• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Egg Hatching

bluestars83

Your friendly neighborhood Ace Trainer :)
Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 6, 2016
    So, now i've gotten the Oval Charm for completing the Hoenn Dex in AS i'm making a start on my IV breeding.
    Thing is, is it just me or does it take FOREVER for some pokemons eggs to hatch? I get a batch of five going, have a Magma Armor/Flame Body pokemon in my team and use Hatching Lv3 O-Power yet eggs still manage to take ages to hatch. It drives me mad. I'll persevere as i wanna get a (as close to) perfect IV pokemon for every pokemon (except legends ofc). I know it's gonna take me a loooong time to do but i'm dedicated and it gives me something to do on it as i've completed the story, almost done with legendaries and just collecting Vivillon patterns and few missing pokemon still to get.
    What does everyone else do whilst hatching eggs to pass the time?

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • Are you hatching Eevee's or something? Double check the amount of steps each takes. Anything in the 5,000's and below are the fastest (and make up the majority of pokes). I think if it is in the 5,000's it takes 3 minutes (double check on that).

I watch youtube videos as I breed like pokemon LP's and stuff that are 20-30 minutes long because I dont want to have to click every 5 minutes and slowing down my breeding.

Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2016
    So, now i've gotten the Oval Charm for completing the Hoenn Dex in AS i'm making a start on my IV breeding.
    Thing is, is it just me or does it take FOREVER for some pokemons eggs to hatch? I get a batch of five going, have a Magma Armor/Flame Body pokemon in my team and use Hatching Lv3 O-Power yet eggs still manage to take ages to hatch. It drives me mad. I'll persevere as i wanna get a (as close to) perfect IV pokemon for every pokemon (except legends ofc). I know it's gonna take me a loooong time to do but i'm dedicated and it gives me something to do on it as i've completed the story, almost done with legendaries and just collecting Vivillon patterns and few missing pokemon still to get.
    What does everyone else do whilst hatching eggs to pass the time?

Are you using Battle Frontier as a place to keep looping round? Generally that's where I use, then I get some sticky tape and tape my buttons down so I don't have to sit there holding the left or right button :P.

bluestars83

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 6, 2016
    "Are you hatching Eevee's or something? Double check the amount of steps each takes. Anything in the 5,000's and below are the fastest (and make up the majority of pokes). I think if it is in the 5,000's it takes 3 minutes (double check on that)"

I am doing Eevees atm yh, but i'm just meaning in general with most higher up pokes, i know they take a lil longer, but even with everything going to help knock the time down, it still feels like ages, lol. None of this bothers me, bores me a little after time but doesn't bother me. Just wanted to see if anyone else feels the same.

Are you using Battle Frontier as a place to keep looping round? Generally that's where I use, then I get some sticky tape and tape my buttons down so I don't have to sit there holding the left or right button
    Egg Hatching

Yeah i do use that trick myself. If its lower level pokes that don't take as long i just circle the area by the Route 117 daycare instead. Just depends on what poke i'm breeding at the time.

KillerTyphlosion

Champion
    Years
  • Well eevee takes 8960 steps to hatch. With magma armor or flame body it halves that so that makes it 4480 steps and with hatching O-power lv-3 it halves that so making it 2240 steps for each eevee as long as your O-power is active. Eevee is one of those pokémon that has a very high step count. The highest is 10280. The majority of the pokemon is at 5140 and magikarp has the lowest with a step count of 1285.

bill flibby

Chase is my favorite
    Years
  • I run into the problem of having all or most of my eggs hatch before there are more eggs available to be collected more than the problem of having to wait around too long for the eggs to hatch. Although, I don't breed for IVs (usually), I breed for shinies. Guess I've just numbed myself to the pain of waiting for breeding Pokemon. Before I completed my living dex and got the shiny charm it took absolute ages for me to run into shinies, so I'd be breeding for weeks just to get a single shiny. I usually listen to music or do homework in the meantime.

bluestars83

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 6, 2016
    I'm still working toward completing the national dex for my shiny charm. Just a few legendaries holding me back from that. I get that problem too, iv had like three hatch before the fourth egg had shown up. was a tad annoying but oh well, lol.

bill flibby

Chase is my favorite
    Years
  • I'm still working toward completing the national dex for my shiny charm. Just a few legendaries holding me back from that. I get that problem too, iv had like three hatch before the fourth egg had shown up. was a tad annoying but oh well, lol.

Yeah, it became quite a bit of a struggle toward the end. I ended up just trading legendaries I had for other legendaries just to complete the dex. I went back and got the ones I traded afterward. Keep going, though, you'll get there soon!

Back