• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Eating cereal with forks

Years
    There was a time in my life where I used to eat spaghetti with a knife. No, not with a fork and a spoon like any other normal child, but a knife.

Hey, at least the spaghetti still tasted nice.

EpsilonE

Banned
    Years
    I use a fork and knife for hot dogs and melted candy bars (snickers, reeses)

On the other hand, I use my hands to eat tool used foods like salads and steak

Muheheheheheh

Ayselipera

Sometimes I eat french fries with a fork.
    I really don't know why. :)

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    My dad and I have always ate noodles with forks.

Um.. aren't you supposed to eat noodles with forks? @_@

I somehow ended up eating soup with a fork the other day... and sometimes eat yoghurt with a knife :>

Vigilante

Ringleader of Hell
    Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2009
    I'm a hands on type of person, and prefer to go without my silverware. I use my hands for just about everything.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
    I use my hands for just about everything.
    Hope you wash 'em beforehand. BD

The only thing I can recall is that I typically use a spoon to eat vegetables. Mostly peas and corn, for the simple reason that I don't want to do that whole knife-and-fork trick. At a restaurant, I tend to refrain myself from doing this, but at home or at school nobody really cares what I use to eat with.

On a side note, I was actually forced to eat a steak and salad with a spoon the other day, as there were absolutely no forks to be found. That was a pretty annoying experience.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    I eat applesauce with a fork...it feels like it lasts longer if I do. :3

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    There are those occasional moments where I happen to use a different utensil for my food. For instance, there were a couple of times when I ate soup with a fork and even ate ice cream with a fork rather than a spoon. I happen to use my hands on those special days as well [don't worry, I do wash beforehand.] xD Other than this, it isn't something that happens often, but I'm sure it'll happen again sometime in the future for me and many others too.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
    I like to eat cookies with spoons too.

Hope you wash 'em beforehand. BD

The only thing I can recall is that I typically use a spoon to eat vegetables. Mostly peas and corn, for the simple reason that I don't want to do that whole knife-and-fork trick. At a restaurant, I tend to refrain myself from doing this, but at home or at school nobody really cares what I use to eat with.

On a side note, I was actually forced to eat a steak and salad with a spoon the other day, as there were absolutely no forks to be found. That was a pretty annoying experience.

Lars, I shun.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    No, not with a fork and a spoon like any other normal child, but a knife.
    Not every other normal child.

Everyone who uses a fork and spoon is in the wrong. You're supposed to use a fork. Just a fork. No spoon. That's how you authentically eat pasta.

...on that note I have no idea how to use chop sticks. So...I end up stabbing the food or just using a fork. Which I am very ashamed of

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I remember stabbing M&M's with forks when I was younger because I thought I'd be able to gobble them down quicker than simply grabbing them with my hands, it was quite fun until I realized I could develop carpal tunnel from it. x-x

Years
    Once upon a time I thought you were supposed to eat all Asian food with chopsticks. I would make curry rice and painstakingly eat it that way until I found out you're supposed to use a spoon. XD

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
    I eat bagels, not cereal >=D

I'll eat with whatever utensil I have at hand, whether it be a fork, spoon, knife, or saltshaker. Innovation is key to using a saltshaker to eat soup - can YOU do it?

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 10, 2015
    I sometimes go at a steak like it's a 'meat cookie' .. as I think Todd once said in Scrubs. But that's only at home and when my mum is not looking XD

I wouldn't do that in a restaurant. I'd probably be kicked out.

Michii

as in Mishy
    Years
    I find that a fork and a spoon can be interchangable for certain foods. Vegetables love both at my house, for example. Dinner! M'KAY -sits down- Fork or spoon? Fork, please. Fork if there's meat, spoon if there's not. The only dinner that I have no idea which utensil to use is mac 'n' cheese with mixed vegetables XD;.

Other than that, I believe that I usually eat my food with the right utensil. Although I ate chicken and fried rice with chopsticks the other day :3. It's definitely not easy.

minchan

Mudkip Worshipper
    Years
    Ooh I use chopsticks to eat rice. ALWAYS. It's actually kinda normal, since it's almost always chinese or japanese rice. and I'm chinese myself. (asian chopstick instincts!!)

but it's darn hard until you get the hang of it. Sticky Rice is easiest. lol

sometimes I eat jell-o with my hands. XD

ummm i tried eating stuff with a knife once or twice. a plastic one, mind you. LOL

Years
    GRAPEFRUIT WITH AN ICE CREAM SCOOP.

I ate salad out of a plastic ziploc bag once. Like, the lettuce and stuff was in the bag, I poured dressing in, closed it and shook it, then opened it and proceeded to just shove it to the top of the bag and grab bites of it with my mouth like a sandwich or something.

I've also eaten fried chicken with a plastic spork before, but that wasn't by choice; the restaurant only has sporks and butter knives. They were leaning more towards the spoon type than the fork type, too.

Back