• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Essentials v17.2] Gen 8 stuffs (Abilities, Items & Move)

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Here are all the new moves and abilities for Crown Tundra (v17.2):

Thunder Cage:
    Spoiler:
    Eerie Spell:
    Spoiler:

All Crown Tundra Moves PBS (replace IDs and function codes as appropriate):
    Spoiler:

Curious Medicine:
    Spoiler:
    Transistor:
    Spoiler:
    Dragon's Maw:
    Spoiler:
    Chilling Neigh:
    Spoiler:
    Grim Neigh:
    Spoiler:
    As One:
    Spoiler:

Crown Tundra Abilities PBS (replace IDs as appropriate):
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
  • Here are all the new moves and abilities for Crown Tundra (v17.2):
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

This is awesome!

With everyone working on essentials 18, the ones that doesn't know how to properly code and are still using v17.2 needed this. Me included.

You are great. Really, really thanks!

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    [/SPOILER]

This is awesome!

With everyone working on essentials 18, the ones that doesn't know how to properly code and are still using v17.2 needed this. Me included.

You are great. Really, really thanks!

I'm glad it was helpful. By the way, I found a small error with Eerie Spell's code, so it's fixed now

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2020
    Hi. I have replaced the code for mirror armor but when I run RPG maker a SyntaxError window pops up. I have tried to change the code but it always points the error at the last line of code even if there's nothing written on that line. A little help?

Years
  • Hi. I have replaced the code for mirror armor but when I run RPG maker a SyntaxError window pops up. I have tried to change the code but it always points the error at the last line of code even if there's nothing written on that line. A little help?

It means you didn't copy the code properly. Instead of manually trying to install everything, you're better off getting all the stuff from here.

https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=442507

YashPokeFan123

#PokeFan
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2023
    Calyrex's fusions v18.1:
    When you fuse or unfuse Calyrex with some horse, some moves will be removed. So, to make it, we just need to paste this script inside 'Pokemon_Forms' script, below Necrozma's code:

Spoiler:

Hey can this script work for 17.2 and where to get the script for gen8 abilities, moves , item for 18.1

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Gorilla Tactics:
    In ability txt, the info for:
    XXX,GORILLATACTICS,Gorilla Tactics,"Boosts the Pokémon's Attack stat but only allows the use of the first selected move."

In 'PBEffects' add a new effect for, inside ' ############# These effects apply to a battler' (XXX will be your last number):
    Code:
        GorillaTactics     = XXX

############################################################################
        # These effects apply to a side
        CraftyShield       = 0

In 'PokeBattle_Battler' script, add a new effect for, inside 'def pbInitEffects(batonpass)' into the last line, above the 'end', like:
    Code:
        @effects[PBEffects::GorillaTactics]   = -1
      end

def pbUpdate(fullchange=false)

Then, 'def pbEndTurn(choice)' add for the ability:
    Code:
        if @effects[PBEffects::GorillaTactics]<0 && @lastMoveUsed>=0 && !fainted? && 
           self.hasWorkingAbility(:GORILLATACTICS)
          @effects[PBEffects::GorillaTactics]=@lastMoveUsed
        end
        @battle.pbPrimordialWeather

Now, to power up thanks to ability, go to 'PokeBattle_Move' script and above THICKCLUB's code, paste:
    Code:
        if attacker.hasWorkingAbility(:GORILLATACTICS) && pbIsPhysical?(type)
          atkmult=(atkmult*1.5).round
        end
        if attacker.hasWorkingItem(:THICKCLUB) &&

Finally, in 'PokeBattle_Battle' script, inside 'def pbCanChooseMove?(idxPokemon,idxMove,showMessages,sleeptalk=false)' paste below 'if thispkmn.effects[PBEffects::Encore]>0 && idxMove!=thispkmn.effects[PBEffects::EncoreIndex]', like:
    Code:
        if thispkmn.effects[PBEffects::Encore]>0 && idxMove!=thispkmn.effects[PBEffects::EncoreIndex]
          return false
        end
        if thispkmn.effects[PBEffects::GorillaTactics]>=0 && thispkmn.hasWorkingAbility(:GORILLATACTICS)
          hasmove=false
          for i in 0...4
            if thispkmn.moves[i].id==thispkmn.effects[PBEffects::GorillaTactics]
              hasmove=true; break
            end
          end
          if hasmove && thismove.id!=thispkmn.effects[PBEffects::GorillaTactics]
            if showMessages
              pbDisplayPaused(_INTL("{1} can only use {2}!",
                 thispkmn.pbThis,
                 PBMoves.getName(thispkmn.effects[PBEffects::GorillaTactics])))
            end
            return false
          end
        end

Was posted ages ago and made sure if a later/revised version or someone got errors, but for whatever reason, an AI using gorilla tactics just always struggles (from turn 1). it has all damaging moves and no pokemon appeared before it. unsure on the issue honestly

WolfPP

Spriter/ Pixel Artist
    Years
  • Was posted ages ago and made sure if a later/revised version or someone got errors, but for whatever reason, an AI using gorilla tactics just always struggles (from turn 1). it has all damaging moves and no pokemon appeared before it. unsure on the issue honestly

Sorry I will just support v18.1 now... But basically Gorilla Tactics ability works like Choice Bands item "(PBEffects::ChoiceBands)'. You just need to copy, past and edit it to an ability! :D

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2021
    Throat Spray:

In items.txt:
    Code:
    xxx,THROATSPRAY,Throat Spray,Throat Sprays,1,4000,"Raises Sp. Atk when a Pokémon uses a sound-based move.",0,0,0,

P.S: for Fling move, the power is 30.

Inside 'PokeBattle_Battler' script, look for WEAKNESSPOLICY's code and below it, add:
    Code:
            elsif target.hasWorkingItem(:WEAKNESSPOLICY) && target.damagestate.typemod>8
              showanim=true
              if target.pbIncreaseStatWithCause(PBStats::ATTACK,2,target,PBItems.getName(target.item),showanim)
                PBDebug.log("[Item triggered] #{target.pbThis}'s Weakness Policy (Attack)")
                showanim=false
              end
              if target.pbIncreaseStatWithCause(PBStats::SPATK,2,target,PBItems.getName(target.item),showanim)
                PBDebug.log("[Item triggered] #{target.pbThis}'s Weakness Policy (Special Attack)")
                showanim=false
              end
              target.pbConsumeItem if !showanim
            elsif user.hasWorkingItem(:THROATSPRAY) && move.isSoundBased?
              if user.pbIncreaseStatWithCause(PBStats::SPATK,1,user,PBItems.getName(user.item))
                PBDebug.log("[Item triggered] #{user.pbThis}'s #{PBItems.getName(user.item)}")
                user.pbConsumeItem
              end
            elsif target.hasWorkingItem(:ENIGMABERRY) && target.damagestate.typemod>8

I can't seem to find the supposed weakness policy code in the scripts. Can someone help?

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Was working on adding a move like dragon darts, and with the exact dragon darts code, just a different function, it doesn't work accordingly.
    this is using the one from the main post and searched the rest of the thread, its all correct and tried excluding bits and redoing bits just to make sure it wasnt my fault/my code's fault, to no avail.
    the move hits twice, the message doesnt appear, but it always hits the target. it has the same target mode in its move.txt, 00, like dragon darts however i cant see the issue.
    besides a different function code, my version is exactly the same, and don't have any idea why it's not functioning (the originalTarget=target is added as without it will error).

If this was a noticed thing, im sure in testing or even others would pick it up, while the sections it relates and while i get no issues could it be a version thing? either way help would be great.

Back