• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Election Day

Have you voted today?

• Yes

Votes: 16 20.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • I'm not old enough

Votes: 42 54.5%
  • I'm not registered

Votes: 16 20.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Her

Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2024
    I reckon it won't be too long before Obama gets shot. I'm not being racist, but no one can say it won't happen.
    I had a thought about this too, Martin Luther King all over again?

Amachi, be negative in a week or so, let him have his day. :]

Lash

Years
    I was all 'what HELL YEAH' when I heard this, 100% for Obama :D

Though, McCain's speech/conceding whatever has never made me feel more proud to be an American.

Other than that, it's a good thing he won, the US srsly needs change.

I reckon it won't be too long before Obama gets shot. I'm not being racist, but no one can say it won't happen.

That's why some kid in my 3rd hour wanted Obama to win, just to see him get shot D: messed or what?

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    Good job, Barack. You've earned it.

McCain's speech was so sad. I hope he is still going to be in the senate though.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years

Let's look at the bright side: If he does die, Biden will be president and not Palin. As long as you can keep Palin away from the white house, I'm happy.

Emii

I'll Keep Orbiting For You★
    Years
    jeez, they announced that before the popular vote was tallied and before Alaska and Hawaii were even done.. in a hurry much? XD

Originally Posted by Amachi

Yeah, I was thinking that too. racism has gone down ALOT, but there are still those certain people who can't get over stuff.. ><;

anyways, I'm off to live in Canada in about 2 years when I'm done with college, so I won't really have to worry much about presidential stuff ^_^

Zet

Years
    But my main issue is the economy. Both McCain and Obama say they are going to help bring the economy back. My question is... HOW?!! They didn't say nothing. All they did is talk, talk, talk.

McCain can't bring the economy back if he wanted to continue the war and Obama could can help the economy if he spends as much money as he did with advertising to help xD

Her

Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2024
    anyways, I'm off to live in Canada in about 2 years when I'm done with college, so I won't really have to worry much about presidential stuff ^_^
    Obama isn't even officialy the president, and he's already been owned.

Cacttus

Sigh
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2016
    Wait a second someone change the thread name we're way off topic now.

America needed a change now it's come.Think positive everyone.

Low Gas prices
    No War
    Better Economy

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    I also just realized we're horribly off-topic. Me and the family are having a small celebration over the election even though it's pretty late. It feels like New Years over here.

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Let's look at the bright side: If he does die, Biden will be president and not Palin. As long as you can keep Palin away from the white house, I'm happy.
    I like how you can see the bright side of someone being killed, haha.
    Yeah, I was thinking that too. racism has gone down ALOT, but there are still those certain people who can't get over stuff.. ><;

Election Day

:P

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    Just a question, since I haven't heard anything on it.

Does anyone know if Proposition 8 (a California-only proposition to make gay marriage legal or illegal) passed?

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    It's probably going to be a while until all the votes from California have been fully counted. Regardless, I haven't heard anything about it yet either. :|

ALSO I thought McCain's speech was wonderful. Shame on the people he had to shush for booing though; how disrespectful to both Obama AND McCain.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    I'm just curious, as my homosexual friend has been posting depressing things on his Myspace and they're ambiguous also, so I don't really know what he's sad about and I don't feel like asking him. XD;

I wasn't for Obama at all in this election and I am quite sad that McCain lost, but I'm gunna go ahead and just hope that Obama will perform as well as the majority of the country thinks so. I don't wish ill on the country or want him dead, so all I can do is hope he does well and lives up to the standards of every one that voted for him. :D

EDIT: That's what I wonder. Popular vote is so much better. Not many people understand the electoral college/votes and it's actually a horrible system.

Emii

I'll Keep Orbiting For You★
    Years
    I wasn't for Obama at all in this election and I am quite sad that McCain lost, but I'm gunna go ahead and just hope that Obama will perform as well as the majority of the country thinks so. I don't wish ill on the country or want him dead, so all I can do is hope he does well and lives up to the standards of every one that voted for him. :D

EDIT: That's what I wonder. Popular vote is so much better. Not many people understand the electoral college/votes and it's actually a horrible system.

Yeah, popular vote makes so much more since IMO, and represents what most people chose alot better.. and I wasn't really for Obama 100% either, but I just hope he doesn't get shot. that would be horrible.. and I hope he lives up to his expectations as a good man and president ^_^

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    Electoral college is cheap and ridiculous. Basically, you've got a representative for your county/district or something and that person can either:

-vote with the people of his district
    -vote against the wishes of the people
    -or give a completely stupid vote with no relevance to the election

It's stupid, but that's how it works. If there's 10 electoral votes, 4 votes for McCain and 4 for Obama and an electorate doesn't agree with his district's opinion, he can vote for "Ronald McDonald", while the other one, whose district voted for Obama, votes for McCain, then McCain will get that state and all of the electoral votes.

And then there's Maine and Nebraska which don't use the winner-take-all system and basically, if Obama wins the state, he gets two votes and McCain gets the other one (Maine). I think Nebraska does it 3/2, but I'm not sure.

Samurai X

La Dolce Vita
    Years
    I'm just curious, as my homosexual friend has been posting depressing things on his Myspace and they're ambiguous also, so I don't really know what he's sad about and I don't feel like asking him. XD;

Proposition 8 is so far being passed in California by a measure of 54-46. Though the lead has been slowly declining and the counties that are left have a lot of homosexual supporters.

Back