• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ego Emblems

Jack O'Neill

Banned
Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    So, if you were a member of staff, what would your ego emblem be? Additionally, whether you're a staff member or not, what is the story behind your emblem?
    In previous iterations of this topic, I've jokingly said that my ego emblem would be something along the lines of this:

Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger
    [insert appropriate-sized image of nuclear mushroom cloud here]
    Description: You like war. No, friend, YOU LOVE WAR!

To be honest, though, I simply wouldn't bother with an ego emblem to begin with. I'm not too fond of emblems in general anyway.

Which ego emblems have you received?
    None, and I'd like to keep it that way.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • HflVB-1.png

Megan's Lucky Star
    Shine bright, good friend. You are considered one of the luckiest stars for a certain Meganium. :3 Keep on shining!

^Yep, that's my ego emblem. I wasn't the one that came up with the image though, but I did came up with the description. I was listening to Katy Perry's "ET", and the words "You're my lucky star" came on, and that's where the whole "Lucky Star" thing was born. I tend to give it out sometimes, but only those that are really good friends of mine, and for the most amazing people.

As for receiving ego emblems, sadly I don't have any.

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    312g2vp.png

IT'S A SIIIIIGN
    A certain Fangirl has accepted you to have Red at your profile. It has to be one, right?

I suppose that the description doesn't really quite make sense for those who have met me after my whole Red reign, but once upon a time the only theme I would have would be Red, and I was completely obsessed. He's still there today though, and this is kind of my way of showing it I guess? I don't quite remember how many people who I have given this out to, but for the most part it's to reaally close friends, or perhaps someone who has done something awesome for me. I suppose these days if I were to give it to anyone, they would have to be really close friends of mine and would know how much I love Red (which I don't speak about very often, so *hinthint* the first thing one would have to do is bring up Pokemon Special, haha~)

The title was due to the fact that I would say 'IT'S A SIIIIIIIIGN' to things in which I think is a sign is signal to something. With the description, I thought it would be appropriate. Although, the description was made after the title, soooo.

As for Ego emblems I have Forever's, Miss Doronjo's, Netto's, Ana's, aaand Fabio's.

Years
  • MyEgo.jpg

Pyramid Head's Approval
    Pyramid Head doesn't hate you. But he doesn't like you. At least you are still alive... For now...

This one be mine. It is pretty easy to see the connection with this one! :3

As to what Ego emblems I have, I can't remember and still half asleep to look, but I have a couple! :3
    I think Sydian's was the first one that I got.

Truality

Left for good
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2013
    1zpo7cy.png

Free of ropes
    You've managed to escape the two-leggeds' tribulations, but there's more to come. Spirits such as yours can't be broken easily.

I guess that'd be mine, if I were to...you know.

I don't have any ego emblems, and to be frank, I didn't know what they were called and why they were given out until I saw this thread.

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • I have no "Ego" emblems. Why that is, I don't know; but I don't particularly care.

Of course, as for an ego emblem...I probably wouldn't have one...what's the use if you haven't gotten any yourself? XD

Years
  • So, if you were a member of staff, what would your ego emblem be?

We don't sniff the sub-etheric resonator
    2Bnoi.png

You're an odd person. Let's just hope we don't need to get the mind probe out.

Additionally, whether you're a staff member or not, what is he story behind your emblem?
    Who wouldn't want Ianto Jones as their ego emblem? :3

Which Ego Emblems have you received?
    I only have Megan's ego emblem because i tend to not speak to the staff that much.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
  • ruinmode.png

/Ruin Mode
    Isn't it amazing?! The texture! The nostalgia! The ancient, moldy scent of the crazy person who gave this to you! Ooooh... the texture!! I can't get enough of it!!

This was mine when I was still a moderator; basically, when I give this to someone, its because they are really, really awesome, or just close friends!
    Or really really crazy; take your pick!

Ego Emblems, I have: Hiiro's, Patchisou Yutohru's, Luke's, BinaryPeaches's, aaaaand Alternative's.

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
    Years
  • internetw.gif

You won the Internet!

C0ngr47u147i0n5! Y0ur 3ff0r75 70 b3c0m3 7h3 c001357 guy 0n 7h3 in73rn37 h45 fin411y c0m3 70 frui7i0n!!! Enj0y y0ur fr33 in73rn37! (l33t translator ftw.)

Ayselipera

So, if you were a member of staff, what would your ego emblem be? [Image and Description]

Too lazy to find an image just imagine it.
    "You're just my cup of tea!"

Additionally, whether you're a staff member or not, what is he story behind your emblem?

It captures me perfectly because I love tea and it's something really corny I would say in real life if I had the opportunity.

lolololololol none.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years

Paybacktime.png

Congrats, you survived Limbo. You're badassery personified now!
    ..not without Dante's help, though. But yeah, after that ordeal, Dante considers you a pal.

..uhh, seriously, it'd probably something on the lines of the one above. I'd put more thought and more effort into it if I were to make a real one, of course, but this one gives a basic idea. I mean, I'm obsessed with Dante and you're sure to get an emblem which has him in it if it has been made by me. >:D Only for people I'd consider 'Dante's pals'! >:U

Hmm, I've got TwilightBlade's, Forever's, Anastasia.R's and Alternative's. Idk if 'Netto's Netnavi' count.. XD;

assassinjay1229

Im baaaack
    Years

Welcome to the Brotherhood

AssassinsCreed_DiscipleOfTheCreed.jpg

The Assassin has taken you under his wing, don't squander this opportunity!

Well since my username (for almost everything) assassinjay1229 is inspired by the Assassin's Creed games (one of my favorite series of games), I'd probably give it out in mass on my birthday 12/29 (the other part of my username)

None yet :( but I hope to get some soon :D

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I really don't like these "ego emblems" it's just a highlight of everything that is wrong with the emblem system. Aren't emblems supposed to be for people who have done something to EARN them? These emblems are nothing more than "oh you're friends with staff so have a medal" it's just a horrible reflection on the emblem system, and the community as a whole.

"if you aren't friends with staff, you're not notable" what an incredibly silly thing. I would never take part in it, I don't need to give somebody a stupid emblem to show them that they are special to me. I will just tell them personally that I love them.

Years
  • What are ego emblems? JK XD Hmm, I've none and I'm not particularly bothered about getting emblems(I just take them as a little souvenirs that one can collect but I'm not hard-bent on them xD). If I would have one, I'd probably base it on my username aka birthstone 'diamond', or perhaps some crazy thought on that random spur of the moment. XD

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Sep 12, 2023
    So, if you were a member of staff, what would your ego emblem be?

What have we here?
    73657f1845578f602faa24e.jpg

Chibiterasu saw you. But is it good or bad? I can't tell.
    *Fun fact=I drew that picture*

I am in love with Okami... Though I haven't played Okamiden (The picture was drawn before Okamiden was announced.... it's supposed to be Ammy really... XD) And I am kinda small so it would be Chibi. XD

Sydian's Feature Majorette, Live's Suspiciously Stunning and TwilightBlade's Warm and Fuzzy.

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023
    I really don't like these "ego emblems" it's just a highlight of everything that is wrong with the emblem system. Aren't emblems supposed to be for people who have done something to EARN them? These emblems are nothing more than "oh you're friends with staff so have a medal" it's just a horrible reflection on the emblem system, and the community as a whole.

"if you aren't friends with staff, you're not notable" what an incredibly silly thing. I would never take part in it, I don't need to give somebody a stupid emblem to show them that they are special to me. I will just tell them personally that I love them.
    I have to agree, in many respects, but, I don' think emblems were ever serious. I don't count them as rewards usually, or I believe there's a level of humour through to a level of reward for each of them. Like the No emblem isn't something rewarding, and it's just as easily earned as an ego emblem imo. But then there's actual rewarding emblems to get such as winning Poem of the Week or Icon of the Week or even things like winning events at the Get Together's. I don't think there's anything fundamentally "wrong" with the emblem system when it hasn't been something people take seriously for a long time. I'd be more willing to point fingers at the staff members who use them. Which leads me into my next point.

I prefer the ego emblems which are more based on decent posting than friendship or whatever the case may be. While I wouldn't object to either, I think some ego emblems have more of an element of reward to them. I never wanted one, and still wouldn't, but if I ever did make one it would be for those who I deem to work hard for their sections and who post well. I wouldn't be inclined to give one to my friends for the sake of it. I'd rather give some members a pat on the back, and I'd like to say why too, when handing it out. So possibly an additional follow up PM. This would work like the Helping Hand emblem, just a little more personal and with additional reasoning I suppose. But yeah, I don't think they're such a negative thing really, it's a bit of fun. Perhaps I'm bias.

I have a couple. Parallelzero's hate emblem, emblems belonging to Patchisou Yutohru, Went, Hiiro, Sydian, Chibi Chan, Manipulation, Forever (I made the icon for that one actually haha), Rukario, Luke, Mr. CatDog, Netto Azure, LiveWire, Anastasia R and Captain Fabio. So 15 altogether. I've been good friends with most of these guys, a few of them don't know me that well, one of them I've never had a real conversation with, and some of them I've just worked with on projects and we've had a good time doing them.

Back