• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Eating in or eating out?

Do you prefer to eat out or eat in?

• Eating out (restaurants, fast food, delivery, take out)

Votes: 11 40.7%
  • Eating in (home cooked meals)

Votes: 13 48.1%
  • No preference for either.

Votes: 3 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Do you prefer to eat out at restaurants or eat home cooking in your own house?
    Note: For this poll, consider delivery or take-out as "eating out" since you're getting food from an outside source.

Also, why do you prefer one over the other (or enjoy both if you have no preference).

As for me, I'd much rather eat out. I never acquired a taste for my parents' cooking and they cook too much stuff that I'm allergic to so I usually just end up eating a sandwich instead of whatever the rest of the family eats anyway.

Add to that the fact that we don't eat out much and it seems like a luxury to me when I can eat at a restaurant.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    I don't have any preference. I do like eating out though, since its different everytime. Other than that, I still don't have any preference on both.

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2011
    I prefer to eat in most of the time. It's cheaper, it's cosier and it's free of public annoyances.

However, very occasionally I don't mind eating out, like when I'm invited to somewhere decent and it's not too expensive. But definitely not often, because decent and not too expensive almost never go together, and I don't like people paying for me (even if they insist which does make me feel grateful but I feel guilty about it too).

Years
    Eating in is a lot cheaper, but I'm not a very good cook. All I can really do aside from instant stuff is pasta, rice, salad, and sandwiches – all of which I like, but eating it all the time can be a little boring so going out is something exciting for my taste buds. I try not to do it too often because it can really add up quickly.

Years
    Well, it is always nice to go to a restaurant, but I do prefer home cooking, because it means more and, if you cook it correctly, it always tastes nicer because you have put the effort in.

That is what I think anyway.​

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    We've been having a lot of take-outs lately. Possibly because my mom is really lazy these days. Same goes for me. >>; But I like eating out once in a while. A change in environment and taste is always pleasing once in a while, though I don't really go out too often. Not even once in a month (for evening meals), I think. Home cooking is always good and yum. Aye.

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
    Eating out is fun, and it's good to eat. But sometimes it's more healthy to eat home cooked meals... I enjoy both, actually.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    Nothing beats home-cooking! :) Not from me, though, I can't cook. My parents' home cooking is awesome, though. I'm a bit of a health freak, too, so I just love knowing what's in my food when I eat it, haha. Don't get me wrong, though, I like take-out or going to a nice restaurant from time to time, but it's a treat.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I come from a very food-friendly family. My mom and grandparents enjoy cooking up new recipes, taking cooking classes, and trying new things. And my step dad loves checking out new restaurants as well as cooking on his own. So I actually like both! Some days I would rather go get something from somewhere, like fast food, and then other days, I will just stick to whatever my grandmother brings over. Both are good though, so I guess I have no preference. It's food, no matter what.

Years
    My favorite way of nourishing myself is throwing whatever kind of bread I find into the toaster, at home of course. Saves me money, time and both social and traveling efforts. And doesn't even taste that bad :D

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I prefer to eat at home, because it seems like we eat out a lot and I normally just want a homecooked meal.

I'd rather eating out be reserved for special occasions or when I'm out with friends.

Years
    I prefer homecooked meals... or rather, these days, whatever boxed junk I get. I'm good at my job but when I get home I become a crap cook. :p My parents and stepbrothers are amazing cooks and I'd take their food over takeout almost any time. But between me and takeout, well, I'll still eat in most nights, but sometimes I'll regret not grabbing something tasty instead.

Captain Hobo.

Posting King
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2011
    I like eating in because by family is good cooks. Also I don't like sitting at a restaurants forever.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    Eating out FTW! Of couse eating at home is easier and more cost efficient, but I'm not paying for it yet XD I love going to restaurants or eating takeaway Thai. I can eat things my family could never manage to cook at home, and I love good Asian restaurants so much. Yummy!

HinaBaby

#1 Spongebob Fan!
    Years
    I prefer eating in with my family, it's better since this is the only time we all gather.

moments.

quixotic
    Years
    I prefer eating at home, especially with a home cooked meal. Not only is it the one main time we are all together as a family, but being part Italian, my mum whips up such delicious dishes!

Also, I find I am very rarely impressed by food whenever we go out to a restaurant. I just prefer the homey, hearty sort of meal. None of this decorative, look good stuff.

Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2011
    I prefer eating at home, usually with home-cooked meals. Why I do go out occasionally and have a blast eating at restaurants, I'd like that be considered a bit more of a special thing. I eat fast food usually when I have no other options(like now, my mom doesn't get paid for a few more days/she's been in the hospital). Homemade/eating in just has a lot of advantages that eating out/take-out just can't offer to a person.

For one, eating in is most likely the more healthier option. It will 1) be better prepared 2)most likely fresher ingredients/non-dehydrated and 3) Just less calories/bad junk. If you care about fitness, then this should be your option most if not all of the time. Just sometimes... sticking to a healthy regimen is hard. Esp when you can't buy your own food to make, and have to make due with what is given to you.

Eating in is also more leisurely, imo. You aren't as rushed, or put to as high standards as you would be in a public place I don't know about you guys, but I don't just eat to eat... I like to enjoy it as well. You know? That is half the point to eating, to eat foods that you enjoy. I also like to chat while I'm eating and what not.

So, to simply put it, eating in triumphs over eating out.

Back