• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] Encounter Method

Raiyzar

Raiyzer
Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2021
    Hi,

I've done some searching online and I can't seem to find a reliable answer. I'm wondering if turning off the switch/opening a different app resets the chains. I know that accidently capturing or knocking out a pokemon that you are not chaining will break it, but not sure what else may break it.

Any information is appreciated!

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • EDIT: Consenus on the discord is that should be fine to turn off - it just counts encounters since you start the game. There's no 'chaining' thing in SwSh like in, say, LGPE.

Not sure myself, tbh. I assume that closing the game will break the chain, given that's been the case for e.g. DPPt Pokeradar chains. You can turn the switch to standby, just not completely off so to close the app, however - that should be fine.

Last edited:

DragonKing48

The King Of All Dragons.
    Years
  • To add to that, turn it off. Catch others. Run from whatever you're after. Definitely lots of conflicting information but evidently it's only about kicking 500 asses of what you're trying to get. Then and only then it goes to 1-500 with a 3 percent at an increase. That's it. Another thing SWSD got rid of and made more difficult really.

Back