• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Early Game Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I'd like to have Murkrow and Houndour found at night closeby, I think that'll be a good add-in for the early Pokémon encounters.

Miss Soupy

o v e r d o s e
    Years
  • Iunno. I kind of liked the beginning Pokemon. c= Sure, if you picked up Chikorita... yeah, I could see where that would be a little harder to get past the first gym with; but I think it should be kept the same, basically. Like, no major changes. As in, no Pokemon that were found waaaaaay later in the game. D;

Uh, and yeah. As mentioned above, most of the beginning Pokemon are crap, and will continue to stalk you throughout the game.
    (Ratata. >_>)

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I don't want to see Rattata anymore, I mean it is like Zigzagoon and Bidoof, it is seen everywhere and it gets really annoying. First, they don't even give you much EXP. Points for your Pokémon at all. Though, Zigzagoon and Rattata do have great evolutions, Bidoof was just ... there ... Anyway, depending on how they change the location of the earlier Pokémon might have effect on what my team will turn out to be in the game.

Ayselipera

I agree there really isnt a point for pokemon like
    rattata, sentret, zigzagoon, and bidoof. Their stats
    aren't great and they're everywhere in the game they
    feature in. They pretty much just take up space or
    become an HM slave. Although I will say bidoof was
    a little bit of an improvement. Only because its evolution
    has a secondary type.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Bidoof was improved and suprisingly his attacks for a Pokémon like that weren't too bad. So, maybe I guess with the new moves, the Pokémon in Johto won't have bad moves either.

Miss Soupy

o v e r d o s e
    Years
  • At least they're cute, I guess? x] But honestly. They really to seem like the kind of "lol we dunt no what else to put here so we'll just add dem!11" kind of Pokemon. >>;;;;

I know that's not the case, but still. xD;;;

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Yeah the early Pokémon are mostly cute, so I guess that factor won't change in the remake.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    No, Sentret was one of those early seen Pokémon who weren't as annoying as Bidoof and Zigzagoon were. It was more of a mild appearance compared to them in their respective regions.

Kristy Haruka

Johto Fangirl!~
    Years
    • Seen Sep 5, 2009
    Rattata took the spot of Sentret in GSC, too, IIRC. So it had two generations to wreak havoc on us. xD

And let's not forget the pests of caves (Zubat) and bodies of water (Tentacool). xD

Ozzy

Banned
    Years
    • Seen May 8, 2010
    I 100% agree with you, I remember trying to get the Grass Badge (Or whatever you wanna call it) from the gym leader and it took HOURS and sometimes DAYS to get that Scyther gone, and even when it was gone there was an occasional switch in the roster and another monster would be after that. It really pissed me off.

Hopefully this will all be changed...

Pan!ko

vibratingcat XD
    Years
  • I dont think it really matters. I'll be pretty much using cyndaquill for most of it (lol).. but I wouldn't mind if they added mareep early on. Or aipom as you said. And I don't see why you guys bag sentret so much. Its ****, but its heaps better then bidoof and zigzagoon. And it looks so cute!

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    i don't care what pokemon are in the beginning. Just that there is a great flyer and i'm done.
    They are also proberly gonna put hoenn and sinnoh pokemon in Kanto

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I think some few early encounters in Kanto will have some new gen Pokémon as well after the National Dex is recieved most likely. Though, for Johto the early flying types will probabaly remain the same with Pidgey and Hoothoot.

Kristy Haruka

Johto Fangirl!~
    Years
    • Seen Sep 5, 2009
    I think some few early encounters in Kanto will have some new gen Pokémon as well after the National Dex is recieved most likely. Though, for Johto the early flying types will probabaly remain the same with Pidgey and Hoothoot.

And Spearow. xD

Everyone forgets Spearow. D:

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Yes, Spearow. I never really trained one, but maybe it'll be time for a change when I encounter some early Pokémon.

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2011
    Most of those Pokemons like.. Zubat, Rattata, etc are made exactly for the reason that they must be there so we can level up without much hassle, plus there are always people who like having them even if only for HM's or even for TM's and equips..

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Not only that, but at only level five from the start, with having stronger types of Pokémon to early, then it'll give the players a harder chance at levling up and an easier chance at visiting the Pokémon Center more.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back