• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Espeon Vs Alakazam

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2005
    First off im having trouble getting the espion, he is level 41 and still isnt happy and wont evolve(I am in ruby version). Second I want a psychic on my team to beat my friends Alakazam is Espeon a good choice, What moves should i give him. thank you in advanced. :bandit:

CipherDakim12

Don't mess with this baby...
    Years
    Yes, because Espeons Attack and Defense Stats are quite better. Shall I compared a Espeon to Alakazam statwise?

[email protected]
    Stats:
    HP-240
    Attack-84
    Defense-88
    Sp. Atk-320
    Sp. Def-220
    Speed-290

Espeon@Lv. 100
    Stats:
    Attack-150
    Defense-145
    Sp. Atk-320
    Sp. Def-230
    Speed-280

See my point? Espeon is great! Always choose it over Alakazam. Its stats make a real difference.

Squarewalker

Have a nice day.
    Years
    CipherDakim12 said:
    Yes, because Espeons Attack and Defense Stats are quite better.

Neither of them need any attack. Even though Espeon's defense is better, Alakazam is a better sweeper: has more speed. You probably haven't done the EV training for them.

CipherDakim12 said:
    Espeon is great! Always choose it over Alakazam. Its stats make a real difference.

Alakazam can learn the elemental punches. It has a better movepool. Just because Espeon has a bit better defenses and sp.attack, Alakazam will get almost unbeatable after 2 Calm Minds.

Alakazam@Salac berry
    Psychic
    Calm Mind
    Thunderpunch
    Fire Punch/Ice Punch

Espeon@Lefties
    Psychic
    Calm Mind
    Baton Pass
    Substitute

See the diffence? Espeon can't do anything against dark types like tyranitar and houndoom, while Alakazam can do a good damage to almost everything.

I prefer to use rather Alakazam because of that. Espeon doesn't counter Alakazam well.

Insanity Mawile

OGMWTFBBQTEHSTFU!!!!!!!!1
    Years
    torkoal_7 said:
    Neither of them need any attack. Even though Espeon's defense is better, Alakazam is a better sweeper: has more speed. You probably haven't done the EV training for them.

Alakazam can learn the elemental punches. It has a better movepool. Just because Espeon has a bit better defenses and sp.attack, Alakazam will get almost unbeatable after 2 Calm Minds.

Alakazam@Salac berry
    Psychic
    Calm Mind
    Thunderpunch
    Fire Punch/Ice Punch

Espeon@Lefties
    Psychic
    Calm Mind
    Baton Pass
    Substitute

See the diffence? Espeon can't do anything against dark types like tyranitar and houndoom, while Alakazam can do a good damage to almost everything.

I prefer to use rather Alakazam because of that. Espeon doesn't counter Alakazam well.
    Since Zam can't take hits physically trying to set up CM's might force the opponent to switch or use a physical attack.

Years
    Zam is always a better choice then espeon, if im not mistaken epeon is UU and Zam is OU, and since zam gets the elemental punches, and espeon dosent really get anything, zam owns even if the stats are lower.

husk1442

needs more [i]Mod[/i]
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 3, 2009
    Espeon is not UU, it would tear the metagame apart. Its only not OU because people don't realize how good it really is. It can set up on anything that abuses special attacks and BP it off to a sweeper perfectly, though actually attacking is does pale in comparison to alakazam

husk1442

needs more [i]Mod[/i]
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 3, 2009
    if espeon has Calm Mind+Sub or Bite or BP Alakazam really shouldn't (can't) destroy it

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2005
    Thanks

I finaly got him evolved and thanks for the suggestions on move sets..

Back