• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen [Escavalier] vs Accelgor

Who do you choose?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
    • Seen May 21, 2012
    Escavalier. <3

Accelgor is cool too, though. But I love Escavalier's design much more.

DarkWolf13

Battle Subway Editor
    Years
  • I say Escavalier. Accelgor may be very speedy but is weak in physical defense. Escavalier can learn Aerial Ace and I think is the strongest Bug type in physical attack. An Aerial Ace from an Escavalier will take down Accelgor (maybe instantly).

The Lord of Smug
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Oct 17, 2013
    I picked Escavalier because he was my favorite pokemon for a while.

Also, just wanted to point something out.

In the OP, you said Accelgor is the fastest of all Bugs.

That's actually Ninjask.

NidoJosh

Unleash your inner Nidocity
    Years
  • I say Escavalier. Accelgor may be very speedy but is weak in physical defense. Escavalier can learn Aerial Ace and I think is the strongest Bug type in physical attack. An Aerial Ace from an Escavalier will take down Accelgor (maybe instantly).

Aerial Ace is a flying type move :3
    The strongest physical bug type move is Megahorn (excluding Fury Cutter's potential)

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Indeed, although I didn't vote, I'm pretty sure I'd have voted for Escavalier. Unstickying & making winner stand out. Ya'll are free to continue to post! Oh, and Kaori should have the next poll up soon. :)

blue

gucci
    Years
  • That's a good one and a tough one, they're both equally good in general, I really don't know, probally escavalier just because I'm currently training one.

Nijiri

Manectric Fangirl.
    Years
  • Knights vs. Ninjas? Aww, what happened to the old Pirates vs. Ninjas? Just kidding.

I chose Escavalier because I think its design was pretty cool; I wanted one as soon as I saw the artwork & sprites of it before the game came out. Even though if it has horrible luck with fire types, it has a lot of defenses to it along with its attack in its arsenal. Sure, Accelgor can be way faster than Escavalier, but it's pretty fun to have a jousting knight in your team kicking butt. No offense to Accelgor fans, though.

Years
  • I love both of these two, Escavalier is one of the first B/W designs I fell in love with instantly, over time I warmed up to Accelgor.
    I would have to go with Escavalier, as I prefer attack over special attack.. wouldn't count Accelgor out though.
    Two awesome bug types.

Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2012
    It doesn't make any sense to me that Shelmet evolves into Accelgor and Karrablast evolves into Escavalier; I understand that there is a Karrablast inside the Escavalier, but Shelmet is such an obvious predecessor to him.

I think it would be more appropriate if Shelmet + Karrablast evolved into Escavalier and Accelgor was a stand alone Pokemon, but obviously, such things do not exist within the rules of Pokemon (except in the case of Regigigas using special rules).

At first I liked Accelgor more, but then Escavalier grew on me, but ultimately I had to acknowledge that I like Accelgor more by far.

Obviously he serves a sort of specialty purpose, who is best used wasting other Pokemon's high speed scores by having a higher speed score; with only four bug type moves though, most of them weak or physical, his bug type is wasted, without other special bug type moves like Signal Beam or Silver Wind.

I think the design on both of them is pretty poor, for example, Escavalier is full of flinch moves, which only really makes sense in a Trick Room set-up, which is an ability that he doesn't possess; the gameplay is just too cheeky for me to admire.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jul 14, 2021
    Although I really like both, I will choose Escavalier because I like knights more than Ninjas.
    :P

Ritzz

Bazinga
    Years
  • Although I'm currently training Accelgor, I'll have to go with Escavalier. Cooler design, and better movepool.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Accelgor is one of the rare decent pure bug-types, and I already prefer Scizor for the bug-steel combo.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Escavalier always appealed to me. It was on my team! It reminds me of a jouster because of those sword hand things! I was always fascinated by medieval times, so therefore, because of that, I prefer Escavalier.

Back