• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen [Escavalier] vs Accelgor

Who do you choose?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

johnny18

Kiss Me Like It's Do or Die
Years
  • Escavalier for me as I love its design from the first time I see it XD
    Accelgor is cool too but it is just not my type lol

Years
  • Escavalier for the win. Accelgor looks really dumb, and plus I have an epic experience with Escavalier. It was my first shiny in B/W.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    ESCAVALIER. <3

Really I don't have anything else to say, lol. It was my initial favorite of BW, and probably still is in my top 3. I wish it were easier to get/train in-game but it's still really awesome and fabulously bulky and strong. 8D

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Ugh, I remember when this was asked in PG and I struggled to come up with an answer then. Apart from Heracross/Volcarona, I just don't do Bug types. I don't care for any of these critters' designs. None of their movepools appeal. Gun to head, I'd go with Accelgor as it's apparently super-speedy, which is a plus with me. But I really don't care for either of them.

NidoJosh

Unleash your inner Nidocity
    Years
  • Has to be Escavalier for me.
    [Escavalier] vs Accelgor

Having not used any of these I looked up their sets on smogon.
    Accelgor boasts a spikes set and a life orb set.
    With terrible defences I doubt Accelgor could get more then two layers down.
    There are much better spikers out there.

While Escavalier has a choice band set with a mean attack stat to back it up.
    Maybe he could work well under a trick room?

Anyway both Pokemon seem to have been screwed over a tad with their movepools but yeah my vote is for Escavalier

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
    Years
  • First off, metal/bug type is great! Only one weakness, fire, and a whole bunch of resistances (9, to be exact, plus one immunity). Bug types have three weaknesses and three resistances.

Also, Escavalier may have a high attack base stat, but he also has very high defense and special defense stats (105 each). Accelgor may have speed, and a decent special attack, but it very vulnerable with its weak defense.

Now, let's look at the designs. I will base them off the BW sprites:

[Escavalier] vs Accelgor

[Escavalier] vs Accelgor

Accelgor just lacks concept clarity; I don't get ninja at all from the sprite. It looks like it is a straight-jacket without legs, and then a red/green snail shell on its head, that has what appears to be a black crack the front of the shell? Escavalier has a great design! He has the knights helmet with a jutting steel jaw, and he has two jousts for arms; underneath it all, you can still see the Karrablast-like face. I also love the red stripes along the lances. This was by far the easiest poll for B/W!

I chose....Escavalier!

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • I used Escavalier through out my playthrough and was quite fond of it's high attack power. And the design is more appealing then the "supposed" ninja looking bug of Accelgor. I have yet to use Accelgor so I really can't speak to how it is battle wise, but the design and typing have something life to be desired. Much like Druddigon the head color seems to conflict with the rest of the bodies color. Although I do like Druddigon a good deal more then Accelgor. And I was hoping the typing would have been Bug/Ghost or Bug/Dark not the generic Bug.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
  • I would have to go with... Escavalier. Never used either, but I've had tougher experiences with Escavalier than I've had with Accelgor. Plus, I don't understand Accelgor's design as well as Escavalier's.

Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2014
    In terms of competitive battling definitely Escavalier.
    In terms looks and designs also Escavalier. Because lets face it Accelgor just looks plain creepy while Escavalier is a freakin Knight!

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Uuuuuh if I had to choose one I think I'll choose Accelgor. I don't like knights at all and I love ninjas, and he's a cute snail kind of thing.

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
    Years
  • Escavalier, accelgor is too frail for my liking.
    Plus knights are cooler than ninjas :D

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2012
    I dislike both of these. The designs creep me out, frankly, and I think I would avoid both of them for that reason. So... I abstain?

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I'd have to go with Accelgor since I like the design concept better than Escavalier's. I haven't used any of the two within the games but I'd probably lean towards having Accelgor on my team more. Don't get me wrong though, Escavalier is awesome.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • I never used one of them other than receiving it after trading with my friends to evolve one. I'm going to have to lean over towards Escavalier side because of it's wicked design.

:t354:TG

Yanma

Yanma
    Years
  • I go with Escavalier. It have better use competitively, most in the Trick Room teams. Also he have better defences, which is good to kill oponents. If I need a fast Bug, I might chose Scolipede or Ninjask.

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
    Years
  • I love ninjas, but Escavalier is just so much of a BAMF I couldn't not vote for it. Its typing is meh and its Speed is worse - I'd never train one myself as I have no patience for anything with such limited sweeping capability, lmao - but I do love its design and concept. Accelgor's pretty neat too, to be honest. I'll still take Escavalier, though.

14Henderson7

Poke'Maniac
    Years
  • If I really liked Attack that much, I would choose Escavalier. But honestly, I like hitting fast and hard. Accelgor's Speed and Sp. Atk cover that.

Vote: Accelgor.

P.S. For the longest time...I thought Accelgor evolved into Escavalier. Then did research.

Back