• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Envy

кιd

кιd!
Years
  • The feeling of envy, its a common thing that (I'm certain) everyone had gone through before.
    We've all envied something that our friend just got or maybe even someone's mere appearance!

What kind of things have made you envy one another?
    What makes you feel so?

Personally, I've experienced the feeling of envy quite often lately, whether it be something "big" or something "small". I find this rather annoying, as I can't seem to overcome that feeling. There's always something that makes me feel that way, hopefully I'll be able to get over it though.
    I might be confusing envy with jealousy though, but I might be wrong. @_@

Rolling Pichu

IV XV VII
    Years
  • Sometimes I get a little envy from watching a film or listening to an album I really love, like I wished I'd done something as great as that.

But it comes with inspiration too. In the end it makes me work harder.

Lt_Nite

GnR for life!
    Years
  • As Twilight Sky said I really try to avoid envy, specially towards a friends, why should I be that way when they are my friends, I should be happy for them and want them to have something that makes them happy even if I don't have it.

emoBill™

† мазохист †
    Years
  • I tend to envy peoples' personalities if they're good.
    I find myself wishing I could be like that.
    But then I just try as hard as I can to be something like that.
    It's good for motivation :3

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
  • Oh yeah, I've always been really bad about that.

Recently I haven't been so bad, though. But it's still very present.

Envying girls that are beautiful, envying natural talent, envying straight A students, envying people who are in relationships, envying people who live in places with better (in other words, colder and less bipolar) weather, etc.

However recently I've come to envy those who have little to complain about, those with more normal lives, and my past self. My past self had a more normal life and so little to complain about. I want to go back to that life, and I want to appreciate what I have this time around... But "this time around" isn't happening...

One of the things mentioned above doesn't even apply to me anymore. Natural talent I do not envy anymore, because I've realized that I was wrong all along and that maybe this natural talent that I thought existed isn't as prevalent as I used to think and that I just need to shut up and work harder... Because I never worked hard enough to get to my full potential. It was all my fault.

But the rest of them still do apply, just to a smaller extent. They all come in waves, really. Especially the relationship thing...

Years
  • I usually only envy, and I mean really envy, people who have things they don't appreciate that I would.

If someone really enjoys what they have I tend to feel more in sync with them, more sympathetic. I can see we're alike. I feel like being envious would be like wishing it away from them just for my selfish sake and I can't want something feeling like I'd be taking it away from someone who wants to keep it just as much.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • I envy a person who gets along with a certain person better than I do.

I also envy my sisters when my parents give them whatever they want and I get nothing at all -_-;

Years
  • i envy people who have quick metabolism, but on the other hand it does me me feel better when i eat better things other than just eat crap.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
  • I can't really think of anyone that I envy. I mean, my life may not be hugely exciting, but I'm pretty content with how I'm living it. Maybe I could stand to do more stuff to help others and a bit more free time would be nice, but other than that, I'm quite happy with my life.

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Apr 21, 2011
    I've never really felt attractive, so I've always been envious of beautiful girls.

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
    Years
  • I either envy people who are smarter and younger than me or I respect people who are older and smarter.

I know that its not a good habit, but it has helped me learn more in some ways. XD

Left4Dead

Are you mental in the face?
    Years
  • Whenever I see all these actors on TV it makes me a bit envious, I try not to be, but when it's something you want most in the world, something you're trying to achieve and know that you're just not good enough, it's hard not to feel envy.

Sometimes I get envious at small things, like for example... My brother and I play this computer game, and he's played it a bit more than me an now he's starting to get really good, an I feel envious of how fast he's catching up to me (even though he's played it more I'm still better) I hate playing it with him because of how good he is getting but then I turned it around and made it a challenge, I always said I would never let him be better than me at anything. So now I take a little time out every few days to play the game an get more practice in, so instead of feeling envy, I turned it around and now seeing him getting better motivates me and drives me to become even better!

firestormx19

i'm never loging in again.
    Years
  • i envy pokemon rom hackers. i always wish i could get a hack made as great as the ones they made. like pokemon quartz and pokemon orange islands. they are so awesome.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I get wondering what a given thing feels like for the opposite sex and tend to become envious of them.
    Nothing else.

Back