• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Essentials PBS Editor

DarrylBD99

Content Creator and Game Developer
Years
This is a great resource. I can't wait for the ability to edit the pokemonforms.txt PBS for this program to be released. Btw, will there be a feature to edit the metadata.txt?

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Nov 28, 2022
This is a great resource. I can't wait for the ability to edit the pokemonforms.txt PBS for this program to be released. Btw, will there be a feature to edit the metadata.txt?

I'm afraid I don't intend to expand upon this program anymore, or fix bugs.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 1, 2023
Hey, I'm having trouble with the pokemon editor. I cannot edit Type:Null and Silvally. These two errors appear. For Type: Null, the first appears, while for Silvally the second appears

Attachments

• Error 1.png
    Error 1.png
    47.2 KB · Views: 18
  • Error 2.png
    Error 2.png
    47.1 KB · Views: 8
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jul 12, 2020
Hey all, sorry for the necro.
I'm having this same issue that I quoted. Trainer editor not working and says line is invalid but there is nothing wrong with the line. I even tried changing the line by just adding a random letter or two, and then it says another seemingly random line is invalid.

Does anyone know what to do to fix this?
I know the OP said they are no longer supporting it, but its such a great tool I'd love to try to continue using it!

I think to have the same problem with trainers.txt .Which was the problem? And how you resolved it?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Sep 12, 2020
Hola Marin ¿Aún sigues vivo? Lamento no hablar inglés, pero tu programa me ha servido mucho hasta ahora. De un momento a otro ahora el programa me dice que "el servidor está caído" ¿existe una forma de poder usar el programa offline?

Hola Marin ¿Aún sigues vivo? Lamento no hablar inglés, pero tu programa me ha servido mucho hasta ahora. De un momento a otro ahora el programa me dice que "el servidor está caído" ¿existe una forma de poder usar el programa offline?

Please use only English, also Marin is still alive. The program is designed to be used offline.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 12, 2022
Struggling to figure out whats wrong with mine. Doesnt run for pokemon, type, move, or trainer editor. For the first three its an issue with the types.txt, and the last has an issue with the pokemon.txt. I dont have have an issue with neither when I playtest. Not sure how to move forward.
fcgNlwT

Y2NlwDU

Magi∆

MagiΔ
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 6, 2023
it says that it cant read or process the "Name" line of my custom pokemon in pokemon.txt. i am using essentials 18.1

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 29, 2023
it says that it cant read or process the "Name" line of my custom pokemon in pokemon.txt. i am using essentials 18.1
Marin is no longer updating this program. Sadly, there is no version compatable with 18.1, so there's probably nothing you can do to fix this issue

BrainWave

A new idea sprouts
Years
If Marin is not going to do anymore updates, would he allow other members to at least make it up-to-date?

Venomous_Zero86

Pokemon Chosen Ones (Coming Soon)
Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Feb 11, 2022
If Marin is not going to do anymore updates, would he allow other members to at least make it up-to-date?

i would love that tbh cuz pbs editor was really helpful editing the files and with v19 if this gets updated that would be amazing

Years
  • Age 18
  • Seen Apr 21, 2023
Ummm each time I click on download it makes another tab but doesn't download or show anything.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
I click the link and it just keeps saying that the page is unavailable. Using Windows PC and Google Chrome as browser

Back