• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Ending Disappointment (spoilers)

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
    Years
    I thought Team Plasma had a good goal of freeing Pokemon, and I liked how the story was deeper than the past games. Sure they looked like idiots on Halloween and had that annoying habit of yelling "Plasmaaaaa!" in despair but generally they were better and more realistic than Magma, Aqua, and Galactic...until I saw the ending. World domination? Seriously!? That is always a stupid, unrealistic, impossible, annoying, and overly used goal in RPGs! Is anyone else as disappointed and pissed off or am I being too dramatic?

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    Would you prefer them to lessen their goals to conquering the Renaissance Fair? Of course they will have lofty goals, although they should worry about establishing a power base in their region and not getting their asses handed to them by kids. I don't think they will ever aim for the possible. I mean a Dragon with a Jet Engine for a tail talk about realistic. I am more disappointed about the lack of back story, and lack of post game. The Shadow Triad seems to just be guides or minions that don't do much(outside of busting Ghetsis out of jail), then the two girls in the castle what is the point to them? The ending could have been better, but I mildly satisfied with it. Maybe they were aiming for a up in the air ending to make people think where N went off too. Hopefully they tie up some lose ends with the third version then maybe it will be more bearable.

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
    Years
    The disappointment was that they turned out to be evil. I can see that the view that Pokemon are slaves is misguided and they had to be stopped but at least their goal was for the good of Pokemon. I thought they finally had a good story about conflicting beliefs that are supposed to be good (the "Tales of" series is known for that kind of story) but then Team Plasma turn out to be the typical power-hungry villains. That's why I'm pissed off.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    Well you got to look at it from two stand points. That of N and that of Ghetsis. I honestly don't know if the grunts were deluded enough to believe they were taking peoples pokemon for the betterment of the pokemon or if they were going along with Ghetsis. Either way both of those characters has conflicting goals the former wants to free pokemon of their "perceived" enslavement to humans, and the ladder wants to use them as tools like he used N and when he has them all opposition will be nonexistent. Maybe it was good that they masqueraded as people for the greater good then showed their true color at the end instead of being the same generic bad guys. It gives you some deviation from the same ole villains and adds something different for a change. Whereas the general populous knew Team Rocket was bad, people of Unova were swayed by Ghetsis speeches making them wonder "Is Team Plasma as bad as people say they are, or are they trying to make the pokemon world a better place."

Years
    You do realize that the same people who made the Mother series work for Pokemon, besides this isn't Final Fantasy or what not.

The fact is that is E for Everyone. Besides, the simpleness of Pokemon is enough to draw people in. Who gives a crap about plot?

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
    Years
    You do realize that the same people who made the Mother series work for Pokemon, besides this isn't Final Fantasy or what not.

The fact is that is E for Everyone. Besides, the simpleness of Pokemon is enough to draw people in. Who gives a crap about plot?

A good story doesn't have to have a mature rating. Just because Pokemon is rated E doesn't mean it shouldn't have a good plot. Tales of the Abyss is rated T and has little mature references, yet it's story is the most incredible I've ever seen. What's wrong with wanting a good plot?

Years
    It would take away the simpleness of Pokemon. Before it was about defeating the 8 Gym Leaders, defeat the evil organization, beat the E4, and beat your rival. Also catch'em all. It's easy enough to understand.

What meant by rated E is everyone can understand it. If someone plays Tales of Abyss, they may not understand it/like it.

Besides, what's wrong with the Pokemon plot? I never found anything wrong with it, what they did now is good enough, if not better than most games I've played. I just don't want Gamefreak to take it up to levels of misunderstanding.

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
    Years
    I guess Pokemon is supposed to be simple. But they tried to make a good story and failed.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    I was disappointed that (ONCE AGAIN) the Big Bad Guy (Ghetsis in this case) eludes justice. I just wish for once that the leader would get the punishment that's coming to them.

As for the big Team Plasma revelation in the end, it was okay. I don't have a problem with world domination being the actuaql goal, if only because only Ghetsis and maybe the Shadow Triad were fully aware of their true intentions. Still, world domination IS something we've seen a million times before in all manner of media...

Butterfree-Charizard

Bug Type Master
    Years
    It's alright IMO I always thought N was getting tricked anyway. It really seemed like N was the only one who spoke legit sounding messages. As for being realist they are all medieval squires running around lead buy a king and sages.... Never seemed that realist to me.

Years
    • Age 28
    • USA
    • Seen Jun 28, 2011
    I have to agree that the ending seemed a little empty, but it was a good game either way. Also about the Team Plasma world domination thing, to me it seemed more realistic then the other teams, you have to admit getting other people to free their Pokemon and only Ghetsis having Pokemon seems like an easy way to take over the world. The other teams were just going by brute force, but Team Plasma was going by the only ones having force. I also feel so sorry for N, he may have been on the bad side, but he truly had good intentions.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    tbh I didn't really expect Ghetsis to turn out to be "evil" in that way, I mean, I heard about him being evil before playing the games, buuuttt I didn't know to what extent. Tbh, it'd have been nice if yes he was evil for a reason other than world domination/stealing all Pokemon. But really? The plot twist at the end was good imo, and unexpected considering all the way through you're lead to think all he wants to do is free Pokemon from humans through not necessarily good methods.

Maybe his plan could have been to eliminate N so he got all the family fortune :D

feralig8rx

PokeFanatic
    Years
    I think just about everyone knew that N was getting played, but I hated how it turned into world domination. The storyline was really deep and involved in the game, which I loved, but the end was just like, really? For once I felt like the game was more revolved around the storyline than previous games where you basically collected the badges and every now and then you ran into Plasma. This time they were in your face and I think it really helped the game stay interesting and new.

Then they just went and ruined it.

Years
    • Seen Nov 6, 2017
    never really thought abut it that way but now that i think about it, im alittle less satisfied with the ending. i think they shouldve expanded more with your stay at the castle, since i basically just healed and then fought N. i personally liked the ending where N left, Im hoping he makes a return in the next game, maybe as an ally now.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    It was kind of blatantly pointed out that Team Plasma were Bad People who don't care about Pokémon in the Munna cutscene.

Back