• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Election Day

Have you voted today?

• Yes

Votes: 16 20.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • I'm not old enough

Votes: 42 54.5%
  • I'm not registered

Votes: 16 20.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jasonresno

[fight through it]
Years
  • This was the first election I've voted in and I voted Obama. He's just the man for the job and there is an aura around him you can't deny. His speech last night was incredible.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    That wasn't supposed to be directly at him. XD He has far better thing to do than check out a Pokemon forum. Poor choice of words on my part I suppose.

Oh which I see nothing with. As long as they weren't focal parts of his platform. And what I said was directed at both candidates. It was not out of spite or anything for Obama. Had McCain won, he would have to raise taxes in order to get anything done.

I am thrilled that Obama won.

Of course every politician lies. It wouldn't be politics if they were honest. All I'm saying is that people paint a picture of Obama being a hero, untouchable by the media and an all round nice guy. Yet people make out McCain to be some sort of scoundrel.

jasonresno

[fight through it]
    Years
  • I've NEVER seen Mccain portrayed as a scoundrel and I've NEVER seen Obama portrayed as untouchable.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • Of course every politician lies. It wouldn't be politics if they were honest. All I'm saying is that people paint a picture of Obama being a hero, untouchable by the media and an all round nice guy. Yet people make out McCain to be some sort of scoundrel.
    I don't know about untouchable, but yeah the media favoured Obama. I don't think they had a problem with McCain (save for FOX at the beginning of all of this) so much as they did Palin.

Both are decent, honourable, and bright people.

This was the first election I've voted in and I voted Obama. He's just the man for the job and there is an aura around him you can't deny. His speech last night was incredible.
    He's given far better speeches in terms of entertainment value or personality that he portrayed. So, in that aspect I like McCain's speech. Disliked his crowed, but liked his speech. XD However...

Obama seemed...different. Biden was all smiles and then you look at Obama and he seemed very sombre. I think there's two things at play. First, he lost his grandmother (who had raised him) only the day before and second...he's smart. And he has my respect for that. For all the people who, figuratively speaking, are dancing in the streets at the downfall of Bush and expecting change to come over night - Obama could've easily jumped on board that boat and have a party. It could've easily been like the convention. What Obama conveyed in his speech is that he understands the magnitude of what the people of America have appointed to do. The difficulty involved. The importance in doing so.

It was a great speech. Not his best. But certainly far different from what you would expect for having just been elected President.

Angela

Aristocracy
    Years
  • I don't know about untouchable, but yeah the media favoured Obama. I don't think they had a problem with McCain (save for FOX at the beginning of all of this) so much as they did Palin.

Both are decent, honourable, and bright people.

He's given far better speeches in terms of entertainment value or personality that he portrayed. So, in that aspect I like McCain's speech. Disliked his crowed, but liked his speech. XD However...

Obama seemed...different. Biden was all smiles and then you look at Obama and he seemed very sombre. I think there's two things at play. First, he lost his grandmother (who had raised him) only the day before and second...he's smart. And he has my respect for that. For all the people who, figuratively speaking, are dancing in the streets at the downfall of Bush and expecting change to come over night - Obama could've easily jumped on board that boat and have a party. It could've easily been like the convention. What Obama conveyed in his speech is that he understands the magnitude of what the people of America have appointed to do. The difficulty involved. The importance in doing so.

It was a great speech. Not his best. But certainly far different from what you would expect for having just been elected President.
    They talk about him like that because they wanted him to win;), + if a news station doesn't give the public what they want there ratings will go down;)

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    They talk about him like that because they wanted him to win;), + if a news station doesn't give the public what they want there ratings will go down;)

I wouldn't be so sure of that. News stations give out bad news, though it's their job to do so, to the public everyday and that's certainly not what I want and I can say the same for many others.

Ageless Irony

MANIC SPAMMER
    Years
  • I'm a resident of chicago, and I was there for the speech, and I can't even explain the incredible feeling of magic in the air.
    From where I was(Decently close to the stage) you could see it in his eyes that he was very emotional, but as Obma always does, he kept his cool.
    That's the kind of guy he is...I like it.

But yeah...Being there made it so much different...It's like, I feel like I felt something more than I would feel if I had watched it on TV...

Angela

Aristocracy
    Years
  • I'm a resident of chicago, and I was there for the speech, and I can't even explain the incredible feeling of magic in the air.
    From where I was(Decently close to the stage) you could see it in his eyes that he was very emotional, but as Obma always does, he kept his cool.
    That's the kind of guy he is...I like it.

But yeah...Being there made it so much different...It's like, I feel like I felt something more than I would feel if I had watched it on TV...
    OMG you were there:D I am so jealous of you:D

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Yeah I saw his speech on tv. And everyone was so emotional, but I know deep down everyone was relieved. Finally we got someone who will get the job done. I know it will take time and he won't get to do most of the stuff he promised, but it is so much better than nothing! =D Obama, Obama! YAY!

Back