• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Early Game Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.

XxDawnfanxX

The stubborn Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    Yes, Spearow. I never really trained one, but maybe it'll be time for a change when I encounter some early Pokémon.

Yeah, Spearow was always one of those annoying pokemon no one liked haha. But if you raise it into a Fearow, it is one of the more good flying pokemon and good to have along side of you.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Which proves a point, even though Spearow maybe a bit annoying at first, if you really train one you'll have bit more of a different apsect on it, and realize how strong it can be once evolved in the game.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Having a Wobbuffet early, I would think that'll make some of the game a bit too easy if Wobbuffet was given out early.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Wobbuffet was put in the Uber tier for a reason and having one so early isn't really needed. I think we're better off where we left off in the originals somewhat, but it needs revision that's for sure.

Kristy Haruka

Johto Fangirl!~
    Years
    • Seen Sep 5, 2009
    Wobbuffet is horrible in-game. Trainers hardly switch out their Pokemon anyway and you could take them down much faster without the use of Counter/Mila's Coat.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Plus, Wobbuffet has great defensive stats, that it'll be hard for in-game Pokémon to take it down as well as it being hard for Wobbuffet to take down others. So, that I won't be needing early in the game pretty much.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    If they even put it early in the game [Wobbuffet] I probably won't catch it. The only early game Pokémon I'll obtain for myself is those that'll help me more out when it comes to the Gyms and Elites.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
    I don't see what is wrong with the first Pokémon in the game. I like them. Most of them come in handy at some point or another. Wobbuffet would be useless. It has rubbish attack, but great defence, making it useless in-game.

Kristy Haruka

Johto Fangirl!~
    Years
    • Seen Sep 5, 2009
    Teddiursa and Larvitar to be found earlier in the game?

From the photos we saw a Teddiursa in Cherrygrove City and Larvitar in the entranceway between Mahogany and Ecruteak City. There were also other Pokemon like Steelix in the Ruins of Alph, but we already know Onixes could be found early... So do you think there will be new early Pokemon? ^.^;

viemortevolroc

Beta Tester,Mapper Beginner
    Years
    • Seen Sep 5, 2009
    wasnt aipom found in trees by using headbutt?
    i hope larvitar is cuz i love training larvitar into tyranitar XD
    and teddiursa is soooooo cute!
    maybe they will have wild scizor XD

*Nayz*

a.k.a L_Judah
    Years
    wasnt aipom found in trees by using headbutt?
    i hope larvitar is cuz i love training larvitar into tyranitar XD
    and teddiursa is soooooo cute!
    maybe they will have wild scizor XD

yea, aipom could be found once you received headbutt which was in Ilex Forest.

I love Teddiursa as well.

Star★Seeker

→s t y l e ;
    Years
    From the photos we saw a Teddiursa in Cherrygrove City and Larvitar in the entranceway between Mahogany and Ecruteak City. There were also other Pokemon like Steelix in the Ruins of Alph, but we already know Onixes could be found early... So do you think there will be new early Pokemon? ^.^;
    Not necessairly, they might be found later in game and and the screenshots might have taken after the people who work on the game captured them in the beta and used fly (or some secret developer exclusive method) and to get to places were the screenshots appear so as to not spoil everything. Just a possibility, though.

Kristy Haruka

Johto Fangirl!~
    Years
    • Seen Sep 5, 2009
    Not necessairly, they might be found later in game and and the screenshots might have taken after the people who work on the game captured them in the beta and used fly (or some secret developer exclusive method) and to get to places were the screenshots appear so as to not spoil everything. Just a possibility, though.

I guess but it would also make sense for them to put the Johto Pokemon back in Johto... Perhaps we get to travel to Mt. Silver BEFORE Kanto? o.o;

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Considering this is pretty much on the same topic as this 'Early Game Pokemon' thread, only now with more specifics given the more information - the two threads have been merged.

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
    Years
    Hopefully, HG/SS adds more useful Pokemon such as Phanpy (added in Crystal)
    Nope, Phanpy was in Silver, too. I was sad in Gold because I couldn't catch the most adorable Pokémon ever on my game! So I caught Teddiursa to fill the void...

Wobbuffet has a High HP as same as Blissey they are just great in defense.. But they are weak in Power.
    I don't care what anyone says about Wobbuffet. It sucks and doesn't belong on the über list. Not one tiny bit. Blissey is fine, even though it has the most terrible Attack, Speed, and Defense. Its Special Attack is decent and its Special Defense is pretty great. Not to mention its HP is the highest possible value. Can strategize like a superstar.

Last edited:

madskil72

I don't really have mad skills
    Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2011
    well, for the first gym leader, you could always catch a bellsprout, and then trade it for the onyx (Rockey) in the house near the pokemon center. =/

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back