• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Essential listening/watching?

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    You are being placed under house arrest for at least one year. You will not be allowed in or out of this house for the entire year, possibly longer. Once you are in the house no materials will be allowed in or out of the house except for essential living items. You are allowed a television and a CD player with a stereo system. However, you are only allowed to choose 5 albums and 5 DVDs/VHS to take into the house with you and will only have these choices for your entire duration in the house.

What albums do you pick and what videos do you pick?
    You can choose a television series and get all the DVDs for each season and have it count as one choice, for example if you chose Lost you would be given the DVDs for all 6 seasons and still have 4 choices left over. This does not extend to films.

Ayselipera

This is such a hard, but great question. The music part being especially hard since I usually disregard complete albums and just pick out a few songs. Either way I'll still think up something.

So for albums I would go with...
    ~ Oracular Spectacular - MGMT
    ~ Siamese Dream - The Smashing Pumpkins
    ~ Licensed To Ill - Beastie Boys
    ~ The Velvet Underground & Nico - The Velvet Underground
    ~ The Nutcracker - Tchaikovsky (I don't know if that would be considered an "album", but I'd need some classical pieces to relax to at some point.)

- DVDs
    ~ All seasons of Family Guy
    ~ All seasons of South Park
    ~ Forrest Gump
    ~ The Red Violin
    ~ Stand By Me

Reasons: All the albums above were chosen because those are the bands/songs I listen to the most. Not including The Nutcracker, I just need something to relax to every once and a while. I went with the full seasons of both South Park and Family Guy because they're quick, entertaining, and each have many episodes for me to go through multiple times. (I'm trying to cut out boredom.) I then went with Forrest Gump because I've seen it a million times and I figure a few more times wouldn't bore or kill me. Stand By Me is just one of my most favorite movies along with The Red Violin.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    pfft in my dreams.

albums (assuming this excludes homemade mp3 cd mixes):
    the soundtrack of UP - something uplifting that, although i don't constantly listen to, i crave every so often.
    Cerulean by Baths - i cant explain why i just have to have it with me
    Soundtrack of RENT - so i have something to sing to!
    Cee-Lo's Cee-Lo Green... Is The Soul Machine - i'm not sure i could survive even a day without his voice
    Begin To Hope by Regina Spektor - or her's

dvds etc:
    all seasons of Weeds
    all seasons of Lost - Weeds and Lost, i'll need a whole lot of drama and suspense to keep me occupied, even if i've seen it all before.
    all seasons of Hey Arnold - really had to debate between Hey Arnold and Arrested Development; picked Hey Arnold because i could probaby recite AD by heart from episode 1
    Seven Pounds - totally random but necessary for when i'd need a good cry and an even better soundtrack (it's my strategy to add a 6th album to my list of 5, clever huh)
    all seasons of Tim and Eric - i feel faggy for including so many shows but, i mean, a whole year...i'd need things that last. Tim and Eric just humor me like others can't

Purple Materia

Shape the future!
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Apr 12, 2014
    albums:
    Motionless in White - Creatures
    The Devil Wears Prada - With Roots Above And Branches Below
    Sleeping With Sirens - With Ears to See and Eyes to Hear
    Woe, Is Me - Number
    We Came As Romans - To Plant A Seed

dvds:
    Beavis and Butthead - all seasons
    Futurama - all seasons
    Ed, Edd, n' Eddy - all seasons
    South Park - all seasons
    King of the Hill - all seasons

Bologna

One might call me "hip"
    Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2014
    Albums:
    Revolver, The Beatles- You can never go wrong with the Beatles, and Revolver has Eleanor Rigby.. so it's the clear choice.
    Greatest Hits, of Journey- It's Journey... of course
    Dark Horse, Nickelback
    Viva la Cobra, Cobra Starship
    Hi Infidelity, REO Speedwagon- mostly because I'm in an REO Speedwagon mood right now.

DVDs:
    All seasons of:
    The Office- never fails to entertain me, and I'm pretty sure I could watch any episode multiple times for a long time without getting sick of it.
    Futurama- for the same reason as above
    Seinfeld- ditto
    House- step a little away from pure comedy, but House is just great anyways, so.
    Bones- this last one was between Fringe and Bones, but Fringe doesn't have as many seasons yet, and I haven't seen Bones in forever because when it moved to a different night a while back ago I didn't have those nights free, and then I didn't want to just come back to the show after missing so much. I still haven't taken the time to restart this series though... something I've been meaning to do.

Years
    • WA
    • Seen Jul 19, 2012
    Albums:
    Lunar Womb - The Obsessed
    Doolittle - Pixies
    Soup - Blind Melon
    Disintegration - The Cure
    Bug - Dinosaur Jr.

DVDs:
    Curb Your Enthusiasm - All Seasons
    Psych - All Seasons
    Seinfeld - All Seasons
    King Of The Hill - All Seasons
    The Big Lebowski

Years
    ALBUMS
    Somewhere at the Bottom of the River Between Vega and Altair - La Dispute
    Rather Ripped - Sonic Youth
    The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place - Explosions In The Sky
    Cloak and Cipher - Land of Talk
    Physical Graffiti - Led Zeppelin

La Dispute because that album has so many stories on it. Not to mention being perfect musically (apart from a select couple of instances involving chanting), the lyrics are amazingly good, particularly in Bury Your Flame. Rather Ripped is not my favourite Sonic Youth album but it has the first song I ever heard by them on it (Incinerate) which also happens to be my favourite SY song, and the rest of the album is a great listen. Explosions is self explanatory, they're instrumental and just beautiful. Land of Talk because it's catchy and I feel like I can listen to it ten times in a day without getting sick of it. Led Zeppelin for the variety, it probably wouldn't make my top 20 albums if I had to compile a list but I don't want to get bored only having post-2000 music in there.

DVDs
    The Bucket List (movie)
    How I Met Your Mother (series)
    Seinfeld (series)
    Survivor (all series)
    Bleach (series)

The Bucket List is my favourite movie and I could watch it to cheer myself up. How I Met Your Mother because I'm really enjoying it at the moment. Seinfeld because there's heaps of episodes of it and although I love the show I don't watch it often enough. Survivor because over something like twenty series there's countless episodes to watch which will last months. Bleach is there because although I've only seen the first season and haven't watched it in years I remember liking it and need variety (ie. it's a cartoon, so it's different).

Back