• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Espurr or Aerodactyl?

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2015
    My team so far is froakie,bulbasaur,pancham,sylveon,growlithe and espurr. But i can't decide on if i should switch espurr with aerodactyl or not, any advice would be great. i plan on teaching espurr thunderbolt and the only real reason i need aerodactyl for is fly, But it's a great move plus it learns iron-head and i would teach it stone edge. so what is more useful/helpfull?

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
    Years
  • First you may want to develope your team to start and see where you go from there. Also Sky Drop is a much better move than Fly because it will do the same thing only you wouldnt be caught in Protect bait.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Aerodactyl would be a better choice, I think. It's fast, and could strike very hard hits. It might be four-times effective against ice, but you'd have Greninja to protect you from them once Froakie evolves, and also Arcanine. :] Before proceeding, though, you should also take Adrian's advice and complete your team before you make further changes.

Noir

Sir Lucious Left Foot
    Years
  • From the layout of your team, Aerodactyl would /probably/ be the better choice just because it can deal with the later leaders easier and can probably solo Team Flare. Easy Heart Scale farming gives it all the elemental fangs + Iron head for options alongside your basic rock/flying moves, but you should see what you want for your 6th pokemon first just in case it changes how you feel about Aero and Espurr. But as a wise man once said: Why not use both? ;)

Years
  • I agree with most of the others, Aerodactyl is one of the best Flying and Rock-types in the game given it's fast and a solid strong physical attacker plus it's one of those Pokemon you don't have to wait until postgame to obtain its Mega Stone (Aerodactyl's Mega Stone is obtained in the fossil lab in Ambrette Town) and as Rauzo said, once you get to the Move Relearner in Dendemille Town (which is around after the 6th Gym) you can get some really good moves for it. You can revive Aerodactyl from an Old Amber, which are found through smashing rocks in Glittering Cave, although sometimes Onix and Dwebble may show up as well.

Espurr is pretty solid Psychic-type, and I used Meowstic in my playthrough which did its job pretty well I have to say. Although I think the female might be slightly better in-game given she gets some extra attacks and I don't usually do defensive play in-game that much. The two different gendered Meowstic both learn some different moves leveling up, so take some consideration into which one would suit better.

Both are useful on their own, it just depends which one suits your team better.

Back