• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Elite Battle 2015: Gen 5 battle skin

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
  • Shiny Pokemon are fixed but mega Pokemon still float for me.
    I've changed the BitmapWrappers to bypass my fixes and use whatever's present in the Gen 6 project. Any further issues with the Pokedex after this, are not on my end (I'm passing the blame, lol)
    The Pokedex also still crashes but there's a new error:
    It makes sense that the y positions of your mega sprites will not be the same as their non-mega counterparts, since the actual sprites themselves are different. The gen 6 project takes that into account though, and provides an additional formOffsetY which can be edited through the MultipleForms script.

Years
  • I've changed the BitmapWrappers to bypass my fixes and use whatever's present in the Gen 6 project. Any further issues with the Pokedex after this, are not on my end (I'm passing the blame, lol)

It makes sense that the y positions of your mega sprites will not be the same as their non-mega counterparts, since the actual sprites themselves are different. The gen 6 project takes that into account though, and provides an additional formOffsetY which can be edited through the MultipleForms script.

Cool, that fixed the Pokedex issue. Guess you we're to blame {XD} They don't animate on that screen. I'm not sure if they're supposed to. It doesn't bother me but I thought I'd let you know in case that was your intention. As for the sprite positions, I'm not using the Gen VI project. So, offhand, am I going to have to do some script editing or is there another way. I come from Minecraft modding so I'm not adverse to doing my own scripting I just want to make sure I'm doing it properly as this is a whole new realm for me.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
  • I'm not using the Gen VI project.

This can't be the case, because both the Pokedex issue, and the fix I provided for it, are caused by the combination of the Gen 6 project + EBS. The fix for the Pokedex makes it so that if EBS detects the Gen 6 project present, it loads the Pokedex scripts from it, and not from my stock Essentials fix.

The sprites not animating in the Pokedex is not really my concern, as I've mentioned before. The Pokedex script is missing sprite update calls, which in turn makes them lack any animation. In stock Essentials + EBS, the sprites on the left of the list of Pokemon in the Pokedex do animate though. (if they aren't for you, that is more proof that you are actually on the Gen 6 project).

Years
  • This can't be the case, because both the Pokedex issue, and the fix I provided for it, are caused by the combination of the Gen 6 project + EBS. The fix for the Pokedex makes it so that if EBS detects the Gen 6 project present, it loads the Pokedex scripts from it, and not from my stock Essentials fix.

The sprites not animating in the Pokedex is not really my concern, as I've mentioned before. The Pokedex script is missing sprite update calls, which in turn makes them lack any animation. In stock Essentials + EBS, the sprites on the left of the list of Pokemon in the Pokedex do animate though. (if they aren't for you, that is more proof that you are actually on the Gen 6 project).

Well I only downloaded Project Gen VI about 45 minutes ago so I'm not sure what to tell you. I appreciate the fixes anyway. Also, I wasn't complaining about the animation in the Pokedex. That doesn't bother me, I was just letting you know in case you didn't already. I'm not sure what has been said as I haven't been active on these forums in about 4 years.

TheKenny

The only real Kenny!
    Years
  • I bet this question was asked before but I'm lazy so I'm asking again ^^

What do I do with the trainer pack? How do I insert them correctly so that I see them ingame? When I now battling for example Brock the sprite is way too big and is not shown correctly. I've put the graphics into /Graphics/Characters/.

Thanks in advance!

TheKenny

The only real Kenny!
    Years
  • Ugh... Sorry, my bad... I've overlooked that I can change the setting for the default sprites like Brock... Please don't hit me :(

But, what I still don't know is, how do I index new sprites? It says that the new ones are not indexed, how do I do this? And if the answer to this is in your post too I'm going to shut down my laptop for the rest of the day. {D:}

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
  • But, what I still don't know is, how do I index new sprites? It says that the new ones are not indexed, how do I do this? And if the answer to this is in your post too I'm going to shut down my laptop for the rest of the day. {D:}

That's basic Essentials stuff. Look at how you name the trainer graphic files on the wiki.

Years
    • Seen Nov 6, 2017
    Just tried to use the positioner to fix the alignment of some pokemon but when i opened it all my sprites were jumbo sized,

would you know how i could get them to downsize them back to their normal? thankyou

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2024
    Just tried to use the positioner to fix the alignment of some pokemon but when i opened it all my sprites were jumbo sized,

would you know how i could get them to downsize them back to their normal? thankyou

I did this manually myself. Go to the Data folder, temporarily rename your "Scripts" file to something else, then rename the "PositionerScripts" scripts file to "Scripts". Open RPGXP, go to the script editor, now all the contents should be with the PositionerScripts code. Now go to the section EliteBattle_BitmapWrappers. I changed lines 24-26 to
    Code:
      def initialize(file,scale=1)
        raise "filename is nil" if file==nil
        @scale = scale/2

and I ended up with the sprites downsized.

Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2018
    Not appears the number of Pokémon that has the coach in the battle. Can you solve this?

Elite Battle 2015: Gen 5 battle skin

Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2020
    I think I've found a little bug. When an enemy pokemon tries to use Stealth Rock this what happens:

Spoiler:

Don't know if actually happens with all kind of entry hazards though.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
  • I think I've found a little bug. When an enemy pokemon tries to use Stealth Rock this what happens:on't know if actually happens with all kind of entry hazards though.

I can't replicate the error on stock Essentials + EBS, or Gen 6 Project + EBS. But, whatever, delete line 455 of the Animations section of the scripts. It's useless anyway (as it has no use).

Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2016
    uninitialized constant SCREEN_HEIGHT
    EliteBattle_EntryAnimations:338:in `ebWildAnimation1'
    EliteBattle_EntryAnimations:218:in `pbBattleAnimation'
    PokemonField:1017:in `pbWildBattle'
    PokemonField:1473:in `pbBattleOnStepTaken'
    PokemonField:1497:in `pbOnStepTaken'
    Game_Player_:449:in `update_old'
    Walk_Run:75:in `update_network_later'
    Scene_Map:104:in `update_rmxos_later'
    Scene_Map:101:in `loop'
    Scene_Map:114:in `update_rmxos_later'
    Scene_Map:68:in `main_rmxos_later'
    Scene_Map:65:in `loop'
    Scene_Map:72:in `main_rmxos_later'
    Main:47

????¿¿¿¿¿solution??????¿¿¿¿¿

Years
  • Hi!

I'm trying to install this but when I want to try out the game, I have this error:

Spoiler:

Any idea on how I can fix this?

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2022
    ---------------------------
    Pokemon Essentials
    Exception: RuntimeError

Message: Failed to load the bitmap located at: Graphics/Pictures/newStatuses

BitmapCache:393:in `load_bitmap'

EliteBattle_BitmapWrappers:578:in `pbBitmap'

EliteBattle_UI:63:in `initialize'

EliteBattle_Scene:101:in `new'

EliteBattle_Scene:101:in `pbLoadUIElements'

EliteBattle_Scene:258:in `pbStartBattle'

PokeBattle_SafariZone:105:in `pbStartBattle'

PokemonSafari:114:in `pbSafariBattle'

PokemonSafari:113:in `pbSceneStandby'

PokemonSafari:115:in `pbSafariBattle'

This exception was logged in

C:\Users\creep\Saved Games/Pokemon Essentials/errorlog.txt.

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
    OK

I got this error when I started a battle.

TheKenny

The only real Kenny!
    Years
  • It seems that there is a file at 'Graphics/Pictures/newStatuses' missing. Make sure that all files are where they belong.

KillerMapper

Helix Follower
    Years
  • If someone wondered if EB works with Essential v16, it does work. Even with the new border enabled. I can't confirm it's 100% compatible though.

Also the pictures in the main post are broken. I don't know if it's only a temporary problem.

Back