• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Question: Emblems to Badges?

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen today
    Apologies if this thread is in error at all, but I guess this is the place to ask. As an old-timey user with several emblems, is there any way at least some of them could be converted to equivalent badges? It will be sad to see them wiped out (presumably in the big update on the horizon) and I was hoping there'd be some way to preserve them apart from the screenshot I took.

Years
  • hi! apologies for the late reply.

so basically, we can certainly make an effort to transfer some emblems to what would be badges in xenforo, but as for what they would be, hasn't really been finalised as of yet. the general goal with badges is that we really don't want them to be as bloated as emblems were (no, seriously, we had hundreds upon hundreds of emblems) so unfortunately, not all of them are able to be saved, or even a decent percentage of them, if i'm frank.

it's a bit difficult to give a precise response to this since our incentive system in xenforo is a work in progress, but we'll keep you updated if there are any changes, or lack thereof.

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
    Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen today
    It's all good! Thanks for the response :3

I personally don't have that many and the ones I'd care the most about would probably be not too niche so whatever you all settle on I'm sure will be just fine! I do like the whole badge thing and do think it's probably a better system in the long run, but it'd just be nifty if there can still be echoes of what was 'earned' in the past going forward.

Back