• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Map] Error with Advance Map

Years
    Hey, so I got this error.

Does... anyone have any idea what it is?

I do not know why I cannot suddenly save things because I'm "not allowed" to.

Wtaf. Unless somehow I've accidentally given it permisson to read/write some files.

Attachments

• Error with Advance Map
      adm.png
      69.5 KB · Views: 47
    Last edited:
    Years
    Hey, so I got this error.

Does... anyone have any idea what it is?

I do not know why I cannot suddenly save things because I'm "not allowed" to.

Wtaf. Unless somehow I've accidentally given it permisson to read/write some files.

I believe you are inserting maps? It will only take up space and eventually break the game.
    Check whether it is only happening with this map. Restarting your PC simply works, but to fix this, delete all the map connections with this map and add them again.

Years
    • Seen today
    @PokeChu
    How will inserting maps ''eventually break the game''? A lot of ROM hacks wouldn't even be possible to be made without the function to insert (and at the same time add) new maps to the ROM.

Agreed, AdvanceMap doesn't have a spotless reputation concerning adding maps and level scripts. But if you use the tool with caution, with regular back-ups, you should be fine.

@ROMhacker254
    I don't know about this specific problem. My advise would be to go back to an older back-up and insert it again.

Years
    @PokeChu
    How will inserting maps ''eventually break the game''? A lot of ROM hacks wouldn't even be possible to be made without the function to insert (and at the same time add) new maps to the ROM.

Agreed, AdvanceMap doesn't have a spotless reputation concerning adding maps and level scripts. But if you use the tool with caution, with regular back-ups, you should be fine.

@ROMhacker254
    I don't know about this specific problem. My advise would be to go back to an older back-up and insert it again.

I am of the same opinion. But I merely suggested it because I had my own experience with it, and the outcome was... interesting. So a simple heads-up.
    But concerning the Access Violation Map Error, I believe deleting map connections and inserting them again will solve the problem. If it doesn't, you will have to start from a back-up.

Years
    So the map is in the game, and the first few times I tested it, it worked completely fine, as in, I could still warp back to the League Gate, but since I've changed the music for the area multiple times; (because even though its an English ROM, for some reason all of the music titles are in French, AND they're not the correct titles for the songs...) The warp has stopped working.
    I guess with this problem I'll use one of my back-up roms.

Oh yeah, and I couldn't make a new title for the map, instead it changed Pallet Towns name into Route 28, and there's no pop up for the actual route.

Besides that the area and wild pokemon work fine.

Attachments

• Error with Advance Map
      wut.PNG
      6.1 KB · Views: 9
    • Error with Advance Map
      Pokemon - FireRed hack 1 - Copy (2).png
      6.9 KB · Views: 6
    Back