• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Essentials Modular Battle Scene (v18 + v19)

Years
  • if by 'Like that one' you mean a horde battle then you're out of luck, I don't know how sweet scent works. if you are encountering an actual error PLEASE REPORT IT BECAUSE I'M NOT PSYCHIC!

if you can't escape that means you either got Mean Looked (Very unlikely) or the pokemon you're testing with is too weak, it has nothing to do with my script's code or anything of the sort.

Sorry, my question was badly written :( and I should've have to give you details about it, sorry. I was trying to work on Sweet Scent script to give hordes instead of regular encounter, and I had an error about a "()" missing argument of something like that, but I managed to pull it through!

Okay so Sweet Scent works using the pbEncounter(enctype) script, which is basically used for all the static encounters, like Headbutt or RockSmash. this is the script:

Spoiler:

So, using this, I tried to make a version of it, but with your pbModWildBattle. My first try failed and that's when I posted that comment (The error was from this and not your script, sorry :c) and now that I got back from class I tried another thing and it works now<3

First of all, I did this script and placed it below pbEncounter(enctype)

Spoiler:

And then, you just have to go the Sweet Scent FieldMove section, search for:

Code:
    !pbEncounter(enctype)

And change it to:

Code:
    !pbEncounterS(enctype)

And it's done, with this you can have hordes on Pokémon Essentials :)

Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2023
    Sorry, my bad! My problem wasnt you cant escape. I wanted to dont let the player escape with a switch, but i already found the option, so i fixed it.
    Thanks

PD: My english isnt perfect

Ego13

hollow_ego
    Years
  • Hey there,

just because I got asked and found this issue:

There seems to be a line missing pbTrainerBattleCore(*args). There is an error saying
    undefined local variable or method `room_for_partner'
    This can be fixed by adding
    room_for_partner = (foeParty.length > 1)
    at line 1655.

Since I didn't dig deep into your code, this might not be the fix that is needed, so you might want to look into that. Just thought I'd let you know :)

Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2021
    Greetings, PDM20 here for another weird script. this time it's half cosmetic half functional. With the release of V18 we were told 'with some coding knowledge one could program in a higher number of battlers' so I did that. I've gone and modified the game to allow for those higher number of battlers (5 battlers per side is the limit) . simply download the Graphic Pack and place the text from the .rb file into your game's script editor, or if you're using a github build, slap it into a subfolder with other custom scripts. instructions on how to use are presented in the blurb at the top of the script itself. have fun!

v1.2.1
    here is a screen shot of a 3v5 just to show what happens:
    unknown.png

Hey is this script abandoned ? I mean it was said to get a compatibility update with ZUD plugin ? Sorry If I am saying something rude , I am asking this because I want to adapt this script ?

Pokeminer20

PDM20, Coder of Chaos!
    Years
  • Hey is this script abandoned ? I mean it was said to get a compatibility update with ZUD plugin ? Sorry If I am saying something rude , I am asking this because I want to adapt this script ?

I have said that, and it's true, there will eventually be an update plugin to make it compatible with ZUD, but I also want to add other compatibility options besides just ZUD, so I'm waiting for a few other popular scripts to be updated and tested before posting some rushed patch that'll break quick

Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2021
    I have said that, and it's true, there will eventually be an update plugin to make it compatible with ZUD, but I also want to add other compatibility options besides just ZUD, so I'm waiting for a few other popular scripts to be updated and tested before posting some rushed patch that'll break quick
    Oh so you are thinking about long term solution , Great keep it up cya until the next update.

Boxply

Decently Experienced Ruby Coder
    Years
    • He
    • Seen Aug 27, 2021
    is this compatible with v19? and v19 ZUD?

Pokeminer20

PDM20, Coder of Chaos!
    Years
  • Update to v2.0.0:
    The v19.1 Upgrade:
    Changelog:
    -Partner limit increased to match number of foes (5 trainers vs 5 Trainers)
    -2.0.0 works exclusively for V19.1 of essentials.
    -Plugin support for both EBDX and ZUD (Does not make EBDX and ZUD Compatible)
    -Native support for v4.0.0 of Party Plus

Edit: If you can't get more than 3 battlers when using this with ZUD, redownload the plugin

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 13, 2021
    Patch 2.0.1
    -Fixed standalone issue that would prevent the use of custom battles

So with this script we can use partners in max raid battles and custom 4 vs 4 dynamx trainers battles , right ?

Last edited by a moderator:

YashPokeFan123

#PokeFan
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2023
    Patch 2.0.1
    -Fixed standalone issue that would prevent the use of custom battles

Hi, I m getting this error while opening options screen.
    Spoiler:

and also this when setting this event - pbModWildBattle(3,:MEW,10,:CELEBI,10,:JIRACHI,10)

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Pokeminer20

PDM20, Coder of Chaos!
    Years
  • Hi, I m getting this error while opening options screen.
    and also this when setting this event - pbModWildBattle(3,:MEW,10,:CELEBI,10,:JIRACHI,10)

your first error suggests you've installed by scripts in the plugin folder, hence it's name being in brackets instead of a number like UI_Options. place the script like you would install a script for Essentials V18, if you get the same error I'll have to test Volseon's plugin for compatibility issues.

pbModWildBattle() has been renamed to pbModWildBat()
    rename the script call and you should be good. I've updated 2.0.1 to reflect this change since someone over on relic had the same issue

YashPokeFan123

#PokeFan
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2023
    your first error suggests you've installed by scripts in the plugin folder, hence it's name being in brackets instead of a number like UI_Options. place the script like you would install a script for Essentials V18, if you get the same error I'll have to test Volseon's plugin for compatibility issues.

pbModWildBattle() has been renamed to pbModWildBat()
    rename the script call and you should be good. I've updated 2.0.1 to reflect this change since someone over on relic had the same issue

First Option screen same error i paste the script above main.
    Spoiler:

second got this error
    Spoiler:

Pokeminer20

PDM20, Coder of Chaos!
    Years
  • Patch 2.0.2
    -Modified broken condition for custom battles
    -Updated compatibility with ZUD

Edit:
    -Option Menu Condensed (does not fix compatibility with Voltseon Pause Menu)

Last edited:

Pokeminer20

PDM20, Coder of Chaos!
    Years
  • First Option screen same error i paste the script above main.

second got this error

Option screen error comes from a compatibility issue in Voltseon Pause Menu. I'll talk to them about an update to patch this.

second error was miss coding on my end. download 2.0.2

Last edited:

YashPokeFan123

#PokeFan
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2023
    Option screen error comes from somewhere else this time. it stared with volseon last time, implying you were in the overworld, second time it was from multisaves, meaning load/new game area. the fact that you get the same base error means either there's a compatibility issue or you've modified my script. I'll see what happens when I put Voltseon and Multi Save with EMBS to test later.

second error was miss coding on my end. download 2.0.2

I figure out the same pbModWildbat error came but i delete multiple saves
    and it got fixed. it means multiple saves is not comaptib with EMBS.

second got this errors while battling

Spoiler:

and

Spoiler:

got this while opening

pokemon menu

Spoiler:

Pokeminer20

PDM20, Coder of Chaos!
    Years
  • I figure out the same pbModWildbat error came but i delete multiple saves
    and it got fixed. it means multiple saves is not comaptib with EMBS.
    second got this errors while battling
    and
    got this while opening
    pokemon menu

Note how all of these are ZUD related, if you took the files in the [900] EMBS Compatibility folder and overwrote the base versions you have failed miserably at the installation level.

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2022
    Hey Guys,
    for me its not working with EBDX so well...every time i try to add more than 3 wild pokemon or more than 3 trainers i got an error and it crashed. Is that normal or did i something wrong?
    Maybe someone can add a project file where EBDX is implented and i can download a demo?

The Error Code:

[Pokémon Essentials version 19.1]
    [EBDX v1.2.2]

Exception: RuntimeError
    Message: Script error in event 11 (coords 15,28), map 7 (Cedolan City):
    Exception: NoMethodError

***Full script:
    pbModWildBat(5,:MEW,10,:CELEBI,10,:JIRACHI,10,:JIRACHI,10,:JIRACHI,10)

Backtrace:
    [Elite Battle: DX] Scene Battle.rb:141:in `block in initializeSprites'
    [Elite Battle: DX] Scene Battle.rb:138:in `each'
    [Elite Battle: DX] Scene Battle.rb:138:in `each_with_index'
    [Elite Battle: DX] Scene Battle.rb:138:in `initializeSprites'
    [Elite Battle: DX] Scene Battle.rb:93:in `pbStartBattle'
    172:Battle_StartAndEnd:270:in `pbStartBattleCore'
    [Modular] Essentials Modular Battle Scene v2.0.2.rb:789:in `pbStartBattle'
    [Modular] Essentials Modular Battle Scene v2.0.2.rb:1219:in `block (2 levels) in pbWildBattleCore'
    [Elite Battle: DX] Scene Battle.rb:437:in `pbSceneStandby'
    [Modular] Essentials Modular Battle Scene v2.0.2.rb:1218:in `block in pbWildBattleCore'

Backtrace:
    033:Interpreter:189:in `rescue in execute_script'
    033:Interpreter:135:in `execute_script'
    034:Interpreter_Commands:1024:in `command_355'
    034:Interpreter_Commands:116:in `execute_command'
    033:Interpreter:127:in `block in update'
    033:Interpreter:87:in `loop'
    033:Interpreter:87:in `update'
    032:Scene_Map:157:in `block in update'
    032:Scene_Map:155:in `loop'
    032:Scene_Map:155:in `update'

Last edited:

Pokeminer20

PDM20, Coder of Chaos!
    Years
  • Hey Guys,
    for me its not working with EBDX so well...every time i try to add more than 3 wild pokemon or more than 3 trainers i got an error and it crashed. Is that normal or did i something wrong?
    Maybe someone can add a project file where EBDX is implented and i can download a demo?

a crash report would be quite useful

Back