• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Elder Scrolls 6

Years
  • Now Fallout 4 has been out for about half a year, and Skyrim for about four and a half years, Elder Scrolls fans are waiting expectantly for news on the next installment to the series from Bethesda. In the mean time we can only speculate so what do you guys want from Elder Scrolls 6? Where in Tamriel would you like it to be set and what would you like the story to be about?

Discuss :)

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
  • Black Marsh is a must.

I know this is asking for too much, but it'd be nice to be able to play as different types of argonian. Especially sarpa, because wings. Even if you can only glide or something.

Years
  • Black Marsh is a must.

I know this is asking for too much, but it'd be nice to be able to play as different types of argonian. Especially sarpa, because wings. Even if you can only glide or something.

Black Marsh would be amazing, flying/gliding through the forests would be special with the graphics of the current generation consoles. This province also looked amazing in ESO so hopefully Bethesda improve on it even more should they choose it as the setting.

Sir Codin

Ever since Fallout 4, I'm convinced that the next ES title would have absolutely no RPG elements left, so they could set it anywhere and it won't change my thoughts on not buying it.

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
  • Ever since Fallout 4, I'm convinced that the next ES title would have absolutely no RPG elements left, so they could set it anywhere and it won't change my thoughts on not buying it.

You wouldn't consider it regardless, though.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Ever since Fallout 4, I'm convinced that the next ES title would have absolutely no RPG elements left, so they could set it anywhere and it won't change my thoughts on not buying it.
    I doubt it, if only because I don't think that ES has solid enough combat mechanics that it could stand on its own as an action game.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now
    Aw when I saw this thread I was hoping that ES 6 was announced =(
    though it'd probably come out for PS4+Xbone+PC and I don't have those really

But where have we been so far? We've been to Cyrodiil, Hammerfell, Skyrim, Morrowind....I know I am forgetting somewhere
    Let's go to a province we haven't been to before.

There's also the question of when it should take place

Sir Codin

I doubt it, if only because I don't think that ES has solid enough combat mechanics that it could stand on its own as an action game.
    Fallout 4 had nothing but shooting shooting 4-dialogue options with minor prompts shooting shooting, a main quest that just didn't fit into an open-world sandbox game considering how hasty a "find your infant son" plot happens to be (and yes, I know what happens later), and even more shooting. Yet look how much it sold.

I honestly liked settlement building the most in Fallout 4 because it was one of the few instances where I didn't feel like the game was railroading me into being into being John Rambo or Mother of the Year (yes, I picked female, because 1: the intro felt like it wanted you to pick the dude and 2: I felt female Sole Survivor was better acted). If I wanted to do nothing but shoot things to complete the game, I'd play DOOM. Which I did, by the way, and so far I liked it because it was actually being what it was being marketed as.

But then again, DOOM 4 was actually developed by the studio that created the IP (id Software).

But, let's assume for a minute that I'm being too cynical, give Bethesda the benefit of the doubt, and they actually learned from the pitfalls they made:

I'd say I'd want ES 6 to be in Elswyr. The Khajit need more love.

But I don't think BethSoftworks will learn from their mistakes because I'm obviously an RPGCodex troll. I love being smug and stuck-up, I love making 24-paragraph tangents about how much Real-Time-With-Pause sucks, I appreciate dark and cynical roleplaying games where life sucks for everyone and none of it will ever get better, I have tremendously high standards because everything has to be perfect or else it's not worth my money and this makes me a hypocrite because in the same breath I'll also call Arcanum an "under-appreciated gem," I refuse to give praise to highly advertised games...or just in general; I refuse to give praise to games in general because if I did I would get crucified on 4chan's /v/-board and it's super important to stay on the good side of THOSE people....so yeah.

What was I talking about?

Last edited:

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
  • I am not looking forward to the next ES right now actually and it's because of the past few games. They have shown bethesda is only caring about a few things in a game. Action, mods, and DLC plan. At this rate I bet the next ES wouldn't even have dialog options, just cutscenes.

If they were to make an actual RPG based elderscrolls, I'd hope for Elswyr, as I play Khajiit 99% of the time, or Blackmarsh as I have one Argonian character that takes up the other 1% of my species choice. I dislike playing humens. So booooring.

Arsenic

Years
  • "Are you working on Elder Scrolls 6?"

"Yes, of course we are, but it's a very long ways off..." - Todd Howard

Is this so hard GabeN? IS IT?!

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • What makes things interesting about ES6 is that we now have the possibility of having the next console generation coming next year, which means that ES could have skipped a generation completely (not counting Skyrim remaster of course). Having an ES game launch a new console would certain make day 1 sales skyrocket, but would such a thing happen?

Aether

Preparing Emergency Food
    Years
  • Fallout 4 had nothing but shooting shooting 4-dialogue options with minor prompts shooting shooting, a main quest that just didn't fit into an open-world sandbox game considering how hasty a "find your infant son" plot happens to be (and yes, I know what happens later), and even more shooting. Yet look how much it sold.

I honestly liked settlement building the most in Fallout 4 because it was one of the few instances where I didn't feel like the game was railroading me into being into being John Rambo or Mother of the Year (yes, I picked female, because 1: the intro felt like it wanted you to pick the dude and 2: I felt female Sole Survivor was better acted). If I wanted to do nothing but shoot things to complete the game, I'd play DOOM. Which I did, by the way, and so far I liked it because it was actually being what it was being marketed as.

But then again, DOOM 4 was actually developed by the studio that created the IP (id Software).

But, let's assume for a minute that I'm being too cynical, give Bethesda the benefit of the doubt, and they actually learned from the pitfalls they made:

I'd say I'd want ES 6 to be in Elswyr. The Khajit need more love.

But I don't think BethSoftworks will learn from their mistakes because I'm obviously an RPGCodex troll. I love being smug and stuck-up, I love making 24-paragraph tangents about how much Real-Time-With-Pause sucks, I appreciate dark and cynical roleplaying games where life sucks for everyone and none of it will ever get better, I have tremendously high standards because everything has to be perfect or else it's not worth my money and this makes me a hypocrite because in the same breath I'll also call Arcanum an "under-appreciated gem," I refuse to give praise to highly advertised games...or just in general; I refuse to give praise to games in general because if I did I would get crucified on 4chan's /v/-board and it's super important to stay on the good side of THOSE people....so yeah.

What was I talking about?

My greatest fear is that ES6 will go farther in Fallout 4's direction and have full voice acting for the protag and a dialogue wheel, which will only further dumb down interactions and thus the writing/story at large.

The funny thing is that Bethesda does put in some sort of effort to make life suck for everyone. In Skyrim there's the Stormcloak/Imperial civil war and every town having some sort of life-endangering local problem, like a haunted ruin or a vampire sneaking around. The problem is all of the world's characters are so wooden it's difficult to care. Take Markarth for instance, where a lot of the common folk are bemoaning the Silverblood family and the fact they're huge meanies. So you go up to the Jarl's estate and sure enough there's a Silverblood guy cozying up to the politicians while barking "the Silverblood family WILL be heard!" to your face, confirming to you the player that they're indeed saturday morning cartoon jerks with no real nuance to be explored.

I worry that Elder Scrolls 6 will be the same, which is a shame because Tamriel has such rich and interesting lore. The sheer amount of text to read in all of the books you can find in the world is a beautiful aspect of this series.

Oh and I wouldn't worry too much about /v/. They hate video games in general anyway.

Arsenic

Years
  • What makes things interesting about ES6 is that we now have the possibility of having the next console generation coming next year, which means that ES could have skipped a generation completely (not counting Skyrim remaster of course). Having an ES game launch a new console would certain make day 1 sales skyrocket, but would such a thing happen?

I wouldn't say a new generation... maybe upgrade is a better word. It's like comparing my friend's and my PCs.. sure I can run the games with much fancier graphics, but that's about the limit as my specs are not standard yet so devs aren't taking advantage of my power feature wise.

Likewise I think this will most likely just be an enthusiast console and not be the standard specs that are developed for..... at least for now.

Either way I'm sure ES6 will be a big seller, though I believe Beth said they are developing two other games first so that new console will already be long outed when es6 releases.

Flower

✿ flower keeper ✿
    Years
  • I would love to see Elder Scrolls 6 set in Elsweyr.
    Since the Khajiit of Elsweyr have different body types depending on the moon phases of Nirn's moons (there's more on the Elder Scrolls wiki Khajiit page and it explains all their body types/sub-categories of the main four, etc. etc.), I personally think it'd be super cool to go into Elsweyr seeing.... all kinds of different cats, pretty much hehe. Plus the Mane I find pretty funny and cool, I would looove to see backstory on the Mane and the kinds of Khajiit, their religion and all. Would make for a reaaally cool game. *_*!

I personally hope it doesn't take a style similar to Fallout 4's, rather follow in the footsteps of Skyrim. ;v;'

Back