• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Essentials v17.2] Gen 8 stuffs (Abilities, Items & Move)

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2023
    Can you rec a GIF or a video to show us? It's weird TBH but ok...
    It's pretty simple. Basically, you use a Rare Candy on a Level 100 Pokemon that isn't full evolved (Metapod for example) and its evolution will be triggered.

This also works for max happiness and level up while holding item evolutions, but only if they meet the requirements.

For example: using a Rare Candy on a Level 100 Woobat won't evolve it unless it has Max Happiness.

Years
  • Posted by WolfPP:

All Generation Cries (1-8) in .OGG format:
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=10121228#post10121228

By me:

https://mega.nz/#!MYtQzKRB!E5kHSnvh7s3wNiaVhFTAKcOvEWMrTb6Eiut5azZXBd8

I ripped this Galar forms cries + 2 forms that are not included on the link abose:

List:

875 - Escue (round head version)
    877 - Morpeko (Hangry Form)

Galar Zigzagoon + linoone + Ponyta + Rapidash + Weezing + Farfetch'd + Mr. Mime + Yamask + Darmanitan + Stunfisk.

The respective evos are already on the link above, i only did the ones that are missing in that rar.

NOTE: THEY ARE IN WAV FILES.

Galar Meowth Cry is the same as the Alola Meowth Cry.
    Galar Corsola + Darumaka are the same Cry from its original forms.

WolfPP

Spriter/ Pixel Artist
    Years
  • It's pretty simple. Basically, you use a Rare Candy on a Level 100 Pokemon that isn't full evolved (Metapod for example) and its evolution will be triggered.

This also works for max happiness and level up while holding item evolutions, but only if they meet the requirements.

For example: using a Rare Candy on a Level 100 Woobat won't evolve it unless it has Max Happiness.

I mean, I'd like to know the official phrases for that case. Like, you used Rare Candy into Magikarp lv. 100, then, only will change the screen for evolution scene, without any phrase?

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2023
    I mean, I'd like to know the official phrases for that case. Like, you used Rare Candy into Magikarp lv. 100, then, only will change the screen for evolution scene, without any phrase?
    I'm not sure if there's a phrase or if it just cuts to the evolution scene, but if you want, you could just make it so it cuts to the evolution scene.

Years
  • I mean, I'd like to know the official phrases for that case. Like, you used Rare Candy into Magikarp lv. 100, then, only will change the screen for evolution scene, without any phrase?

There's no phrase, it goes straight to the evolution scene after saying that "X gained 0 EXP Points". Another neat thing they added is an option to select how many Rare Candies or EXP Candies you want to give to one Pokémon. So if I select 10 Rare Candies, it levels up the Pokemon by 10.

WolfPP

Spriter/ Pixel Artist
    Years
  • There's no phrase, it goes straight to the evolution scene after saying that "X gained 0 EXP Points". Another neat thing they added is an option to select how many Rare Candies or EXP Candies you want to give to one Pokémon. So if I select 10 Rare Candies, it levels up the Pokemon by 10.

Yeah I know about the last one. I'll code it and edit this post later.

Years
  • I think this ability hasn't been posted yet, and since I had to add it to my fangame, here it is for everyone.

Stonjourner ability!
    Power Spot
    Spoiler:

This is one of my first things made by myself, so I hope it works ^^

idk if sweet veil has been posted, but I made it too if you need it.

Years
  • For sure @WolfPP will make this better (and it still needs a fix) but for Neutralizing Gas:

Spoiler:

Last edited:

WolfPP

Spriter/ Pixel Artist
    Years
  • Aleluia! Blunder Policy:
    Spoiler:

You're welcome! :D

Now, things to do about gen 8 script (except Dynamax mechanic):
    Mints items (to convert pokémon's EVs);
    Dragon Darts (move);
    Neutralizing Gas (ability);
    Milcery's and Galarian Yamask's evo method.

Cya!

Attachments

• [Essentials v17.2] Gen 8 stuffs (Abilities, Items & Move)
      itemXXX.png
      568 bytes · Views: 749
    Last edited:

WolfPP

Spriter/ Pixel Artist
    Years
  • Galarian Yamask's evo method:
    Spoiler:

To not trigger the evo method when the player uses Rare Candy, go to 'PItem_Items' and replace 'def pbChangeLevel(pokemon,newlevel,scene)' to:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

WolfPP

Spriter/ Pixel Artist
    Years
  • Galar Fossil Reviver:
    Remember to add the fossils in 'items.txt':
    Code:
    XXX,FOSSILIZEDBIRD,Fossilized Bird,Fossilized Birds,1,5000,"The fossil of an ancient Pokémon that once soared through the sky. What it looked like is a mystery.",0,0,8,
    XXX,FOSSILIZEDFISH,Fossilized Fish,Fossilized Fishes,1,5000,"The fossil of an ancient Pokémon that once lived in the sea. What it looked like is a mystery.",0,0,8,
    XXX,FOSSILIZEDDRAKE,Fossilized Drake,Fossilized Drakes,1,5000,"The fossil of an ancient Pokémon that once roamed the land. What it looked like is a mystery.",0,0,8,
    XXX,FOSSILIZEDDINO,Fossilized Dino,Fossilized Dinos,1,5000,"The fossil of an ancient Pokémon that once lived in the sea. What it looked like is a mystery.",0,0,8,

I made an event. Just add the map in data folder to get the event: https://www.mediafire.com/file/ljni5b6h3t6cwbv/Map011.rxdata/file

Attachments

item736.png
      1.5 KB · Views: 743
      item737.png
      1.4 KB · Views: 739
      item738.png
      1.3 KB · Views: 736
      item739.png
      1.4 KB · Views: 738
    Years
    • Seen Sep 19, 2023
    Spoiler:

Code:
       def pbMintUpperEvAndLowerEv(pokemon,scene,ev,ee,messages)
       e1=(pokemon.ev[ev]<252 && pokemon.ev[ev]>1  )
       e2=(pokemon.ev[ee]>0 && pokemon.ev[ee]>1)
       if !e1 && !e2
        scene.pbDisplay(_INTL("No tuvo ningún efecto."))
       pokemon.calcStats
       return false
     end

if e1 && e2
        pokemon.ev[ev]+=2 
        pokemon.ev[ee]-=1 
        pokemon.ev[ev]=252  if pokemon.ev[ev]>252
        pokemon.ev[ee]=pokemon.ev[ee]  if pokemon.ev[ev]>252
        pokemon.ev[ee]=0  if pokemon.ev[ev]<0
        pokemon.calcStats
      end

scene.pbDisplay(messages[2-(e1 ? 0 : 1)-(e2 ? 0 : 2)])
      scene.pbRefresh
     return true
    end

ItemHandlers::UseOnPokemon.add(:NAIVEMINT,proc{|item,pokemon,scene|
       next pbMintUpperEvAndLowerEv(pokemon,scene,PBStats::SPEED,PBStats::DEFENSE,[
          _INTL("¡La velocidad de {1} incremento! ¡pero la defensa bajo",pokemon.name),
          _INTL("Una estadistica de {1} llego al limite",pokemon.name),
          _INTL("La estadisticas de {1} llegaron al limite, no cambiaran mas",pokemon.name)

])
    })

750,NAIVEMINT,Naive Mint,Naive Mints,1,20,"When a Pokémon smells this mint, its Speed will grow more easily, but its Sp. Def will grow more slowly.",1,0,0,

WolfPP

Spriter/ Pixel Artist
    Years
  • Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    What you did about Mints mechanic is wrong. You can check here how its mechanic works:

https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=432507

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2023
    Does anyone know how to update Zen Mode's script for Gen 8? I've tried multiple times but I can't seem to get it to work properly.

WolfPP

Spriter/ Pixel Artist
    Years
  • My main problem is that I can't get it to work for both regular and Galarian Darmanitan. I was just hoping that someone's been able to modify Zen Mode's script to make Zen Mode work for both Darmanitan forms.

Just add inside pokemonform.txt o.o
    I did Darmanitan-1 to be Unovan Zen Mode; Darmanitan-2 the Galarian Darmanitan and -3, Galarian Zen Mode. Then, put them to change the forms into Zen Mode code (if pokemon.form==0, change to 1, if form==2, form=3)

EDIT: Here what I meant:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2023
    Just add inside pokemonform.txt o.o
    I did Darmanitan-1 to be Unovan Zen Mode; Darmanitan-2 the Galarian Darmanitan and -3, Galarian Zen Mode. Then, put them to change the forms into Zen Mode code (if pokemon.form==0, change to 1, if form==2, form=3)

EDIT: Here what I meant:
    Spoiler:

Thanks for the script!
    The only problem is that Galarian Darmanitan will transform back into Unovian Darmanitan after battle. Do you know how to fix this? I'm guessing it has to do with def pbResetForm.

WolfPP

Spriter/ Pixel Artist
    Years
  • Thanks for the script!
    The only problem is that Galarian Darmanitan will transform back into Unovian Darmanitan after battle. Do you know how to fix this? I'm guessing it has to do with def pbResetForm.

Compare my 'def pbEndRoundCheckForm' with your 'def pbResetForm'. Also, double check their forms in Battler Folder (555,555_1,555_2 and 555_3 is the same than what you added in pokemonform.txt).

EDIT: Oh, I got you. if switch or fainted or after battle, yeah, inside 'def pbResetForm':
    Code:
      def pbResetForm
        if !@effects[PBEffects::Transform]
          if isConst?(self.species,PBSpecies,:CASTFORM) ||
             isConst?(self.species,PBSpecies,:CHERRIM) ||
             isConst?(self.species,PBSpecies,:MELOETTA) ||
             isConst?(self.species,PBSpecies,:AEGISLASH) ||
             isConst?(self.species,PBSpecies,:XERNEAS) || 
             isConst?(self.species,PBSpecies,:WISHIWASHI) ||
             isConst?(self.species,PBSpecies,:CRAMORANT) ||
             isConst?(self.species,PBSpecies,:MORPEKO)
            self.form=0
          end
          if isConst?(self.species,PBSpecies,:DARMANITAN)
            self.form=0 if self.form==2; self.form=1 if self.form==3
          end
          if isConst?(self.species,PBSpecies,:MINIOR)
            if self.startform>0; self.form=self.startform; else; self.form=1+rand(7); self.startform=self.form; end
          end
        end
        pbUpdate(true)
      end

Last edited:

WolfPP

Spriter/ Pixel Artist
    Years
  • Little upgrade about Stuff Cheeks move: added Unnerve case (it will fail):
    Code:
    ################################################################################
    # Consumes berry and raises the user's Defense by 2 stages. (Stuff Cheeks)
    ################################################################################
    class PokeBattle_Move_187 < PokeBattle_Move
      def pbEffect(attacker,opponent,hitnum=0,alltargets=nil,showanimation=true)
        if !pbIsBerry?(attacker.item) ||
           attacker.pbOpposing1.hasWorkingAbility(:UNNERVE) ||
           attacker.pbOpposing2.hasWorkingAbility(:UNNERVE)
          @battle.pbDisplay("But it failed!")
          return -1
        end
        return -1 if !attacker.pbCanIncreaseStatStage?(PBStats::DEFENSE,attacker,true,self)
        attacker.pbActivateBerryEffect
        attacker.pbConsumeItem
        pbShowAnimation(@id,attacker,opponent,hitnum,alltargets,showanimation)
        ret=attacker.pbIncreaseStat(PBStats::DEFENSE,2,attacker,false,self)
        return ret ? 0 : -1
      end
    end

Added it into Main post.

Back