• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Error Opening Editor

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2022
    When I try opening the editor in Pokemon Essentials, I get this error:

Exception: RuntimeError
    File PBS/items.txt, line 638

Compiler:369:in `csvfield!'
    Compiler:517:in `pbGetCsvRecord'
    Compiler:490:in `each'
    Compiler:490:in `pbGetCsvRecord'
    Compiler:1612:in `pbCompileItems'
    Compiler:1611:in `pbCompilerEachCommentedLine'
    Compiler:271:in `each_line'
    Compiler:271:in `pbCompilerEachCommentedLine'
    Compiler:268:in `open'
    Compiler:268:in `pbCompilerEachCommentedLine'

I can't figure out what the problem is. Does anyone else know?

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    This is a new one, but my guess is that you have an uneven amount of quotation marks (")
    Can you post the line in question?

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    That's not the full line, there should be a few more commas in that line, with numbers specifying the usage of the item.
    Also, Word doesn't have the line count same way. To get the line, open it up in Notepad, turn off Word Wrap (Format>Word Wrap), then Click "Edit>Go To..." (or hit CTRL + G). Type in line 638 in the box that appears. Copy that line and paste it here.

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2022
    Type in line 638 in the box that appears. Copy that line and paste it here.

Oh! I found the problem.
    The line was:
    645,DECIDIUMZ,Decidium Z,Decidium Z,1,0,"It converts Z-Power into crystals that upgrade Decidueye?s Spirit Shackle to an exclusive Z-Move."1,0,0,
    There should have been a comma after the closing quotation mark.
    Thanks for the help!

Years
    • Age 21
    • Seen Nov 28, 2022
    Oh! I found the problem.
    The line was:
    645,DECIDIUMZ,Decidium Z,Decidium Z,1,0,"It converts Z-Power into crystals that upgrade Decidueye?s Spirit Shackle to an exclusive Z-Move."1,0,0,
    There should have been a comma after the closing quotation mark.
    Thanks for the help!

You should've posted this in my SM Pack's thread, since I'm 99.5% sure this is from there. And yes, this was a known issue. It has been posted there before. I haven't actually changed it yet, but you should always look for your error in the thread you get something form; it may already be answered.

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2022
    You should've posted this in my SM Pack's thread, since I'm 99.5% sure this is from there. And yes, this was a known issue. It has been posted there before. I haven't actually changed it yet, but you should always look for your error in the thread you get something form; it may already be answered.
    I didn't realize that the problem had to do with the pack. I'll keep that in mind for the future, though.

Back