• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen embarassed???

Status
Not open for further replies.

metroid fan

Portable builder
Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2007
    Dude heck no I walked in there with at least 5 of my friends and there was no one else in the store so I didn't care. I'm 16 and I know at least 14 or 15 kids who play it and we all play it at lunch.

agiht

Fo Sho Yadadamean?
    Years
    • US
    • Seen Jun 21, 2010
    I started to try to bring back Pokémon into my school, and its kinda working. 3 Kids so far bought it, but none of them can trade or battle yet.

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2007
    not embarassed

i wasnt that embarassed. i felt embarassed for the little kds there making stupid comments aka asking the clerks (who were clueless) which starter would you chose? and a little boy who started screaming when he saw lucario on the display pokedex. but seriously, like in november pokemon had a comeback in my town. SERIOUSLY. everyone had like a nostaligia trip and decided to pull out stadium 2 and g/s/c. and i saw a few people who were my age that also got caught up in the nostalgia phase buying the games too.

and also saying it is for a birthday isnt such a good excuse. one of my friends says that people use it all the time, with little variation (my niece/nephew/brother/sister/son/daughter/cousin's birthday)

PokemonXP

Platinum Battler
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2010
    I wasn't embarrassed at buying Pokemon Pearl. Why be embarrassed about something you enjoy? That's like saying you're embarrassed at doing a sport you love doing. It just doesn't make sense. BTW I'm 19 now and I'm still playing Pokemon just not as often as I used to.

Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2024
    I wasn't embarrassed. As a 17 year old walking in with two other 17 year olds, at 8:00 AM on Sunday morning. We were the first ones to buy it and it was awesome.

Now, I was a little embarrassed buying the new Linkin Park CD the other day. But what can I say? I listen to good music too.

IMTHEONEKILLINU

DARKRAI for President!
    Years
  • I wasn't and as a matter of fact, I had kids telling their parents to look at me because I was buying it. LOL. One kid's mother thought I was buying it for my kids. I told her that it was for me, and she was shocked! I'm older than most people here, and I have a "few" tattoos. I was also riding my motorcycle that day, so it looked even more strange I suppose. Most people won't make fun of me for playing it, because they're afraid I'd beat them down in the parking lot. LOL.

Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2024
    I wasn't and as a matter of fact, I had kids telling their parents to look at me because I was buying it. LOL. One kid's mother thought I was buying it for my kids. I told her that it was for me, and she was shocked! I'm older than most people here, and I have a "few" tattoos. I was also riding my motorcycle that day, so it looked even more strange I suppose. Most people won't make fun of me for playing it, because they're afraid I'd beat them down in the parking lot. LOL.

We have a big tough biker here on the Pokemon Community.
    That's pretty much the awesomest thing I've ever seen.

Other than the time I caught a substitute teacher posting on the John Petrucci forums.

IMTHEONEKILLINU

DARKRAI for President!
    Years
  • I'm not a big tough biker. I ride sportbikes not Harleys. I don't look like some dirtbag sterotypical biker. I own a Ducati and Yamaha, but I do have tattoos.

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • I was thinking about getting it and a girl my age walked past with it.. She was cute too. I feel sorry for the people who play Runescape though=\. I used to play it. I quit though.

Anywho. I don't care if I play Pokemon lol. It's a game. ENTERTAINMENT. Even if you are a nerd.

Kota--
    XD
    I'm a sucker for girls like that...Especially Pokemon fan girls...My age of course...not that i get to see any in this old town....*sighs*
    Anyhow I am never embarrased about it...And BTW, this thread is kinda pointless...but you admins can decide that...;)

Ichida

The Zealous Blue Partizan
    Years
  • This is why I love having a gamer girlfriend. I'm helping her raise a kickass competition team. :P

Typhoon

PokeManiac
    Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2007
    embarassed? Maybe with my boss and coworkers, but with my friends and family, I don't care what they think and they don't care what I play (for the most part). I just shrug off any criticism.

I would actually wear a shirt with pokemon on it, or stick an iron-on pokemon on my backpack. I haven't done that yet, but I think most people wouldn't make it a big deal. I think for them, it's so lame, it's cool.

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • This is why I love having a gamer girlfriend. I'm helping her raise a kickass competition team. :P
    *sighs*:( You lucky...I wish I had a Gamer GF...But all of the girls I liked Either moved away or got married to another guy...
    Anyway I am planning to get a Swampert or a Mewtwo tattoed onto my shoulder...or a BIG Mewtwo on my Back...

Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2024
    I'm not a big tough biker. I ride sportbikes not Harleys. I don't look like some dirtbag sterotypical biker. I own a Ducati and Yamaha, but I do have tattoos.

Oh, well. Sorry for assuming. It would have been cool though.

And what are these "girls" that everybody keeps talking about? All I know is Pokemon. Are they anything like female Pokemon? Do they have gender deformities?

Legacy

The Living Legend
    Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2009
    Hahahaha I thought I was wierd 15 playing it. Not to sound like an ass, but Legacy, you're always off topic. Post something that has to do with the thread instead of making fun of the thread starter.
    1: That post was also off topic.
    2: I never "made fun" of the thread starter, merely asked a simple question.
    3: I'm not "always off topic." I've made two or three off topic posts in this entire forum. You're just pissed because I made a comment in your thread about wanting strong Pokémon because you couldn't train them yourself.

So get your facts right before you go accusing me of anything. Thanks.

Ichida said:
    This is why I love having a gamer girlfriend. I'm helping her raise a kickass competition team.
    I used to have a girlfriend that loved RPGs. She played them more than I did.

Storm-DC

Dance Instructor
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2019
    i told my gf i might be able to become really good, win championships and become rich like unreal and starcraft players.. she was totally okay with it then.. now she's gone for 4 months, so there's my excuse to play pokemon; i need to at least breed something.. why not pokemon.

anyway, i wasnt too emberassed, since i got it from ebay ;)!

county1883

dragon master
    Years
  • why wud i be embarresed its a game im 21 and i play it
    got mine off ebay coz not out in uk yet and have ordered for 4 people at uni who saw it and wanted it, even my uni lecterer has got it, in fact he's got both d and p
    the game store maneger wanted to c it so i brought it in 4 him to play
    So no im not embarrased

Years
  • My 50 year old mother plays pokemon, and her playing it renewed my spirit for playing it. I am now the first of us to have pearl/diamond so i can help her out finally.

No i'm not embarassed that i was first in line at game stop in front of one of my son's friends in the neighborhood. No i wasn't embarassed that i was just as excited to be at the 10th anniversary live event as both my kids. As a parent it gives me a connection with my kids that we can enjoy and share.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back