• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emotionally Attached?

Medli

I am Error.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2010
    I guess I'm attached in a way. It's not like I'd break down into tears if my Blaziken fainted or if my game blew up, but I'd still be sort of sad and empty. Like when my first Sapphire file broke down (one that I've had since I was 8). It was a little saddening, but it's not life changing or anything. I guess you're as emotionally attached as you make it. If you go through the entire game just with the most powerful Pokemon, you probably won't feel it. If you go through with your favorites and have fun with it, you'd feel a little upset.

Yeah, marrying a DS character is extreme and really... weird. But I don't see any harm in feeling a little bit of pride and happiness and nostalgia and all that fun stuff towards something you worked on.

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
    People on those other sites ridiculed me for this.

I think I saw that on Serebii....yeah....that isn't the place for that kinda stuff pokemon is srs bsns.

whoa whoa whoa. some dude married a DS character? that's weird. i would have to go with no on that one

WHAT!? People take pokemon way too seriously. Ones and zeroes man, ones and zeroes. They can't show you love affection or any of that stuff they go out fight and live/die. Pixels.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I guess I could say that I do get attached to my Pokemon somewhat.. but not in the way of actually 'caring' about them, if that makes sense. I get attached to them because I work so hard to find, raise, and level them.. so it's more of caring about the effort, rather the Pokemon themselves. Soo.. if my data was erased, or if I eventually wanted to restart for whatever reason.. I'd feel a bit down because I wouldn't want to lose my Pokemon, but yeah.

Although, I'm not all ashamed to say stuff like "I love my Luxray~." buut I don't actually love the thing as a being, I just find the Pokemon awesome, and I like what I've achieved with said Pokemon.

Years
    Well, within the context of the game, I will feel a little guilty for boxing or trading a Pokémon I had used on my team, so I rarely do either, but I have no problem restarting the game whenever I want to play through it again. Outside the context of that specific game, there is no attachment, which is why, whenever I transfer my Pokémon to a different game, I never really have the same "connection," but within the context I can't deny that there is a little attachment. I generally am a little more partial to the starter than any other Pokémon and it's rare that I won't keep them in my party, especially Yellow's Pikachu (which I never evolve, either).

As a side note, I don't think this really applies to Mystery Dungeon. I've only played through the first Mystery Dungeon, and only once, but I did really love it--not for the gameplay, but for the storyline--and now it's hard for me to imagine my partner as being any Pokémon other than Charmander. Shoot, I'm not sure I even remember which Pokémon I was (it might have been Totodile), but I found Charmander to be very well developed.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Lol, i'm a bit of a wimp and cry easily, so i'd cry if my Emerald,LeafGreen or Platinum got destroyed.

AsaQuilava summed up a lot of my opinion in one go.

Ranger's served it's purpose (manaphy) and i wouldn't've got Diamond if i'd known about Platinum.

I'd be upset if i lost my EV'd Dragonite that's had over 2,000,000pokedollars spent on it when i re-EV it, and buy ribbons.

However, i am emotionally attached to one dream of mine:

-To be took to the world of pokemon, get pokemon, adventure through all regions, etc. (and sadly i wouldn't be a millionaire coz i'd use repel to keep away bugs and snakes (cept Dratini, which i think of as an image of Dragonite's growing aura, in order to stem my fear of looking at it on-screen), but i'd also be able to venture out of the pokemon world, into the normal world, with a time-slip like narnia (i could travel for years, and come back here 30 seconds later), but be able to bring a pokemon to show my trusted friends. Lol, sad i know, but this thread is the only way i can get away with it.

Moltres111

<- Serious business.
    Years
    I'd probably not cry, but I would get really sad if I started my Platinum one day and I found out my save file was gone. (not like that should happen though.. hopefully) Not because i'm emotionally attached to my pokemon, but because i'd obviously remember all the fun times i've had playing the game.

Howev-urr, if I found out one day that my Emerald had crashed completely and would not work again no matter what, i'd probably get really, really sad. Possibly sad to the point of crying. Not because I like the pokemon I have on there, because I don't (crap walkthrough pokes) but because i've had it since I was like.. what? 8? 9? maybe even 7 years old? I don't know. But what I DO know is that that Emerald cartridge means a lot to me (even though it's my second one) and i've heard about all these 3rd gen carts that suddenly die on you/has their internal clock messed up.

Nothing has happened to my Emerald so far. My previous save file was about 700 hours. The save files I had before that were most likely about 400-500 hours. Yup. I've spent over 1000 hours playing on this cartridge. And it still works like a charm.

https://i46.tinypic.com/iqhont.jpg <-- <3333

+ and yup, Blue Angels mousepad or whatever it's called. You can read why in my profile. XD

yeah, emotional. Because Emerald = pro

Back