• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Espeon Vs Alakazam

Spike Razzor

"Don't argue, you failed..."
Years
  • Kazam, no contest. Kazam has far better Sp.Atk (369/405 > 359/394), Speed (339/372 > 319/350) and moveset. Espeons will most often run Psy, Cm, HP Water/Grass, and Baton Pass/Wish. Kazam on the other hand isn't as predictable and can mess up teams if it is using Trick. Kazam can also use more than one punch in its moveset, but what can Espeon do? Bite? Thats pathetic, it really is. As for this "Def" thing, it doesn't matter. A good 90% or so of all Psychic Pokemon has horrible physical defence (excluding Meta, Claydol and Lugia), so once again Espeon is stumped by Kazam.

Last edited:

Ham

asdf tl;dr
    Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2006
    Spike Razzor said:
    Kazam, no contest. Kazam has far better Sp.Atk (369/405 > 359/394),

Far? that's a small gap at best.

Speed (339/372 > 319/350)

all 'Zam's going to outrun now is just that Gengar down the street, which espeon matches, so unless thunderpunching Starmie is your life's dream, Espy's just fone

and moveset.

I disagree. Baton Pass is sexy beyond words.

Espeons will most often run Psy, Cm, HP Water/Grass, and Baton Pass/Wish.

Psychic, Substitute/HP Fire, Baton Pass, Calm Mind. this things a Bi*** to deal with if it gets a few CMs off.

Kazam on the other hand isn't as predictable and can mess up teams if it is using Trick.

trading items with one pokemon =/= ruining it. it makes skarm/bliss easier to deal with at best.

Kazam can also use more than one punch in its moveset, but what can Espeon do? Bite? Thats pathetic, it really is.

Psychic after 3 Clam Minds.

here's some damages for you:

Average Skarmory:
    Minimum Damage 75%
    Average Damage 81%
    Maximum Damage 88%

Blissey:
    Minimum Damage 40%
    Average Damage 43%
    Maximum Damage 47%

Average DDmence:
    Minimum Damage 128%
    Average Damage 140%
    Maximum Damage 151%

Average Metagross:
    Minimum Damage 30%
    Average Damage 33%
    Maximum Damage 35%

in other words, not pathetic, it really isn't.

if it had HP fire(which it should have if it carries a second attack move) Skarm and Metagross are screwed.

As for this "Def" thing, it doesn't matter.

yeah it does. why wouldn't it matter?

A good 90% or so of all Psychic Pokemon has horrible physical defence

# of evolved psychic types with at least 70 base: 20
    # of evolved psychic types: 32

and quite a few of those are at 60/65 base.

more like about 40% have horrible defense.

(excluding Meta, Claydol and Lugia), so once again Espeon is stumped by Kazam.

Espeon beats Alakazam everywhere else. speed is still high enough to pass everything as fast as Electrabuzz and matches Gengar, it can CM better, making it's SP.atk higher than Alakazam's, and Pass that Sp.atk to something like Zapdos and sweep a team.

you sir phail.

Zelos

*yawn*
    Years
  • Espeon is way better, and I;m not just saying that 'cause it's my fav pokemon.

Don't get me wrong, I like Alakazam and Espeon, I just think that Espeon is better, in my opinion anyway ^_^;

leafgreen386

Custom User Title. Wow.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2006
    Well, Espeon is better if you can pull off the CMs. It's a matter of pulling it off. Alakazam, of course, needs good prediction skills to CM up, as well, so what really matters is what you want to use it for. Espyjump is a BPing Special Tank (thus using a Calm nature, as you all know), and gets its power from CMs and protection from its Subs. Alakazam (imo) works best Modest, as it's meant to be an all out sweeper. If you've already got a Special Tank, then you should use Alakazam. If you need to fill the role that Espeon presents, you'll also need something worthy to pass to, but otherwise, it's their slightly different roles that determine which would be better for your team.

Spike Razzor

Years
  • Ham said:
    Far? that's a small gap at best.

Even if its Sp.Atk was only 1 above Espeon, then that could be what decides a match.

all 'Zam's going to outrun now is just that Gengar down the street, which espeon matches, so unless thunderpunching Starmie is your life's dream, Espy's just fone

You could match Dugtrio with Kazam, can't do that with Espeon since Dugtrio is often given a speed nature. Endeavor Swellow?

I disagree. Baton Pass is sexy beyond words.

D=

Psychic, Substitute/HP Fire, Baton Pass, Calm Mind. this things a Bi*** to deal with if it gets a few CMs off.

Whats with you people thinking you can magicly pull of 6 CM's in a serious battle? Most don't even get up to 3 before they faint.

trading items with one pokemon =/= ruining it. it makes skarm/bliss easier to deal with at best.

Kazam gives it to Espeon, which gets raped by the next Pokemon because it tries to power up with CM or Bite at Kazam.

Psychic after 3 Clam Minds.

here's some damages for you:

Average Skarmory:
    Minimum Damage 75%
    Average Damage 81%
    Maximum Damage 88%

Roar! lol! Failed

Blissey:
    Minimum Damage 40%
    Average Damage 43%
    Maximum Damage 47%

Tossed to death after 3 turns, lol!

Average DDmence:
    Minimum Damage 128%
    Average Damage 140%
    Maximum Damage 151%

OHKOed after +2, lol!

Average Metagross:
    Minimum Damage 30%
    Average Damage 33%
    Maximum Damage 35%

Mashed/Kaboom!

in other words, not pathetic, it really isn't.

if it had HP fire(which it should have if it carries a second attack move) Skarm and Metagross are screwed.

T-tar, dactyl owns you, even my fave Armaldo takes the s*** out it. Psy and HP fire alone can't do much, I would rather have a variety of moves to smack opponents with.

yeah it does. why wouldn't it matter?

Its too low to really defend itself from a strong physical attack, so its got a low chance of pulling off enough CM's to cause any real damage.

# of evolved psychic types with at least 70 base: 20
    # of evolved psychic types: 32

and quite a few of those are at 60/65 base.

more like about 40% have horrible defense.

Bleh! You get my point though.

Espeon beats Alakazam everywhere else. speed is still high enough to pass everything as fast as Electrabuzz and matches Gengar, it can CM better, making it's SP.atk higher than Alakazam's, and Pass that Sp.atk to something like Zapdos and sweep a team.

I'm telling you its a crappy Baton Passer, which the physical attacks do atleast 60% damage to you then it was all for nothing. This whole topic is like the one about Pidgeot or Swellow, no contest.

you sir phail.

Seriously, don't be a hypocrite...
    Espeon is UU possibly BL for a reason, I already gave you the facts so just get over it. Theres nothing you can do unless you all start using it more often, maybe then it can up its rank to high BL.

Last edited:

leafgreen386

Custom User Title. Wow.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2006
    Even if its Sp.Atk was only 1 above Espeon, then that could be what decides a match.
    lol There aren't any pokemon that come to mind right now that Alakazam 1-2HKOs that Espeon doesn't, so get over yourself.
    since Dugtrio is often given a speed nature.
    What drugs are you on? Jolly Duggy fails. It's appealing to less experienced players to have the +Spd nature because it'll outspeed more stuff, but it can't do any serious damage w/o an Adamant nature.
    Whats with you people thinking you can magicly pull of 6 CM's in a serious battle? Most don't even get up to 3 before they faint.
    Congratulations, Einstein. You win the 32 million dollar prize. Of course pokemon won't get off 6 CMs. They'll get off one or two, and then they'll sweep. Of course, with a pokemon like Espeon it's a matter of knowing when to deploy it. You clearly aren't going to be sending out your Espeon against your foe's physical sweeper, now are you? After a few CMs, it becomes near impervious (a bit of an overstatement, I know) to Special attacks. And then you keep getting more and more, until you BP to something else, or stay in to sweep. The point of Epsyjump is not to CM up and sweep, it's to CM up, sweep, and get outta there if you're in danger.

Kazam gives it to Espeon, which gets raped by the next Pokemon because it tries to power up with CM or Bite at Kazam.
    Substitute.
    Roar! lol! Failed
    Hit it on the switch in idiot.
    Tossed to death after 3 turns, lol!
    Ever heard of BP? Boah really likes to get that Sp.Atk to procede to FP Blissey and then drop the rest of their team.

OHKOed after +2, lol!
    The point of that was... ... ...?

Mashed/Kaboom!
    Oh yeah. Blow up on something with a Sub. Real clever.
    T-tar, dactyl owns you, even my fave Armaldo takes the s*** out it. Psy and HP fire alone can't do much, I would rather have a variety of moves to smack opponents with.
    BP! BP! BP! BP! BP!
    Espeon is UU possibly BL for a reason, I already gave you the facts so just get over it. Theres nothing you can do unless you all start using it more often, maybe then it can up its rank to high BL.
    Again, what drugs are you on? Espeon is high BL. It would own in the UU enviroment.

Spike Razzor

Years
  • A.Coz said:
    lol There aren't any pokemon that come to mind right now that Alakazam 1-2HKOs that Espeon doesn't, so get over yourself.

And Kazam clearly wins because it just does more damage, thanks for pointing that out =).

What drugs are you on? Jolly Duggy fails. It's appealing to less experienced players to have the +Spd nature because it'll outspeed more stuff, but it can't do any serious damage w/o an Adamant nature.

Dugtrio is ment to do a decent ammount of damage with its unuaully high speed. Otherwise Marrowak is just plain better.

Congratulations, Einstein. You win the 32 million dollar prize. Of course pokemon won't get off 6 CMs. They'll get off one or two, and then they'll sweep. Of course, with a pokemon like Espeon it's a matter of knowing when to deploy it. You clearly aren't going to be sending out your Espeon against your foe's physical sweeper, now are you? After a few CMs, it becomes near impervious (a bit of an overstatement, I know) to Special attacks. And then you keep getting more and more, until you BP to something else, or stay in to sweep. The point of Epsyjump is not to CM up and sweep, it's to CM up, sweep, and get outta there if you're in danger.

Substitute.

Nice one moron, you are outsped. When will you learn? lol.

Hit it on the switch in idiot.

Its powering up 3 times, again, when will you learn lol!

Ever heard of BP? Boah really likes to get that Sp.Atk to procede to FP Blissey and then drop the rest of their team.

Yes, boah is out there but supose this one is the D-dancing type? Or what if it just attacks you right away with its 400+ Atk powered Rockslide? And then theres the possibility of flinching and what not.

The point of that was... ... ...?

Again, Espeon was trying to reach +3, so it died before it could launch its attack/BP. Mence can start destroying with just +2. But with both of them having low defences anyways, it could go either way.

Oh yeah. Blow up on something with a Sub. Real clever.

Thats why good old Agility is there. It could mash to be safe, or see if some Skarm is on the other team.

BP! BP! BP! BP! BP!

Break sub, taunt, D-Dance and repeat taunt. Rockblast your stupid sub, or just take a hit from HP Bug if you try and CM.

Again, what drugs are you on? Espeon is high BL. It would own in the UU enviroment.

The the lack of them on NB, I always concidered it to be high UU, since it does have almost 400 sp.atk.

In GSC I can see Espeon defeating Kazam with Bite, but with the changes that RSE brought, I really don't see that happening anytime soon.

leafgreen386

Custom User Title. Wow.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2006
    And Kazam clearly wins because it just does more damage, thanks for pointing that out =).
    I think you misunderstood me. Zam does the same job KOing foes as Espeon does. So this point can be ignored, and we can focus on their differences. Hm?
    Dugtrio is ment to do a decent ammount of damage with its unuaully high speed. Otherwise Marrowak is just plain better.
    lol Arena Trap + base 120 Spd + Adamant nature = KOs. There isn't much that is going to outspeed Adamant Duggy and actually matter. 339 Spd is nothing to fool with. It still outspeeds base 100s with a +Spd nature. With an Adamant nature it does 214-251 to base 90s, but with a Jolly nature to the same pokemon it only does 195-229 damage. Not a big difference you say? Well, it can mean the difference between 2HKOing and 3HKOing Blissey.

Calculation Results (Jolly)
    Minimum Damage 45%
    Average Damage 49%
    Maximum Damage 53%

Calculation Results (Adamant)
    Minimum Damage 50%
    Average Damage 54%
    Maximum Damage 58%
    Nice one moron, you are outsped. When will you learn? lol.
    You got me there.
    Its powering up 3 times, again, when will you learn lol!
    What...? Oh. Sorry. Ever since I made a Subbing Alakazam set I've been getting the two confused. I appologise.

Yes, boah is out there but supose this one is the D-dancing type? Or what if it just attacks you right away with its 400+ Atk powered Rockslide? And then theres the possibility of flinching and what not.
    ... ... ... What? I think you misunderstood me... again. I was saying for you to pass to Boah. It gets a Sub (hopefully), a CM or two, and it can seriously sweep (as in, more than usual). It can down Blissey easily with FP, and everyone else falls one way or another to its other attacks.

Again, Espeon was trying to reach +3, so it died before it could launch its attack/BP. Mence can start destroying with just +2. But with both of them having low defences anyways, it could go either way.
    Just because it was trying to reach +3, doesn't mean it will do it. It BPs whenever it's in danger. If it happens to be in danger before it reaches 3, then so what? You've got at least one boost worth BPing, and if you're facing this DDMence in the example here then you should have a Sub up, too.

Thats why good old Agility is there. It could mash to be safe, or see if some Skarm is on the other team.
    Okay. No one switches an Espeon into a Metagross. The Metagross will be switched into it. That means Espeon will have a Sub up, and is free to get another CM off before BPing, or, if you really fear Metagross, BP right off the bat to something that can set up in front of/KO it.

Break sub, taunt, D-Dance and repeat taunt. Rockblast your stupid sub, or just take a hit from HP Bug if you try and CM.
    Once again, you weren't listening. Get out of there to something that will decimate (or at least scare off) whoever is in front of you. BP away from your opponent. Duh!

The the lack of them on NB, I always concidered it to be high UU, since it does have almost 400 sp.atk.
    But who uses a +Sp.Atk nature? It isn't meant to all out sweep. It's meant to tank. After a single CM and a Sub up, it can be very worthy of mention, as that gives it an easy springboard to get more. Given 2, it can be deadly. Once you reach the 3 in the situation Ham pointed out, if it can't kill you, whatever it BPs to will. The point of Espyjump is when you get into trouble, BP to something that can handle it, and make use of its CMs.
    In GSC I can see Espeon defeating Kazam with Bite, but with the changes that RSE brought, I really don't see that happening anytime soon.
    And since when was this an arguement saying who would win if they fought?

Ham

asdf tl;dr
    Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2006
    If I knew what anyone was talking about anymore I could argue something.

Spike, do it like A.coz and I are doing it.

Back