• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) Discussion Thread

Years
  • So now everyone has let some of those sink in, what were people favourite and most disappointing moments?

Watch Dog has got to be a high for me; that came out of no where.​

Years
  • I think
    - Watch Dogs
    - Beyond
    - The Last of Us
    took the cake.

God of War seemed pretty good, and so did Farcry 3, but they didn't seem as good as those three. ACIII's ship battle system did look good as well.

Years
  • I really loved how dark Farcry 3 looked. It was so different and just seems to be an awesome change of direction, which I can't wait for.​

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Nintendo's E3 conference was much better than the other few, seeing as it's a bit... hilarious. xD Oh, and my wallet is now officially weeping. Or my bank account.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • Watch Dogs and Assassin's Creed 3 look just freakin' amazing. More so the former than the latter, imo. AC3 is awesome but what I saw in WD was nothing short of amazing. I was mesmerized for a second or two. >_<' Loved it especially when he hacked those traffic lights and all those cars came crashing into each other. :DDD

Apart from that, another high for me was the new DmC trailer. That trailer kicked SO much arse omg. It looked terrific. That bald imposing guy as Mundus looks really well. And Dante's "**** you" uppercut was an awesome moment too. :D Tomb Raider's gameplay. Loving it. <3; Beyond's facial expressions were astounding. As expected from the ones behind the Kara demo.

Years
  • Personally, Nintendo's was poor, very poor.

Overall ratings:

Microsoft: D+
    EA: C
    Ubisoft: B+
    Sony: B
    Nintendo: D

Who would have thought Ubisoft would come out with the overall win. Was all those dancing girls the awesome games they had.​

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • Yeah, I have to agree. I don't know, I was expecting more big releases, and there was very little that really interested me. i mean, the most exciting for me was Pikmin 3 & Lugii's Mansion 2/ Dark Moon, and we knew those were coming anyway. :x I guess I was just hoping for the new Smash Bros or mention of a new TLoZ. :\

Legendary Silke

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Personally, Nintendo's was poor, very poor.

Overall ratings:

Who would have thought Ubisoft would come out with the overall win. Was all those dancing girls the awesome games they had.​

'fraid that it's probably something shared with the Internet population in general this time around, huh?

Also, Nintendo's official stream has something with Iwata... um, seems like there's a bit of extra stuff in their site for now.

Edit: And finally, I think there is one more software reel for tomorrow, no?

Last edited:
    Years
  • It isn't really extra stuff I don't think, just going over the stuff they said at the actual show.

Either way, what were peoples highlights of the show?

Watchdogs and Farcry 3 for me!​

Legendary Silke

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    It isn't really extra stuff I don't think, just going over the stuff they said at the actual show.

Either way, what were peoples highlights of the show?

Watchdogs and Farcry 3 for me!​

Well, at least we have this banana picture:

RfBIB.png

And something Platinum Games.

Cid

Years
  • Personally, Nintendo's was poor, very poor.

Overall ratings:

Agreed. I'm surprised, Ubisoft wins this year. I mean, Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo were all pretty disappointing. I think it's probably just me with Sony but I didn't like theirs that much, although I loved Beyond: Two Souls a lot. Main highlight with Nintendo would be Pikmin 3, and then it all went downhill from there. :<

Agreeing with Derozio, DmC looked pretty cool. :D

As for highlights, I'd pick Watch Dogs and Assassin's Creed 3. Beyond: Two Souls was really good, too.

NatureKeeper

EDIT 2: Actually, the whole thing is more or less a rant. Now that I examined Nintendo 2012 E3 as titles previewed and info announced rather than the presentation, I am re-hyped for the Wii U. And Nintendo Land isn't that bad, to be frank. It's just they presented the wrong things.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

rndm.

Mostly inactive D:
    Years
  • What the HELL was wrong with them?

To start with, Nintendo Land, of course. That puerile, imbecilic, asinine, ludicrous, moronic excuse for a video game! Nintendo, do not "address Hardcore Gamers" with this sack of horse crap! And nobody gave a damn about that maze and its vibrating Wiimotes! You. Should. Spend. Your. Money. On. Developing. Better. Games! WHERE IS MARIO KARTU!? WHERE IS IT!? I AM SURE IT WOULD'VE GOT YOU BETTER ACCLAIM THAN THAT INANE THEME PARK!

...*sigh* But some software wasn't disappointing, like New Super Mario Bros. U, ZombiU and Batman: Arkham City Armored Edition. I hope the software show tomorrow is better.

EDIT: And, to top it off, they haven't updated the eShop yet.[/B]

Seconding this, pretty much. For the whole show I just waited for them to announce epic first party titles at the end, mainly Zelda and Metroid. (Because the "miiverse" images of them were such a tease! AHHHH) But no, I end up with this... horse crap. Well, at least they had a bunch of Mario titles... which I'm not excited about at all. ._. (aside from Paper Mario, yay ^^)

Well, Assasin's creed and Darksiders is cool, i guess... The Wii U totally is different than the wii: Third party shines, first party fails. -.-

Last edited:

Legendary Silke

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    I'll reserve total judgement until tomorrow's software showcase is done.

Notice how the juicy stuff always come out after the actual conference for Nintendo these days?

User19sq

You guys gotta remember something. Nintendo didn't plan on addressing hardcore gamers this year. They repeatedly stated that their target was to create ways of unifying the household family, which obviously explains games like NintendoLand and New Super Mario Bros. U. (Which aren't really that bad, per se.)

Besides, they still got that little conference coming up later on, which probably holds new titles for upcoming games. Just be patient.

EDIT: I just realized that there is no sign of Valve being at E3. Is it bad that I'm not surprised?

Years
  • Woot! Nintendo won another E3. I am pumped for the WiiU. So buying as soon as I can. Wish they gave a price tbh. I'm guessing 350 which is very cheap tbh.

Back