• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Elite Four

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
Years
  • Okay I checked and the last E4 thread died... But since the games are now out I think it would be cool to bring up the discussion again, and since I am about to verse them.

Sooo from my last E4 thread:

Shauntal, E4 1.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Grimsley, E4 2.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Caitlin, E4 3.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Marshal, E4 4.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Alder, CHAMPION
    Spoiler:

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
    Years
  • I agree. All of her Ghost-types are definitely up there on the "Crappy to Overused" scale and they all have a different sub-type to prevent repetitive death (Aside from Ghost moves).

Alder's party baffles me a bit. I'd expect the Champ to have an epic team, but the only epic Pokemon on his team is Volcarona o_O

King Gumball

Years
  • OMG okay so I LOVE the fact that you can verse anyE4 member you want in any order, that is so cool. It gives me a chance to train specific pokemon <3 And I am versing Marshall right now training my Musharna. This is really cool!!

I was a little sad Alder has no specific typing. I thought Cynthia was going to be unique :( I expected him to be fire type only.... but looks like champions being any type has become a trend >..>

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Tough choice, really. These E4 members are probably my favorite ones since... well forever I guess. Shauntal is really cool in her design, that bookworm look. Grimsley has that almost demonicly "cool" look, and sophisticated... kind of like thos old school vampires. Marshall has that total bad ass fighter look, like he'll punch his way through everything, and that he's Alders student. Caitlin is probably my favorite though. I love her design, and that she makes a reappearance from the fourth generation as an older character, but totally arrogant and snobby like her princess self. Alder is my second favorite Champion. He's got a very cool design, and I'm very intrigued about his past.

Years
  • I really like the Elite Four! They are all awesome. I like the types they have. I like Alder too! He is really cool. They all look very awesome as well. I like them all.

King Gumball

Years
  • Wow Caitlin's room is really amazing.... Like it is in space, and at the top her little princess tent with the bed in it made me lol XD But she is a stuck up cow thats for sure :/ "Who are you? How impudent of you to disturb my sleep. Hmf... You appear to possess a combination of strength and kindness. Very well.Make you best effort not to bore me with a yawn-inducing battle. Clear?"

Marshals room was cool too, rising that rollercoaster thing up to the top. He is a lot more pleasant than Caitlin.

Last edited:

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I think Shantaul is my favourite, I like her design and her Pokémon, then Caitlin, Alder, Marshal then Grimsley, they're all good though!

King Gumball

Years
  • Erm usually the E4 or any trainers have pokemon with the genders that match their own gender... Why has Grimsley got three female pokemon o_o But anyhow his E4 gym is pretty awesome. Very vampire like XD

I'm glad to see Caitlin is a little nicer once you beat her ^.^

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Erm usually the E4 or any trainers have pokemon with the genders that match their own gender... Why has Grimsley got three female pokemon o_o But anyhow his E4 gym is pretty awesome. Very vampire like XD

It's probably to match his appearance, which seems almost aristocrat and a bit feminine... and like I said, almost like a vampire. This is the way I see him though.

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
    Years
  • Grimsley is da bomb. He's just so smooth. I also feel a certain affinity for Shikimi Shauntal, as a writer, and I really don't like Marshall. Mostly because half of my team is weak to Fighting and I don't carry a single Flying or Psychic type :/

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I love Caitlin's room as well as Shauntal's and Grimsley's and and... okay the elite four looks amazing this generation. Shauntal was kinda hard tbh, and so was Caitlin iirc. Though Grimsley was hell easy thanks to fighting attacks. XD

King Gumball

Years
  • Grimsley was the HARDEST ;_; Even though I lost to Shauntel and Caitlin, that was because they were both the second trainers I versed in my two run through, so half my team were dead. My team has two Ghosts and a Phychic and two grass..... in other words the E4 was an absolute nightmare

my ghost attacks dont affect Marshal, and my only flying type i use is half rock, im super effective to caitlin, but she is to me as well, and she has a very wide movepool. Shauntal was hell, we were super effective to each other as well, but her Chandular is heaps fast and her Jellicent has really good SpDef. she proved difficult. But Grimsley was bloody Dark type, my Masharna was no use, his red powerranger is half steel, a major weakness to my whole team, and all his pokes were super effective. My Liligants abuse of Sleep powder got me past him.

Aaand i beat the E4 on my third go, and my first serious playthrough. I beat Marshal last, and decided to use all these revives and hyper potions, then saved, only to find those two medieval girls, Cordenia and Athena or something heals your team XD /fail. I am about to verse N.

Devil Flamingo

→ Loves Defense
    Years
  • I had no particular difficulties with any of them (mind you, I've yet to battle them a second time + Alder, since I restarded JP Black a few days ago and haven't gotten EN White yet), but Alder and Marshal are the best. I'm not big on Fighting types (I tend to like them, but rarely enough to actually use them, notable exceptions being all the Fire-Fighting starters) but maaan, Marshal is a badass dude and I love his style. As for Alder, that's self-explanatory. Coolest champ ever (I love redhead guys <3) and Bug Pokemon user? Hell to the yes. :D

As for the other three... Grimsley is amazing, awesome, I love him, etc. Caitlin... I don't care for the Psychic type or for Psychic type users (lol any minute now Zam [Alakazam17] will post here saying how they're superior hurr durr) and Caitlin is no exception; I don't care about her. As for Shauntal... I think she's kinda cool, but I honestly prefer Phoebe's style (and even Karen's, though she doesn't use Ghost types). I dunno, I love the whole Ghost Room she has going on and ofc books are always love, but I'm definitely not a big fan of hers. :V

Years
  • I've played the game trough twice now.
    Grimsley was the easiest both times.
    Shauntal was a bit harder.
    Caitlin was the second hardest first time and the hardest second time I battled her.
    Marshal was the hardest first time: His Throh and Sawk made half of my team faint and Mienshao and Conkeldurr weren't easy either...
    Second time I had a Psychic type so it was alot easier.

King Gumball

Years
  • Also, there's this one E4 member that doesn't particularly use any style of Pokemon(Type-wise), I forgot who it was, actually.
    That would be the champion Alder ;) I was a little disappointed that he was like Cynthia and has no specific typing, I think it would have been cooler if Cynthia was a one off.

I love all of the E4 this time round, i can't find anything i dislike about them. My fav used to be Cailin but idk now XD they are all so great!

King Gumball

Years
  • No, there was actually an E4 member that didn't have a type preference to pokemon. I would say its the "Psychic" or "Ghost" E4 member, even though their entire team didnt consist of just psychic and ghost. One of them, anyway.

Really? Because all the E4 members have all pokemon with their corresponding types, even the rematch teams :/

Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2013
    Shauntal is my favourite, although her room is kinda creepy.
    Grimsley is like count's son from Transilvania.
    Marshall's teeth are blue...
    Caitlin's hair is just weird...

Back