• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Easter!!

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
I celebrate Easter but not in the traditional sense of going to church etc. I'm actually not a big fan of religion in general, despite growing up catholic. I just don't like the concept of bowing down to somebody. That's just me though. I do however respect others faith in religion, so don't get me wrong. Anyway, back on topic, I usually go over to my grandmother's with the rest of my huge family and we all sit down and munch into a feast of food, which is always great since it gives me the opportunity to catch up with everyone.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
I just ate a meal on Easter with my dad and family and my sister was home from college for the weekend.That's about it though.

Years
We go to mass on Holy Thursday, Good Friday and finally Easter Sunday. We eat Easter eggs on Easter Sunday and afterwards. AFAIK, The egg represents the tomb or hollow Jesus was placed in after crucifixion. That's why the egg is hollow. I always thought the egg was also somehow a representation of heaven, too, as heaven is seen as a happy place, sort of like the way chocolate makes people happy. Over the Easter weekend, we normally visit cousins and eat out at a restaurant or a hotel...or have a Sunday roast dinner at home which is what we did this year.
Easter is nice, it brings people together and allows further worship of God and Jesus etc. you can even take part in lent. Yup yup.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I celebrate Easter by working three days in a row for double time and a half. Other traditions include getting a huge bag full of chocolates on Sunday morning and making sure to eat meat on Good Friday as a way to say "Screw you Jesus, I do what I want"

Back