• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Essentials Modular Battle Scene (v18 + v19)

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2022
    Okay with fresh install of everything now it works :D
    But now i have another problem. Is this normal that the animations with ebdx buggy?
    Heres a Image of the battle when a pokemon uses a attack:

its probably a problem of resizes and camera. Oo
    Maybe you can help to fix that :D
    Thanks for this plugin, you did a great work for us!

Pokeminer20

PDM20, Coder of Chaos!
    Years
  • Okay with fresh install of everything now it works :D
    But now i have another problem. Is this normal that the animations with ebdx buggy?
    Heres a Image of the battle when a pokemon uses a attack:

its probably a problem of resizes and camera. Oo
    Maybe you can help to fix that :D
    Thanks for this plugin, you did a great work for us!

EBDX animations are... complicated... even more than regular animation. and I have no experience with either. sadly I won't be able to help with them, since I focus more on function rather than form. I heard a while ago that simple resizing the larger background animations to be bigger than the screen size should work, but don't quote me on that one.

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2022
    Yes resizing help :D Thanks for the tip :)
    how can i add a 5 wild mon battle to the random grass encounter?

Pokeminer20

PDM20, Coder of Chaos!
    Years
  • Yes resizing help :D Thanks for the tip :)
    how can i add a 5 wild mon battle to the random grass encounter?

natural wild battles in the grass requires additional modification. you first need to code for the ability to simply have a vs5 wild battle(assuming you want hoards) by adding a new grass terrain tag, then you need to overwrite the code that makes a wild battle occur. I can add compatibility for it in a future update but that'll be for a later date. you can mess with this code here to accomplish it:
    "def pbBattleOnStepTaken"

Pokeminer20

PDM20, Coder of Chaos!
    Years
  • HI can you fix this graphic glitch
    Image Link - https://ibb.co/fqTxQLd
    also does partner trainers also work if then what the command

If I knew how to fix the ability splash, believe me, I WOULD.
    as for parthners: pbRegisterPartner# replacing # with (A/B/C)
    ONLY use the modified versions if you want more than one partner, because it's untested and not meant to work without the base essentials version already in use

Years
  • Sorry if I sound silly, but I don't exactly know where do I have to add the PBS for EBDX compatibility :(
    Is it on the "Plugins" folder on PBS? Because I placed it there and it doesn't work...

Pokeminer20

PDM20, Coder of Chaos!
    Years
  • Sorry if I sound silly, but I don't exactly know where do I have to add the PBS for EBDX compatibility :(
    Is it on the "Plugins" folder on PBS? Because I placed it there and it doesn't work...

overwrite the one provided by EBDX with the one in I provide. it's [Game Folder]/PBS/EBDX

Years
  • overwrite the one provided by EBDX with the one in I provide. it's [Game Folder]/PBS/EBDX

Okay so I overwrote the files with the ones you provided (I added the "QUADRU" and "QUINTE" Vectors to my EBDX module, and the two classes to the battle core) and regular battles work, so the game is not breaking (Aganist Trainers and one-two wild Pokémon).

But when I try a battle aganist five Wild Pokémon, I get this error :(

Spoiler:

"Hordas" is how I called the Modular Battle Script, which I have above Main and below EBDX

Pokeminer20

PDM20, Coder of Chaos!
    Years
  • Okay so I overwrote the files with the ones you provided (I added the "QUADRU" and "QUINTE" Vectors to my EBDX module, and the two classes to the battle core) and regular battles work, so the game is not breaking (Aganist Trainers and one-two wild Pokémon).

But when I try a battle aganist five Wild Pokémon, I get this error :(

Spoiler:

"Hordas" is how I called the Modular Battle Script, which I have above Main and below EBDX

You have failed to add the modifications provided in the "Plugin Addon" properly. open the subfolder in the extractor of your choice, open the root of your games plugin folder, and simply Drag and drop "Elite Battle DX" to the plugin folder. if you overwrote ANY of the base EBDX scripts you have failed the install process and will need to reinstall Base EBDX first.

Years
  • You have failed to add the modifications provided in the "Plugin Addon" properly. open the subfolder in the extractor of your choice, open the root of your games plugin folder, and simply Drag and drop "Elite Battle DX" to the plugin folder. if you overwrote ANY of the base EBDX scripts you have failed the install process and will need to reinstall Base EBDX first.

The thing is...I'm using v18, so I do not have a Plugin folder :(. Maybe it's because this EBDX version is too old? Because I picked up a fresh Essentials version, just added Luka's Utilities (3.1.3 version, the last one compatible for v18), your Script on its last version and EBDX 1.0.15 and after that. Then, I dragged down the content of the "Elite Battle DX"'s folder (the "[900]..." folder) into EBDX folder on PBS.

ModBattles work with 3 Pokémon (they look pretty cool, btw), but more than that it gives me the same error. I don't know whether I'm just stupid or I'm not doing something right. I think I followed all the steps well so I don't know what I'm doing wrong sorry:(

I'm also using a fresh version of each script to ensure I'm not having errors by my own failure editing before.

Pokeminer20

PDM20, Coder of Chaos!
    Years
  • The thing is...I'm using v18, so I do not have a Plugin folder :(. Maybe it's because this EBDX version is too old? Because I picked up a fresh Essentials version, just added Luka's Utilities (3.1.3 version, the last one compatible for v18), your Script on its last version and EBDX 1.0.15 and after that. Then, I dragged down the content of the "Elite Battle DX"'s folder (the "[900]..." folder) into EBDX folder on PBS.

ModBattles work with 3 Pokémon (they look pretty cool, btw), but more than that it gives me the same error. I don't know whether I'm just stupid or I'm not doing something right. I think I followed all the steps well so I don't know what I'm doing wrong sorry:(

I'm also using a fresh version of each script to ensure I'm not having errors by my own failure editing before.

your on your own them. Luka nor I shall be providing support to V18 anymore.

Years
  • Okay so after trying for a couple of months to adapt the script to v18, I honestly gave up and started using v19.1, and just try to adapt my own scripts there. However, even while using v19.1 I'm not able to enter a ModWildBattle (I'm using 2.0.2 version of this mod)

If I add the mod like a v18 one, it gets me this error each time I want to start a new Game:
    Spoiler:

And if I try to add it from the Plugins' folder, this error pops when I start a battle:

Spoiler:

I'm also using EBDX's 1.2.6 version, the newest one

Pokeminer20

PDM20, Coder of Chaos!
    Years
  • Okay so after trying for a couple of months to adapt the script to v18, I honestly gave up and started using v19.1, and just try to adapt my own scripts there. However, even while using v19.1 I'm not able to enter a ModWildBattle (I'm using 2.0.2 version of this mod)

If I add the mod like a v18 one, it gets me this error each time I want to start a new Game:
    Spoiler:

And if I try to add it from the Plugins' folder, this error pops when I start a battle:

Spoiler:

I'm also using EBDX's 1.2.6 version, the newest one

Alright, The stack error I cannot help you with, period. I've never been able to figure out what really causes it, as for the pbModWildBat error, the way you're calling it is incorrect. the first argument is for the script to know how many Opponents you are facing. you're basically telling it you want to fight 1 Pikachu at level 5 and 4 MissingNo at level nil, which is why the game is crashing. if you want to fight one Pikachu with 5 of your own pokemon set $PokemonSystem.plabatlmt to 5, or if you want to fight 5 Pikachu's at once you need to copy `,:PIKACHU,5` 4 more times

Years
  • Alright, The stack error I cannot help you with, period. I've never been able to figure out what really causes it, as for the pbModWildBat error, the way you're calling it is incorrect. the first argument is for the script to know how many Opponents you are facing. you're basically telling it you want to fight 1 Pikachu at level 5 and 4 MissingNo at level nil, which is why the game is crashing. if you want to fight one Pikachu with 5 of your own pokemon set $PokemonSystem.plabatlmt to 5, or if you want to fight 5 Pikachu's at once you need to copy `,:PIKACHU,5` 4 more times

The thing is, even when I call it using your example (the one with Celebi, Jirachi and Mew), I still get the same error:(
    I just added your Script to EBDX on a new save copy, and when I try the battle this pops up. Honestly I don't know if I am just an idiot and I'm not doing something right

Spoiler:

Pokeminer20

PDM20, Coder of Chaos!
    Years
  • The thing is, even when I call it using your example (the one with Celebi, Jirachi and Mew), I still get the same error:(
    I just added your Script to EBDX on a new save copy, and when I try the battle this pops up. Honestly I don't know if I am just an idiot and I'm not doing something right

Spoiler:

I have an idea. Line 956 to 960 shows the following
    Spoiler:

Replace it with this:
    Spoiler:
    Not sure that'll fix it but it's worth a try

Last edited:
    Years
  • I have an idea. Line 956 to 960 shows the following
    Spoiler:

Replace it with this:
    Spoiler:
    Not sure that'll fix it but it's worth a try

Thank you so much! I had to edit another line, around 970s I think it was...But it works perfectly now, thanks!

Back