• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[EM] Battle Engine Upgrade (On Halt, Will undergo reboot!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen today
    If you are adding Gen 7 moves, you should directly add ability/move name/descriptions to the Engine code. The files are ability_desc.s, ability_name.s,move_name, move_table.h and move_desc.s. There are empty slots available to add new entries.

Lol, you don't have to set anything in the evolution table for this. Just give both the forms Stance Change and update their indices in the config.h file.

All right, makes sense, I'm an idiot {XD}

I also found a bug possibly in the Engine Upgrade: Carvanha and Sharpedo makes the game crash when used by a trainer (normally a Team Aqua Member). Changing Carvanha or Sharpedo to any other Pokemon fixes this crash.
    Doesn't happen on wild battles.

Years
  • I also found a bug possibly in the Engine Upgrade: Carvanha and Sharpedo makes the game crash when used by a trainer (normally a Team Aqua Member). Changing Carvanha or Sharpedo to any other Pokemon fixes this crash.
    Doesn't happen on wild battles.

Can't replicate it. It's probably not an engine bug.

Years
    • Seen today
    Can't replicate it. It's probably not an engine bug.

Where did you try it? The first grunts on Slateport City work fine, but the ones where they give you Castform make my game crash.

If it doesn't crash better, but if it isn't the engine what is it? I didn't change anything except Pokemon Data and Sprites, for now. -_-

EDIT I just found that if I edit the Carvanha moves with HTE the game doesn't crash. Maybe the crash is related to an attack. Now to find that attack.

FOUND IT (First try tho!): Synchronoise. Doesn't matter what Pokemon has it, makes the game crash.

Can you test if it's the engine or my rom?

Last edited:
    Years
  • Where did you try it? The first grunts on Slateport City work fine, but the ones where they give you Castform make my game crash.

If it doesn't crash better, but if it isn't the engine what is it? I didn't change anything except Pokemon Data and Sprites, for now. -_-

EDIT I just found that if I edit the Carvanha moves with HTE the game doesn't crash. Maybe the crash is related to an attack. Now to find that attack.

FOUND IT (First try tho!): Synchronoise. Doesn't matter what Pokemon has it, makes the game crash.

Can you test if it's the engine or my rom?

Nice work there pal. That's how you debug things, get rid of one thing, add another and see when it crashes, so you know the cause.
    I fixed it and updated on github.

Years
    • Seen today
    Nice work there pal. That's how you debug things, get rid of one thing, add another and see when it crashes, so you know the cause.
    I fixed it and updated on github.

Haha thanks. {XD}

Just another question, how does Burmy work? I'm going to reapply the BEU patch so I want to be sure of this.
    Normally, Burmy changes form in where is it. Let's say it works like that. What about Wormadam? It's not on config.h.

Also, is it safe to reapply the BEU patch? I edited Pokemon Data, sprites, created some new objects and that's it.

Funnily enough, my rom is 954 Pokemons and I used them all of them. I just needed one space for Sunshine Cherrim but that's okay xD.

Years
  • Haha thanks. {XD}

Just another question, how does Burmy work? I'm going to reapply the BEU patch so I want to be sure of this.
    Normally, Burmy changes form in where is it. Let's say it works like that. What about Wormadam? It's not on config.h.

Also, is it safe to reapply the BEU patch? I edited Pokemon Data, sprites, created some new objects and that's it.

Funnily enough, my rom is 954 Pokemons and I used them all of them. I just needed one space for Sunshine Cherrim but that's okay xD.

1. Burmy works like in the games. If it participated in a battle with background X it changes to a different cloak. When it evolves it stays in that form forever.
    2. Reapplying the patch is mostly safe, but take something into account:
    The engine takes 0x50000 bytes and was applied at 0xF00000. There was an update but the size of it hasn't changed. No worries here, reapplying.
    Though let's say the new update added stuff and the size is bigger. It's gonna overwrite not only the previous patch but also bytes that were after it.
    What I would do is pick a location for applying the patch that's considerably larger than necessary size. Say From 0xF00000 to 0xFA00000 and didn't use that area for anything different.

Years
    • Seen today
    1. Burmy works like in the games. If it participated in a battle with background X it changes to a different cloak. When it evolves it stays in that form forever.
    2. Reapplying the patch is mostly safe, but take something into account:
    The engine takes 0x50000 bytes and was applied at 0xF00000. There was an update but the size of it hasn't changed. No worries here, reapplying.
    Though let's say the new update added stuff and the size is bigger. It's gonna overwrite not only the previous patch but also bytes that were after it.
    What I would do is pick a location for applying the patch that's considerably larger than necessary size. Say From 0xF00000 to 0xFA00000 and didn't use that area for anything different.

1. Oh yeah! I forgot that Wormadam stayed in that form forever! {XD}
    2. Okay, seems to work fine. Thanks!

Jeesh

I just wanna hack Emerald.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2020
    I think you should test for 8 evos per mon and then tell the results.

Well, results are successful. It works with 8 evos. I don't know why it wasn't working for resete in the first place.
    Of course, I tested it with TREEKO Mega Evolving into Mega BULBASAUR, using two mons that already exist.
    However, my victory came at a price.
    Now whenever I try to edit an expanded Pokemon in G3T, this happens.
    b80f37d03b8e443c9e3fa9d8c11a19a4.png

I've fixed it before, but I don't remember how. Help?

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    This is probably some noob level shit here but I feel like DizzyEgg has liked enough of my posts not to yell at me for this...

I can't seem to get the Pokemon editor in PGE to actually open. It just loads eternally until I put the poor thing out of its misery. I did the .ini dump correctly, but I'm not... entirely sure how to set the .ini up in PGE's files? I was told by a friend using the engine to keep the test .ini with the ROM file and leave PGE's old one alone, and that didn't work for me either, so I'm... not entirely clear on what I should be doing here lol. The attacks load correctly, although the descriptions for nearly all new attacks are fucked up immensely.

Trainer 781

Well, results are successful. It works with 8 evos. I don't know why it wasn't working for resete in the first place.
    Of course, I tested it with TREEKO Mega Evolving into Mega BULBASAUR, using two mons that already exist.
    However, my victory came at a price.
    Now whenever I try to edit an expanded Pokemon in G3T, this happens.
    b80f37d03b8e443c9e3fa9d8c11a19a4.png

I've fixed it before, but I don't remember how. Help?

Don't know. You shouldn't be using G3T for pokemon data after applying the engine upgrade because it does not support the new learnset style for 512+ moves unlike PGE.

This is probably some noob level **** here but I feel like DizzyEgg has liked enough of my posts not to yell at me for this...

I can't seem to get the Pokemon editor in PGE to actually open. It just loads eternally until I put the poor thing out of its misery. I did the .ini dump correctly, but I'm not... entirely sure how to set the .ini up in PGE's files? I was told by a friend using the engine to keep the test .ini with the ROM file and leave PGE's old one alone, and that didn't work for me either, so I'm... not entirely clear on what I should be doing here lol. The attacks load correctly, although the descriptions for nearly all new attacks are ****ed up immensely.

Try using this as the roms.ini
    https://github.com/Gamer2020/PokemonGameEditor/blob/master/roms.ini

Years
    • Seen today
    This is probably some noob level **** here but I feel like DizzyEgg has liked enough of my posts not to yell at me for this...

I can't seem to get the Pokemon editor in PGE to actually open. It just loads eternally until I put the poor thing out of its misery. I did the .ini dump correctly, but I'm not... entirely sure how to set the .ini up in PGE's files? I was told by a friend using the engine to keep the test .ini with the ROM file and leave PGE's old one alone, and that didn't work for me either, so I'm... not entirely clear on what I should be doing here lol. The attacks load correctly, although the descriptions for nearly all new attacks are ****ed up immensely.

PGEIniDump command in the Battle Upgrade Engine doesn't work for me (he he).
    To make it work what I do is:

- Install both BEU and Poke Expansion.
    - In Poke Expansion folder use the PGEIniDump.exe and open "test.ini" and "offsets.ini".
    - Edit the "yourRomName".ini with the data that test.ini and offsets.ini have.
    - It just works.

If you don't use Poke Expansion maybe the PGEIniDump.exe will also work if you put the test.gba created in BEU. Just edit manually the offsets. Also, in "yourRomName".ini you will need to add some parameters that it doesn't have by default (BackAnimTable, FrameControlTable, FrontAnimationTable,
    AnimDelayTable)
    . Also, "yourRomName".ini goes where your .gba is located. Don't touch the PGE one, it's not necessary.

Jeesh

Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2020
    Don't know. You shouldn't be using G3T for pokemon data after applying the engine upgrade because it does not support the new learnset style for 512+ moves unlike PGE.
    Pfft, figured that out soon enough :P I eventually got it to work smoothly with PGE.
    Oh! I remember what I wanted to ask about.
    MULTITYPE.
    Arceus' ability. How does that work?

Trainer 781

Pfft, figured that out soon enough :P I eventually got it to work smoothly with PGE.
    Oh! I remember what I wanted to ask about.
    MULTITYPE.
    Arceus' ability. How does that work?

Non-related battle formes will be part of a separate project by me which is to be released in 1-2 days.

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    PGEIniDump command in the Battle Upgrade Engine doesn't work for me (he he).
    To make it work what I do is:

- Install both BEU and Poke Expansion.
    - In Poke Expansion folder use the PGEIniDump.exe and open "test.ini" and "offsets.ini".
    - Edit the "yourRomName".ini with the data that test.ini and offsets.ini have.
    - It just works.

If you don't use Poke Expansion maybe the PGEIniDump.exe will also work if you put the test.gba created in BEU. Just edit manually the offsets. Also, in "yourRomName".ini you will need to add some parameters that it doesn't have by default (BackAnimTable, FrameControlTable, FrontAnimationTable,
    AnimDelayTable)
    . Also, "yourRomName".ini goes where your .gba is located. Don't touch the PGE one, it's not necessary.

I have no idea what Poke Expansion is. ~_~

Jeesh

Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2020
    Non-related battle formes will be part of a separate project by me which is to be released in 1-2 days.
    Same goes for Griesous Orb and Therian/Resolute Formes?

Jeesh

Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2020
    Cool.
    And for the stability of my mental health, if you want Wish Mega Evolution, in PGE you set evolution condition to Wish Mega Evolution, and then it lets you choose the attack so you do that, and that's it, right?
    Well, for Yanmega, Ambipom and Mamoswine, where's the Attack by level up evolution condition?

Trainer 781

And for the stability of my mental health, if you want Wish Mega Evolution, in PGE you set evolution condition to Wish Mega Evolution, and then it lets you choose the attack so you do that, and that's it, right?
    Yes

Well, for Yanmega, Ambipom and Mamoswine, where's the Attack by level up evolution condition?
    Not covered in this engine since it deals mainly with the Battle Stuff. The routines for them are here in PC. You can search them.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back