• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Graphics] [Emerald] Changing player overworld sprite corrupts graphics

Years
    Hi there! I'm a bit new to Pokemon hacking and I've come across an issue with my hack. You see, I'm replacing the player's character sprite with a custom one. When I do this though, the palettes become corrupted and the game becomes highly unstable, with invisible overworld sprites and random crashes. If someone could tell me what I did wrong that would be great! Thank you!

This is my setup in Overworld Manager:
    [Emerald] Changing player overworld sprite corrupts graphics

This is the sprite I'm importing:

This is the result, sometimes my sprite shows up and sometimes it's invisible, but all other overworlds are always invisible:

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    If you haven't got any dynamic palettes applied (which is probably the case in Emerald). You should only use the palette ID's that are present in the vanilla ROM, you can alter those palettes to your liking with a program like APE.

Years
    Hi there! I'm a bit new to Pokemon hacking and I've come across an issue with my hack. You see, I'm replacing the player's character sprite with a custom one. When I do this though, the palettes become corrupted and the game becomes highly unstable, with invisible overworld sprites and random crashes. If someone could tell me what I did wrong that would be great! Thank you!

I believe you can use Overworld Editor Rebirth Edition to insert new palletes, but can only be done so by overwriting existing palletes.

Years
    I believe you can use Overworld Editor Rebirth Edition to insert new palletes, but can only be done so by overwriting existing palletes.

Hi PokeChu, this didn't work for me. I replaced the palette with OERE, and then replaced the sprite with OWM, but I still get the same unstable results.

Back