didn't actually use a team, I never do, I just trained and leveled up my Feraligatr to level 70 or so and took on the league like that. With help from revives and such.

Years
  • I usually end up at the E4 with a team around Lv. 42, like you. I then trade my Pokemon over to Platinum with an exp share and boost them up to Level 50, it's quite the efficient method, and I reccomend you do it, if you have access to another DS. If not, then I suggest you grind like crazy, as I did in my nuzlocke challenge, try and find as much trainers as you can, and battle them. After that, train against the Ditto on Route 48 (go up the Waterfall to find them) and the Pokemon in victory road. Charizard★'s method is also effective, but it's most effective if you have Feralgatr, Typhlosion and Meganium only end up doing decent against the Elite Four, while in attacking roles. Also, if Outrage continues to give you trouble, then you could always catch a Steel type, such as Skarmory or Forretress.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back