• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Elemental Monkeys

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2011
    I used my Simisage all the way through N's castle and he did awesome. But, I replaced him with a Alakazam after I beat the game

Years
  • Tew beh honest, I nevur cared fer the Monkeys since they were useless, plus I'm not a fan of pures. (unless zey were appealing)

I did use Panpear fer the furst Gym that's thats it. I just liek'd how Simasage reminded meh of Elvis

Last edited:

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
  • i never really liked the designs for the evos of the monkeys.

simisage is the only one who actually looks cool. the others are just...meh.
    Agreed.

Now, it's not like the Monkey trio are _absolutely_ useless. >_>
    They do... have nice stats... and... good movepools... and... can be of... good... use... if... you do... it... right... ghh...

That was difficult to say. D:

Nelauk

shmowzow
    Years

• Agreed.

Now, it's not like the Monkey trio are _absolutely_ useless. >_>
    They do... have nice stats... and... good movepools... and... can be of... good... use... if... you do... it... right... ghh...

That was difficult to say. D:
    well, that's true. my simipour can kill a rock type or ice type or steel type or fire type with no problem.

his moves are waterfall, surf, rock smash, and dig.

shinyabsol1

Pokemon DarkJasper!?
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2022
    I taught my monkey cut, used it once or twice, then dumped it in the pc where it has been ever since.

rstevenson1976

The Eevee-Loution Master
    Years
  • Well i got Pansage then levelled it up.... and evolved it -_-.... It learned no good moods like seed bomb etc. I was stuck with vine whip. I used him in the Elite 4 then dumped him in my PC.

pansage does learn seed bomb, makes it a powerhouse in it's own right.
    semisage doesn't learn anything useful. you evolved it too soon

hiff8

Gotta Derp em all
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2015
    pansage does learn seed bomb, makes it a powerhouse in it's own right.
    semisage doesn't learn anything useful. you evolved it too soon

well semisage learns seedbomb too when it evolves but crunch and acrobatics are definitely worth it...

Cid

Years
  • The monkeys aren't really terrible or useless. I used my Panpour until the fifth or sixth Gym, when I backtracked to Route 4 and tested Drilbur's Sand Rush ability, and caught a Frillish. I guess I just thought its typing was better. Still, it was fun to use my Panpour, because its Lick actually helped me catch some of my other Pokemon due to its low base power and chance of paralysis. I loved saying Panpour's name, too (so that's why I didn't evolve it)! It reminded me of how I once annoyed my brother for saying Phanpy's name all the time. :3

Still, at least it's neat how GameFreak tries to help give us a way to beat the first gym a bit easily. At least the addition with the three isn't too bad to say they are totally useless.

This. And not only the first gym, but also for the early Cheren matches. I loved how useful Panpour was at those times.

Dotz

Acro Bike User
    Years
    • Seen Jun 3, 2011
    I evolved my pansage the moment i got to castelia and got the stone. =P Used heart scales and tm(s) to teach it moves~ It's a pretty good grass type, i'd say, but i'm sticking with my leafeon. ^^

Last edited:

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
    Years
  • In White, I kept using my Panpour until before the 4th gym, at which point I switched to Palpitoad, which soon after, evolved into Seismitoad. I kept Seismitoad ever since.

smithtism

Blank
    Years
  • I didn't really use my elemental monkey, even against the first gym leader. It took forever to level up to lvl 10 and it was only as strong as my lvl 9 Purrloin, so I boxed it. = /

Audihertz

MATHEMATICAL
    Years
  • Muu.... I put my Panpour into the daycare after the first gym battle and then forgot about him until the other day... gained a good 40 levels or so;;

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
  • I never really like the elemental monkeys designs to be honest. To me they were just another lot of gimmick Pokemon like Plusle or Minum except worse. I just deposited mine in the box after I received it in my Pokemon Black and White. I only took them out to evolve them.

Lolfacer

Elite 4, it is so close!
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2011
    Personally I think they are quite weak until they evolve by the time they look horrible!
    Ignoring how they look the 2nd evolutions are quite strong.
    But after the first gym I boxed it for Lilipup who is now a Stoutland.

Last edited:
    Back