• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Early route Pokémon - do you use them?

Years
  • It depends on their design and if they would fit my team. I don't avoid them, but to be honest, there are usually more interesting Normal-types and birds later on.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • In playthroughs with HMs, more often than not I would have an early-game bird up until the end of the game (mainly Staraptor and Unfezant). Nowadays, pretty much the only early-game Pokémon I keep in my playthroughs in Charjabug (and Ampharos in B2W2 if it counts, since Mareep is found in Floccesy Ranch, which is located in Route 20). I tried making Dunsparce work in my UM and B2 playthroughs, but they clearly don't want us to actually use it :(.

Back