• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

EV Training Discussion

Years
    Me....Before it takes me a month and something days. Now with the pokrus effect I can train one pokemon in a day. Now yall start.

Years
    I've never actually finished EV training a team before. On any game. Something important always comes up. It doesn't take that long provided you're willing to sit there and battle monotonously without many breaks. I'm not much of an EV trainer any more, just because I have more fun doing other things instead of EV training.

FalconsDrummer

Why yes, I have an Octillery.
    Years
    I have the Power items, Pokérus, and a whole slew of Ditto at my disposal. Once the planning stage and the catching/breeding process are done, I can EV train a team in a few hours. The entire process can take anywhere from a day to a week - longer if I have more important things to do in the real world.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    This doesn't just apply to the HGSS games, so I'll move this to the PGC section. (Personally with power items and access to pokerus I imagine it would not tak me too long to EV train each Pokemon I have... but I have hardly done the such to any Pokemon of mine)

Pwnyta Jockey

Bees Hate You, Pwnyta!
    Years
    About a day per Pokemon sounds about right. Which stinks a s its slow and i got no power items so i gots to use a Macho Brace. Usually vitamin first.
    Keeping track is what slows me due to writing on paper with a pen what has been given.

Starrodkirby86

Das Kirby
    Years
    The EV training part isn't too difficult or cumbersome. Now, I haven't done a whole team, so I don't know all the troubles and agony, but a day per Pokemon definitely sounds like it -- maybe two per day if there's a lot of free time.

What I found as the issue is getting everything ready -- I found getting the Power items more cumbersome and tiring to get compared to just EV spreeing. :p

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Depending on whether or not I have the right vitamins and/or Power items, it takes me an hour or two to several days to EV train a Pokemon.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    The one time I've EV trained is to try and get Tynamo and Litwick's Speed up and it took forever. Used Carboses, but since I didn't have any other EV-helping items, I just had to keep fighting Woobats. There's an area in Unova Route 7 with Deerling and Zebstrika which is quite good, but it still took an age for both of them.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Hope you don't mind, but I edited the title since a similar thread was made about EV training, and I figured an EV training thread would just be better. Carry on!

Years
    I've found that it doesn't take all that long to EV train in HGSS with the power items. It can really make a really powerful team. I try to avoid doing it to much though it kinda seems to take a little bit of the fun out training, or playing in general, when you have to track all of the numbers.

Years
    Takes me 30 minutes tops.

100 EVs from Vitamins + Pokerus + Respective Power Item = less than 15 Pokemon to KO for any given stat.

IV breeding and resetting is where I start to run into problems.

TheGr8

lovely pair<3
    Years
    I started with EV training, then became more serious into IV breeding. EV'ing takes me like 20-30 minutes tops back in HG/SS haven't done any in black so far. I have been IV breeding my team.

Years
    It takes less time for me to train for the first 100 points than to earn 98,000 with the VS seeker.
    With the Pokérus and Macho Brace, it takes me 1 hour to EV one Pokémon. It actually takes me more time to find their IVs and pick an appropriate spread.

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2011
    I was fighting a Druddigon in Dragonspiral tower, I used a physical attack to beat it but the effects of rough skin also made my pokemon faint in the process. Do I still get the 2 ATK EP's?

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2013
    I'm less faithful in EV training my main team(the one that used for getting through the story), so they stat might be get mixed, but not too horrible either. Fully ev train my "dream team" but this dream even have a beedrill as the captain for second team. In other word, I do it just for fun.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I was fighting a Druddigon in Dragonspiral tower, I used a physical attack to beat it but the effects of rough skin also made my pokemon faint in the process. Do I still get the 2 ATK EP's?

If you get exp, you get EVs is the general consensus. The only time that doesn't apply is if your Pokemon is level 100, then you get EVs but no exp.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    If I didn't have Pokerus, it would take me a couple hours to EV a Pokemon, but if I had Pokerus and power items, it would usually take about 45 min per Pokemon. Then again I'm not that good at EV'ing and I haven't gone it in a while D:

Calamity

Just for the love of the game.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2020
    Started to Ev my first pokemon today, a timid Eevee soon to be Jolteon and I gotta' admit its not as bad as I thought it'd be, although I still need to to another 252ev's on it so. -_-

Back