• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Elite 4/5 in D/P

God Of Water

Pokemon Master Of Water
    Years
    But in Emerald,In the Battle Frontier there`s some kind of tournament.
    And I think the elite 4 is really annoying.Maybe you would have to get into the top 5 to verse them.

Datriot

Tachikama!!!
    Years
    a tournement wuld be awesome! where in the qualifying you have to do battles and different terrains just like the anime, and there is a crowd! That would be cool!

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Hmm...I don't know. One of the main ways to legitimately raise pokemon is to run through the Elite Four with the pokemon to raise holding an EXP. Share and using LV 100s to speed through...If there was a tournament or something like that, this would go out the window. However, I would like for one/two/three/all of four things to happen:

1. Elite Four's pokemon go up in level each time you beat them until they rise to level 100

2. When you beat Elite Four and the Champ, you never have to defeat the champion again (HEY, that's MY title!!)

3. When one of your pokemon faints, the pokemon that beat it gets experience

4. If your pokemon hits the level at which it evolves during battle, it evolves right on the spot instead of having to wait until the end of the battle

...Perhaps these are merely dreams...

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
    lance and clair double battle
    Clair: Why, I'd never!.....
    CC: Clair, chill it.
    Well for once I'd like a FEMALE champion with an underrated type like normal or let's take a risk and say BUG. Maybe a Surskit to balance out the fire weakness.
    Clair: I want Lance again so I can beat the crap out of him.
    CC: You said earlier you wanted to see a female water trainer.
    Clair: Actually I do, oh snapperz!

Years
    I would like the elite 4 to be VERY hard... remember when we were yound and didnt know anything about pokemon? That Hard, becoming a the best pokemon trainer isnt easy and quite an achievment! so i wanna feel like it is... usually pokemon leugue have a lvl range of 50-60 myabe 60-70 would make it worthwhile

also training is needed PROPER training like you would do in real life (if pokemon were real)

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    How about if it doesn't tell you what Pokemon the E4 will use next.
    All the E4's/all the other trainers where easy since the game actually tells you what Pokemon they are going to use next...

Champion Taylor

PokeTrainer
    Years
    I think it should be the most unlikely people in the e4, like say a youngster or bug catcher you meet near the beginning of the game. Just to make it more interesting, y'know.

EDIT: Put day instead of game...

Eig

Years
    • Seen Sep 30, 2008
    I would like to see a tournament, sorta Battle Factory, but not so. You choose your Pokemon, the 4 opponents Pokemons are random, and the champ is the same. But not sooo random - for example: opponent 1 has that Pokemon: Shiftry, Lickitung, Tangela, Linoone, Ludicolo. You beat the champ and decide to beat him again. Opponent 1 has now: Pinsir, Quilava, Volbeat, Illumise, Stantler - NOT... I think new sets of that pokemon should have at least one Pokemon of the old set, so... Ludicolo, Quilava, Volbeat, Illumise, Stantler. Something like that.

Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2005
    i wish they'd put a dang pokemon center in between each of the elite four battles! its hard to battle seriously when you have half of your team dead and 2 more battles to go! grrrrr... and a girl champion would make a great change of pace for those anti-feminist people!.....dude, i think im turning into a chick XD

Aisu K.

SHOWMEYAMOVES
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Home
    • Seen Oct 6, 2010
    Mr Cat Dog said:
    Nintendo will not do a tournament simply because it would require a lot of coding to make it random and such. Some players (especially younger ones) might get put off by this as well... Also, by having a tournament, that would rule out the Elite 4 altogether, as you'd be fighting trainers which weren't the E4 themselves. Whilst it would be interesting, Nintendo won't do it.

If they can program the Battle Dome of the Frontier, then they can do a tourney. You're right, though. Instead of fighting some professionals, you're fighting normal trainers. Although variety would be interesting, it wouldn't be fun fighting normal people. Also, aren't the leagues in the anim? a once in a while thing? That would mean, assuming they went for total realism, that you could only attend when the league opens. Sure, you could collect badges, but you couldn't enter the tourney until...

whaddya know. 600th post. Sorry for going off a little bit. Pay no attention to this little line.

Dark Penguin

[Insert text here]
    Years
    i just wish that the AU would actually use strategy, that way it wouldn't matter if it was a tourney or elimination or whatever. just a good hard battle. though a tourney does sound really cool.

Happy Dude

Queen of the DDC.
    Years
    Well,like if said before "we realy don't know crap about D and P yet" becuase they haven't realesed much information about it.

But i think they will keep E4 but becuase it's a new series it should have different trainers and new pokemon.

Murpheos

Fists of Flame!
    Years
    Just me thinking out aloud, but I would like to see the Elite 6, for kicks and giggles. No champion, just 6 Elite Trainers, each with a certain type (Ground, Bug, Steel, uncommon types not used before). AND...along with others above, a female Elite Trainer at the end, just to be different.

Iron Mankey

Gentleman Thug
    Years
    Ideas:

-Tournament style, with the elite four at the very end.
    -Champion (female to even it out), training somewhere else in which you have to seek her out to fight her.
    -If you beat her, YOU are Champion, which means other trainers who won the tourney could come and challenge you.
    -Spontaneous evolution would be awesome.
    -When you become Champion or win the tournament, a trophy to put in your room would be nice.
    -fighting against trainers you met on your journey would be cool too.

That's just what I think.

The Incarnation Pokemon

LeagueSlash Fangirl
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2008
    I don't care what types the 'Lites and Champion use, as long as they're sexay people. The Champion just HAS to be sexy. Otherwise it would break the pattern: Wallace = HAWT, Steven = HAWT, Lance = HAWT (Hey, just 'cuz I hate him doesn't mean I can't see that he's good-looking!).

And I don't really want a tournament-style League because that might mean no sexy E4 and Champion characters...

...I wouldn't mind terribly if the D/P Champion was a gal, either, as long as she's HAWT! ^_^ And I like the thing they had for R/S where the Champion was some d00d who popped up and interacted with you, helping you along the way until you battle him at the end. Oh yeah, and the Steven double-battle in Emerald. Something like that with the D/P Champion...

Back