• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen English Release Date Discussion [EU - March 4, US - March 6, AUS - March 10]

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Awww, I want it to be closer to my birthday! ...though like, 12 days off for America would mean like, 8 days before my bday for Australia... could work.

Yeah I want a March release, hoping it's not true.~

TRC also saw that flier at gamestop... so there is more than one date? XD Confusing stuff.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    I'd only believe it if I see said flyer myself (all that seems to be known atm is 'oh someone saw this flyer'), and even then it coming from gamestop makes me sceptical, because hey, lots of game dates ave been declared by gamestop people before that ended up false, including for previous Pokemon games.
    Oh Nintendo why do you take so long to release games like seriously you got so many people working for you and you take like 7 Months!
    Although they do take their time they don't try to rush it for one (in case of mistakes or the such) and there's more than translating involved as well - bug checking and external country approval systems to go through as well, hence the timely process. Nintendo isn't the only group of people involved with this.

The Red Chain

It could just be -that- Gamestop's release date and not necessarily everywhere else's release date.
    They could follow up everywhere else sometime before or after -that- Gamestop's supposed release date.
    The flier for here definitely said March 20th though, I even took a 7-take just to make sure. XDD

But it's pretty much definite for early Spring release no matter what due to Zoroark's movie coming out in English in a matter of a couple months, and the past games being released in English in early Spring.
    March or April, it doesn't matter either way to me as long as it's not a Fall wait like the Japanese releases. Ugh. x_x;

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I don't think any games have ever been released in fall other than gen I (I think it was released in September...) so that's 100 % unlikely :)
    Yeah March or April, but March is better, I will have more time to play it...

dithyrambos

PHANTOM girl
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2012
    Serebii says "various retail stores have begun receiving display boxes for Pokémon Black & White." Hopefully this means we'll see a release fairly soon! I haven't seen any myself... but I'll be going back to GameStop on Wednesday, so I'll be on the look out for them then ( though I doubt I'll actually see any. It's not like I WORK at GS ).

I'm still hoping for a February release. >_>

Meduza

Majestic Dawn
    Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2014
    Bulbapedia can't know for sure.

But Diamond and Pearl was released in April in North America.

But since both Platinum,Heartgold and Soulsilver were released March, I think this trend will continue.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I was just reading stories on PokeBeach and I saw that on a calendar sent out to people in the official tournament's or... work for it, idk, but apparently it's annual. Anyway, it has March 6th and March 4th highlighted. Interestingly, March 6th is a sunday. Since we're mostly going by Sundays, aka US release dates, that means it could possibly be a release date, or some relation to B/W.

As a result, we have possible dates of:
    March 6 - Annual Calendar
    March 20 - TRC saw the sticker at GameStop
    April 17 - GameStop employees

Otherwise everything else is just speculation. I'm thinking we'll probably get a release date really soon, or maybe in January? :(

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I was just reading stories on PokeBeach and I saw that on a calendar sent out to people in the official tournament's or... work for it, idk, but apparently it's annual. Anyway, it has March 6th and March 4th highlighted. Interestingly, March 6th is a sunday. Since we're mostly going by Sundays, aka US release dates, that means it could possibly be a release date, or some relation to B/W.

As a result, we have possible dates of:
    March 6 - Annual Calendar
    March 20 - TRC saw the sticker at GameStop
    April 17 - GameStop employees

Otherwise everything else is just speculation. I'm thinking we'll probably get a release date really soon, or maybe in January? :(
    I'm really hoping it's option on :)
    Well Gamestop gives out a lot of place holders so maybe they are still guessing seeing as Nintendo has yet to announce anything...

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I wouldn't feel right placing too much fate in a gamestop release date, surely if it's coming from them it's just an inaccurate guess?

blue

gucci
    Years

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
    All I'm sure of is that they are going to be released very soon after my birthday, which means I can't get it as a gift :'( but maybe I can get somebody to preorder it as a gift?

Ultraviolence

alt account for Eros
    Years
    • Age 28
    • UK
    • Seen Sep 3, 2019
    If it's bought out mid March I'll cry. Thats my birthday and I usually get a Pokémon game then. Kinda hoping Jan or Feb but beggars can't be choosers.

blue

gucci
    Years
    Hope it's March, simply cos' it's earlier than April :) also, I'm from UK so I might pre-order from US depending on the difference in release dates.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Interesting, they took out Black and White from the rotational wheel on the actual Pokemon site.

That could mean that either there won't be more English names announced for a while, or them preparing a new rotational wheel item for the release date announcement. If so, and it IS the 17th of April, then they'll probably be announcing it towards the end of January, but if in March, then probably towards the start, because I'm pretty sure they need to have a time period in between when the games are released and before the actual release date.

Princess Diana

the people's princess
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    If it's going to be released in conjunction with the 3DS, will the "DSi Enhancement" or whatever it is be carried on to the 3DS?

dithyrambos

PHANTOM girl
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2012
    I kind of think it's fantastically inappropriate for them to release PKMN B/W concurrently with the 3DS. I mean, I REALLY want a 3DS, and had I asked for $90 cash for Christmas ( instead of $90 towards a pre-order ), I'd probably be able to afford one. I KNOW I'd be able to afford it if I traded in my DSi. But, there's no way I'm going to buy a 3DS over the new Pokemon games, and I'm sure many other people feel the same way.

I understand it's kind of silly to hold back the release of new hardware because there is still software being released for previous systems, but this isn't some third-party game we're talking -- it's Pokemon, which almost always ( actually, always? ) sells millions of games. Like Mario, Zelda, and some other Nintendo staples, this game rakes in a ton of cash. Every time.

It's got me thinking that we'll see B/W after Ninty releases the 3DS. By the time the games come out, everyone who already hasn't bought the system probably won't buy it for awhile/are content with their DS/DS Lite/DSi/DSi XL.

Also, I've heard that Ninty had a problem with supplying enough Wii's to meet the demands for the system during it's first year or so. Releasing large titles like Pokemon B/W will almost guarantee DS owners will be content with their systems ( and not buy a 3DS.... just yet ) long enough for them to produce another batch of 3DS systems.

OR. Maybe they'll release it before the 3DS? Kind of like one of the last big games released on the DS line of systems before developers of these cash-cow franchises move on the the 3DS. ( It's safe to say the next BIG games probably will be on the 3DS, 'cause these developers have the money and time really isn't an issue. ) I can't really think of any other reasons to support this theory.....

And now I'm realizing that my entire posts supports a March/April release ( despite my intent being to support a February release ).

ETA: Oh, wait. Is the "D"-word, so to speak, a swear word? I don't want to break any rules or nething.

Last edited:

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Oh wooow this is good. XD; I kind of expected it to be released sometime in March but then I was thinking February could have a chance. I am pretty excited now. 8D

Back